• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unpopular opinion, Francis is one of the worst HW of the modern era

BringCodyBack

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Let´s face the reality, a physically strong brawler with no skill whatsoever, which gas in 1 round.

The heavyweight division has actually regressed this last few years.

For all I care, I wouldn't give a damm if he left. Wouldnt even be bothered if the Hw division was scrapped at this point, its a shame to the mma hw legacy.

Let´s face the reality, a physically strong brawler with no skill whatsoever, which gas in 1 round.

For all I care, I wouldn't give a damm if he left. Wouldnt even be bothered if the Hw division was scrapped at this point, its a shame to the mma hw legacy.
What do you define as the modern era?

Francis is severely overrated but he deserves some credit. His last performance left a lot to be desired and I don't buy the knee injury. He was moving around and crushing pads just fine two days before the fight on Embedded. It's likely a stall tactic to sit out until December.

I don't think he's even top 10 HW of all time, I also think the HW division is pretty weak right now. Especially after this fight.

But that's all we have right now :( And Ngannou leaving would weaken it ever further.

I've always liked the heavies more so I would actually mind him leaving before someone beats him again. That would suck.

There's still fun fights like Volkov, Stipe trilogy, Jones, Black Beast 2...

Keep the Francis!

LOL should be instaly put in the wasteland. But of course they will let this nonsense live

No he wouldn´t god this place is nuts. Also Fedor could easily be slammed or KO by Ngannou

I mean Fedor got slammed on his head by Randleman and submitted him like 30 seconds later.

Obv right now Ngannou would 90% beat Fedor. But Fedor was very quick and a great grappler when he was young. Getting a few takedowns on a kickboxer with limited grappling experience only looks impressive.

Finished 4 of his last six opponents in about a minute each..

Other guys he beat were Stipe and Gane..

GTFO

Ngannou never needed heaps of technique / skill to win, his physicality overrides his opponents skill.. he's had a lot of quality opponents..

Finished 4 of his last six opponents in about a minute each..

Other guys he beat were Stipe and Gane..

GTFO

Ngannou never needed heaps of technique / skill to win, his physicality overrides his opponents skill.. he's had a lot of quality opponents..
Ngannou haters are in denial stage seeing The Predator successfully evolving his skillset

Actually, I think his stock increased skill wise over that last performance.

He's always been the wakanda power slugger, but this last fight showed he has the fight IQ to adapt and beat the much more skilled Gane, perhaps even seriously injured.

The takedowns were not sloppy either, they were technically sound and obviously has been doing work with usman.

A lesser fighter would have folded, plenty of one dimension heavy handers fail to adapt when they can't land the punch.

He managed to beat Miocic and Gane. One regarded as the best HW ever and the other regarded as future champion. Either Miocic and Gane are bad fighters or Ngannou isn’t that bad.

Back