UFL Spring Football - NFL Can Recycling Center

Bay Area Panthers and San Diego StrikeForce(I think) in the IFL is all we got

Bay Area Panthers were supposed to be the Oakland Panthers(Marshawn Lynch is an owner) and they were gonna play at the arena next to the Coliseum

I was so frickin excited to get football back in Oakland that i was campaigning every day on social media to get everyone i knew to buy season ticket packages, I was probably doing more to sell tickets than anybody working for the team was because I wanted it to succeed so bad

I was anxiously counting down the days til March 14, 2020 which was the first game of the season, got together with a bunch of old Raiders fans through social media and we had a huge tailgate party planned to welcome football back to Oakland

And then Covid happened and the season was cancelled two days before week 1 and the Oakland Panthers never played one single game in Oakland...

<DCrying>

Damn!! Well, good on you for that Pete! Hopefully they get something together for the next season!

Damn!! Well, good on you for that Pete! Hopefully they get something together for the next season!

They won the league championship last season, playing outta the Shark Tank in San Jose and there might have been 500 people in attendance

There was talk that Urijah Faber was trying to buy them and move them to the fancy pants new basketball arena in Sacramento but I guess it didn't happen cause they're still in San Jose this season

Urijah Faber buying them woulda been a smart business move imo, Sacramento is a great sports/live event town, they got a rabid fan base that supports all their teams and all the concerts and other events usually draw great crowds out there

Plus Urijah already runs a regional MMA promotion out there and it is a top notch operation all the way around that draws sellout crowds so he's shown he knows what he's doing in terms of local support

Last edited:
If the Bay area gets a team, I'd guess the best outdoor spots are San Jose State's football stadium or that nice MLS stadium in San Jose.

If the Bay area gets a team, I'd guess the best outdoor spots are San Jose State's football stadium or that nice MLS stadium in San Jose.

It would fail in San Jose imo, gotta be centrally located, easy to get to, people arent gonna drive two hours each way to watch minor league football but they'll attend if they can just jump on the train from anywhere in the Bay and get there with zero hassle

Too bad there arent any major stadiums in the area with their own dedicated train stop, oh wait...

oak.jpg

Back