• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC gloves are TERRIBLE

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
These clowns know the gloves have issues and they dont want to change it because of ego. Get rid of those garbage and bring in the GOAT of MMA gloves that were from Pride. Enough with eye pokes. Do we need a serious eye injury to a popular fighter to come to the realization that something has to be done? Come on UFC, get your shit together. As the leader of MMA, you should be at the forefront on all this.

2irruwx.jpg

Last edited:
Joe, I thought you had a podcast then a set at The Chuckle Hut” tonight?

Why are you on Sherdog Joe?

Kidding...I agree

Legalize eyepokes and we won't have a problem. They're so damned effective yet they're banned. I think you can specialize in eyepokes with no grappling or striking and win against elite MMA fighters because they have no eyepoke defense.

We’ve known this forever.

But if there are no warnings, and a point is deducted for each poke. I bet the eye pokes will become fewer.

I’m not saying they’re intentional. But if you know that any poke is a deduction. You’re consciously going to be more careful. That only makes sense.

We’ve known this forever.

But if there are no warnings, and a point is deducted for each poke. I bet the eye pokes will become fewer.

I’m not saying they’re intentional. But if you know that any poke is a deduction. You’re consciously going to be more careful. That only makes sense.
That is a terrible idea. Guys will start faking it. The fight will be put on hold just so the ref can review the replay. MMA fighters will begin to train with soccer players on how to flop.

These clowns know the gloves have issues and they dont want to change it because of ego. Get rid of those garbage and bring in the GOAT of MMA gloves that were from Pride. Enough with eye pokes.
How were the gloves in Pride different? They seemed similar as far as I could tell. However, I do not remember very many eye pokes happening in pride at all.

How were the gloves in Pride different? They seemed similar as far as I could tell. However, I do not remember very many eye pokes happening in pride at all.
Look at the above photo Ladder Master posted.

Pride gloves was quality stuff. Ufc gloves are primitive.

I don't know why the UFC just don't change the fucking glove, it's not that complicated.
Well because that curve actually severely limits the amount of jiujitsu a fighter can do. The UFC glove is perfect.

That is a terrible idea. Guys will start faking it. The fight will be put on hold just so the ref can review the replay. MMA fighters will begin to train with soccer players on how to flop.

So what? The fight SHOULD be stopped after an eye poke so that the injured fighter can recover. During that time the replay can be viewed.

If a fighter fakes it then penalize him.

Ah, I see. The natural curvature would definitely minimize eye pokes it seems. I actually can't even recall it happening in Pride.
Pride was about honor, so less fouls maybe.

Needs gloves that cover the fingertips like Enter the Dragon. Or something where the curvature makes it impossible to do oil check style eyepokes.

They are probably locked in a multi year deal with the manufacturer like with Reebok.

How would the glove reduce the amount of eye pokes? It's not like it makes your fingers shorter. The part of the finger that pokes the eye is still exposed.

How would the glove reduce the amount of eye pokes? It's not like it makes your fingers shorter. The part of the finger that pokes the eye is still exposed.

the are rigid and tend to keep your hand straight and open more that it would naturally be.

Back