UFC Fight NIght-Santos vs Walker-official PBP

Santos 3-2. Walker, way to go moving to Ireland for that shitty coaching. Now not only are you losing, you're boring. Congrats.

He didn't even move to Ireland for the coaching, he moved for some girl lol. The coaching was secondary. Very weak move, very clear SBG is gonna ruin this guy. Although I think facing a fellow Brazillian he respected contributed to his change of style.

mwho would have thought.
That slim shady woulda be something that you woulda bought?
I think the commission rules must say otherwise? I don't know them TBH. If this went against the rules of the commission then I agree with you. But the AC guy actually told Dean that it was still the ref's discretion so I'm assuming this was still within the rules.
Admittedly, I don’t know how the rules are worded precisely. Instinctually, that felt like major bullshit.

That slim shady woulda be something that you woulda bought?

Admittedly, I don’t know how the rules are worded precisely. Instinctually, that felt like major bullshit.

IDK, I kinda think otherwise IF you are gonna have replay at all. If you're saying that replay in general has no place in MMA and whatever happens just happens (if the ref misses it or messes up...too bad) then that's one thing. Not sure I agree, but I can understand that point.

But if you do think replay has a place in MMA, this is what it's designed for. The ref missed how the headbutt clearly began the sequence that ended the fight. He didn't realize how badly hurt (to the point where he was flash KO'd) Holland was when it happened. That's why he said "I knew there was a clash of heads but when Holland started fighting back I let it go..." Well...yeah. Except he was still wobbly as hell and at that point the grappler had gotten a solid position on him to advance toward a choke. So the replay showed big Dan that the clash of heads was the entire reason that Holland was in that bad spot to begin with.

IDK, I kinda think otherwise IF you are gonna have replay at all. If you're saying that replay in general has no place in MMA and whatever happens just happens (if the ref misses it or messes up...too bad) then that's one thing. Not sure I agree, but I can understand that point.

But if you do think replay has a place in MMA, this is what it's designed for. The ref missed how the headbutt clearly began the sequence that ended the fight. He didn't realize how badly hurt (to the point where he was flash KO'd) Holland was when it happened. That's why he said "I knew there was a clash of heads but when Holland started fighting back I let it go..." Well...yeah. Except he was still wobbly as hell and at that point the grappler had gotten a solid position on him to advance toward a choke. So the replay showed big Dan that the clash of heads was the entire reason that Holland was in that bad spot to begin with.

The head-butt knocked Holland out cold. The fact that he instinctively fought back and tried to continue doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the head butt basically ended the fight. Where things get murky for me is what would have happened if they made it to the 2nd round or, as other people have alluded to, if Holland had won the fight. It's definitely something that needs refining. Would be annoying if I was holding a Daukus ticket but I can see myself making the same decision Dan made if I were told its up to me to do what I think is fair in the moment.

What do you guys think the odds will be if they end up booking Holland vs Daukaus 2? I think Holland will still be favored but maybe down to -130 / -140

What do you guys think the odds will be if they end up booking Holland vs Daukaus 2? I think Holland will still be favored but maybe down to -130 / -140

I don't think Holland should be favored over anyone who can lock his body up against the cage at all. He can be favored against strikers with no grappling or BJJ background but he's god awful in the clinch etc

I don't think Holland should be favored over anyone who can lock his body up against the cage at all. He can be favored against strikers with no grappling or BJJ background but he's god awful in the clinch etc

I think he held his own with decent takedown defense in the beginning, he would've taken over on the feet the longer the fight went on. Don't think the betting public will hold much after the head clash against Holland & he'd be the favorite by fight night even if he opened as the underdog.

The head-butt knocked Holland out cold. The fact that he instinctively fought back and tried to continue doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the head butt basically ended the fight. Where things get murky for me is what would have happened if they made it to the 2nd round or, as other people have alluded to, if Holland had won the fight. It's definitely something that needs refining. Would be annoying if I was holding a Daukus ticket but I can see myself making the same decision Dan made if I were told its up to me to do what I think is fair in the moment.

My whole thing is that even if it was only a KD and Holland wasn't hurt why on earth would you let it continue instead of stand them up? In my opinion once he made that decision to let it go on the result should have been final...but at the end of the day it was the ref who messed up so its good that they fixed it, even if I disagree with the principle of the ruling itself.

Last edited:
I think he held his own with decent takedown defense in the beginning, he would've taken over on the feet the longer the fight went on. Don't think the betting public will hold much after the head clash against Holland & he'd be the favorite by fight night even if he opened as the underdog.

Dauk has some pretty good striking dude

. Deciding how replay should be used is an interesting conversation. The black letter rules may say that was the right outcome. I don’t know how anyone can precisely define when the “fight ending sequence” begins.

the pacing had goes to decision prop all over it, dog odds i believe.

If the fight goes to round 2 or Holland wins, the idea would be that they'd look at the replay and big Dan would determine that the headbutt did NOT directly lead to the outcome.
. Deciding how replay should be used is an interesting conversation. The black letter rules may say that was the right outcome. I don’t know how anyone can precisely define when the “fight ending sequence” begins.

I agree there's some ambiguity with it all. They are basically allowing the ref to take a second look to see if there's anything really obvious that they missed. They're trying to use it as similarly as they can to how other sports do, even though MMA is just so inherently different. That said, I think in this particular instance when there's such a profound and obvious result of a headbutt (in this case a fighter being flash KO'd and waking up but still being pretty out of it) the ref can say with a decent level of certainty that it was what started the fight ending sequence since it allowed Daukus to latch onto a dazed Holland and immediately move to a dominant position.

But yeah, there's always gonna be some level of subjectivity to it and refs are gonna have to make judgement calls. But they have to do that during the fights too.

If the fight goes to round 2 or Holland wins, the idea would be that they'd look at the replay and big Dan would determine that the headbutt did NOT directly lead to the outcome.

I agree there's some ambiguity with it all. They are basically allowing the ref to take a second look to see if there's anything really obvious that they missed. They're trying to use it as similarly as they can to how other sports do, even though MMA is just so inherently different. That said, I think in this particular instance when there's such a profound and obvious result of a headbutt (in this case a fighter being flash KO'd and waking up but still being pretty out of it) the ref can say with a decent level of certainty that it was what started the fight ending sequence since it allowed Daukus to latch onto a dazed Holland and immediately move to a dominant position.

But yeah, there's always gonna be some level of subjectivity to it and refs are gonna have to make judgement calls. But they have to do that during the fights too.
I had a Dauk +146 ticket if you can’t tell LOL.

Is that the first time we've seen that stupid ass little review light on the side of the Octagon illuminated?

Never realized that was even there.

Did that 20k parlay guy hit??

He had Holland so the NC voided that leg, but he still won. I don't know what the actual payout was (and not gonna go back and figure it out LOL) but was still a huge payday.

Now if only they'd instant replay fence grabs so they could take a point between rounds.

Back