UFC Fight Night 81: Anthony Pettis vs Eddie Alvarez PBP (Discussion)

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anthony_Pettis_vs_Eddie_Alvarez.jpg

eddie EASSTCOAST alvarez in boston coming in hot gonna be the best eddie we ever seen hes been training wit killers lke frankie mike chandle barboza etc for this shitttt hes gonnna be tough to put out tonight and pettisssssssss aint good in a long dirty boxing kinda scrap i feel.. pettis can pull alot of ninja shit thoo in 3 rounds..wouldnt be suprised to see pettis looking to pull someninja shit some crazy sppinning ninja sheeet....but well see.. i got money on eddie alvarez dog.......... ball aint life just scrp bruh..... jah here meh/.....

I speak pretty fluent Diaz, let me help you out:
"209" - The center of Earth, as well as the implied universe as a whole.
"What" - Contrary to popular usage, this is not a question, but rather a spoken exclamation point, fitting the end of any sentence.
"Cesar Gracie Jiujitsu" - The only place in the entire world where a martial artist can receive legitimate fight training.
"Hitters" - Fighters with significant KO power.
"It's Whatever" - A philosophical summary of existence, ala "C'est la vie", denoting the futility of man's attempts to completely understand or control the events of fate.

-- Peteyandjia

This is a tougher fight for Pettis than advertised honestly. I'm picking Pettis via sub, but Alvarez will bring a fight.

Alvarez isn't going to have any answer for the kicks. Unless Pettis makes a mistake and gets caught, it should be a walk in the park

This is the fight that I am most excited for tonight.

This has FOTN potential.

Really really really leaning on Pettis, he's pretty much a lock, but I have this strange feeling Alvarez might get the upset.

Alvarez' gameplan should be simple: wrestle him and don't get subbed. Easier said than done, sure, but I think he's capable of doing it. I think he's the better wrestler, and I think he's a good enough striker to keep Pettis honest and set up takedowns.

RDA showed how it's done. Bendo could have done it but ate body kicks and got subbed. Guida did it. Alvarez isn't as accomplished a wrestler as those three, necessarily, but I think he could do it too. Doesn't mean he will, but I think -375 favorite for Pettis is a little much. I have him more at -225 or -250. Especially in a three round fight, which I think favors narrower odds in general.

Really good match up on paper. I would like to see Pettis make a comeback.

Really good match up on paper. I would like to see Pettis make a comeback.
Considering that RDA obliterated Cowboy his next fight after Pettis I think it speaks well for Anthony that he wasn't overwhelmed from the get go , now yeah I would like to see the best version of Pettis yet

Fucking finally let's see some action.

The pacing of this card makes me want to fucking end my life. 50 mins for the opening fight, this fight derped up by fouls. Even the Carl's Jr ad with Pantera in the background (WTF by the way) can't keep me awake.

Back