UFC Fight Night 73: Glover Teixeira vs Ovince Saint Preux PBP (Discussion)

Not really. He went out in the way that you end up in the back of buffalo bill's van.
lambs-van.jpg

He didnt give up even at the very end. Gotta respect that.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bader won in the rematch against Glover. He got caught slippin' last time.

I don't get FS1 and had to watch this fight via stream, so someone please explain to me what DC is saying that is so lol-tastic.

That was quite a terrible fight though, skill-wise.

I don't get FS1 and had to watch this fight via stream, so someone please explain to me what DC is saying that is so lol-tastic.

Rashad and the FS1 lady brought up that Glover might be fighting for the belt sooner or later, DC said that he thinks Glover won't beat him because Glover won't take him down and do what he did to OSP (which is true). Rashad and the lady bring up Glover's power, while DC gets flustered and just starts rambling until he accidentally calls Glover OSP.

Rashad and the FS1 lady brought up that Glover might be fighting for the belt sooner or later, DC said that he thinks Glover won't beat him because Glover won't take him down and do what he did to OSP (which is true). Rashad and the lady bring up Glover's power, while DC gets flustered and just starts rambling until he accidentally calls Glover OSP.

Lol ok this is mildly funny.

Thanks for the explanation.

are you trying to say he was going to sweep while being mounted?

Could have trap & rolled from the mount but I was referring to the 5 or so minutes he spent in half guard covering up instead of either coming out the back door or hitting the old school sweep that Glover was giftwrapping for him.

OSP charging to the top of the pound-for-pound worst fight IQ list.

Because he is.

He's a monster grappler and has always been.

Yes, I even forgot about it. He does have dangerous hands, but he uses strikes to either set up takedowns or rock a guy and follow him down. And when the fight hits the mats, he just becomes three times more ferocious. Teixeira doesn't have a nickname, but "Antaeus" would be a fitting one.

Lol Glover wouldnt even be able to take down DC.

Even half-dead Rumble was able to secure a takedown on DC. Besides, Glover can catch DC's kicks and turn it into takedowns or he may be able to drop him down (he carried a lot of power just like Rumble) and follow him to the ground. But I doubt he will do it for 3 rounds to win a 5-round decision. Glover's best strategy would be to punch body a lot since Cormier historically had problems with absorbing body shots (Barnett, Mir, Jones...)

Last edited:
Glover is still a good fighter, even though he's slowing down at his age and was always slow to begin with, but I can't see him even coming close to beating the top 4 guys - Jones, Former, Gus, and Rumble. All 4 beat him with ease.

I think this one can be defeated since the blueprint for beating Rumble is well-known (weather the storm, take him down, wait until he gives his back and choke him out).

thought the teixeira osp fight was great. glover was in trouble early on but couldnt let himself back down despite feeling osp's power. stayed game, wore osp out and got the sub in the end. i feel like teixeira could have lost that fight easily, but he was ballsy and it paid off. exciting to watch

Back