UFC 272 PBP/Discussion

Fair enough. Given the things that come out of Colby's mouth, it's not hard to see why teammates would turn on him quickly.

Colby actually has a reputation of being a very good teammate. Kind and helpful even towards guys in his own division. Listen to how much Miguel Baeza raves about him. Which is all the more reason Colbly likely feels hurt and betrayed by Poirier turning the gym into a warzone and forcing Dan Lambert to get rid of him.

Even if you despise Colby, that's a shitty move on Poirier's part, and it's no surprise he is now in Covington's cross-hairs. Who, incidentally, I would heavily favor to beat Dustin.

mkess101 said:
Obviously I don't know Dustin personally. But he won that humanitarian award and by all accounts give a shit ton of time and $ to helping the less fortunate. Khabib gave him his shirt to auction off for Dustin's foundation.

None of those indicate whether he is a good person or not. I've heard many tales of famous athletes with big charities being assholes or outright scumbags.

LMAO. Charged 160 for a pic and a sign?? Tacky
Shit was nuts I mean you got one ufc glove but who charges little kids ? I didn't even meet him for the free free when I went to Hermansson vs Jacare where he had a meet n greet. Not sure there's many fighters I'd pay to meet them. I'd be down for meeting few girl fighters

Colby actually has a reputation of being a very good teammate. Kind and helpful even towards guys in his own division. Listen to how much Miguel Baeza raves about him. Which is all the more reason Colbly likely feels hurt and betrayed by Poirier turning the gym into a warzone and forcing Dan Lambert to get rid of him.

Even if you despise Colby, that's a shitty move on Poirier's part, and it's no surprise he is now in Covington's cross-hairs. Who, incidentally, I would heavily favor to beat Dustin.

None of those indicate whether he is a good person or not. I've heard many tales of famous athletes with big charities being assholes or outright scumbags.

IDK...like I said Colby has PUBLICLY talked shit about people's kids. You do that and you are instantly in my mind as a d bag. Because those are only the public comments. Can't imagine what he says privately.

Aside from Colby basically everyone says Dustin is a great dude. Again, it's impossible to say without knowing him personally but running off a guy who has the capacity to talk shit about someone's kids...I might do the same thing. I know neither of us were there...it's tough to make a fully informed assessment.

I do agree I'd heavily favor Colby to beat Dustin. I don't think Dustin could keep him off him at all.

That moicano fight gets stopped 9/10 times still in disbelief. Goddard is dead to me.

Back