Twins vs windy vs fairtex

GenHannibal

Orange Belt
Reaction score
OK we are talking 16 oz big boy gloves, for sparring and Training! I just purchased some Windy's...I want to hear your thoughts! Which are better and why. TWINS VS WINDY VS FAIRTEX

Everyone love Fairtex but to me it seems like the velcro always is the first thing to go with Fairtex products. All of my team mates who have Fairtex gloves have tape wrapped the wrists to keep them from coming undone, same with me. I also had a pair of Fairtex shinpads that I had to tape the straps after putting them on, very annoying. I finally threw out when one of the buckles ripped off. Twins are great I have a pair of 14oz I use for bag and pads they have held up well, lasted me through my stay in Thailand, used them twice a day for 4 months. The hand compartment is very small in these, the leather is breaking away in the palms time for new pair but these gloves are full of memories. I have a pair Windy 16oz that I use for sparring, they have lasted me for two years no complaints velcro still works, unlike Fairtex which the velcro seems to not stick together after around a year of use. The Fairtex I woud say are the most comfortable, something about the hand compartment just feels nice. The Twins and the Fairtex are the sleeker of the three, the Windy's are bit more robust. My pick is Fairtex for comfort and feel but not in terms of longevity. Getting ready to get a new pair myself and I might go with Fairtex again I'll see how long the velcro holds up this time. Can't go wrong with any of them. Just pick a pair at random, then in 6 months or a year pick up another pair.
Reason I keep them so long is I hate the break in period when the gloves are still stiff, I grease my gloves up before sparring and use glove dogs, I take really good care of my equipment. We're like carpenters and these are our tools we use to make money with.

i have some twins 14 oz that i love and they have been in great condition and smell free for almost 1 yr...

All are good brands but nowadays, I'd rather buy King or Raja than twins or windy...

fairtex more for the sake of saying you have em

Ya you should look into Top King and Boon gloves... They feel 100% better the fairtex, twins, and windys. Craftsmanship and durability is alot better to.

I got a pair of top kings and they feel magical. Also have a pair of twins I use for everything pads/mitts/bags/sparring. They're decent after you break them in but it's hard to get real good wrist support with them. Thus Imma pick up a pair of Boons in a month or so.

You should try raja or king/top king next time am sure one of these will be your #2 :)
I wasn't considering them at first. But i do have King Prof. shin guards (the big boys) and i love them, heard they are the best out there. They also make really good gloves, so i would rank them right behind Fairtex. Gotta give Raja a try.

Personal Opinion,

Twins- I don't care for them, had 14,16oz gloves in the past. The hand compartment is comfy, but I can't make a good tight fist in either pair i have. I also really don't like how damn stiff the wrist cuff is and the glove does feel cumbersome. In fairness, they hold up real well!

Fairtex - Ehhh, good gear, but better brand and "hype" than pure quality. I do like them more than Twins and they are definitely quality. I have had both 10,12oz bag gloves and 14,16oz hook n loop sparing gloves, all decent, but not my favorite. Actually, my favorite pair of Fairtex gloves are the lace up mexican style gloves, 16oz..... they are really nice, got stolen out of my gym bag but till then i was using them a lot.

Windy- Personally, my favorite Thai gloves for a long time, like the fit and they hold up exceptionally well. I prefer the lace up's in 16oz, there a bit sleeker than the hook n loops. But Windy has always been my preference over either Fairtex or Twins.

All this said, Top King's gear is very nice, only had 1 pair of gloves but i have been very impressed. As for Raja, both myself and one of my buddies bought a pair about 4 months ago..... my opinion, they are garbage, based on the gloves we got (16oz)

I ordered a pair of Windys they have been in Route for 34 days...cant Wait GSP's trainers use em I figure they cant be that bad!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back