Todd Duffee

Man I really like Duffee but Big Ben is gonna knock his block off

Damn, Big Ben is a big mfer.

Rooting for sherbro Duffee tho! Speed kills. It’ll be a straight right hand. Bet the house.

He used to post on these forums and people trash-talked him because he beat up some fat guy in a MMA fight.

Oh shit, that was him? Forgot about that. It's a shame he and Travis Fulton never got a chance to take turns giving each other staph.

Yeah his chin is definitely questionable but he was a physical specimen with absurd power, regarding technique I think that partially plays into the inexperience and probably extended layoffs from training.
Given the lack of skill at HW and how some current fighters aren't much more technical than some of the 90s brawlers, I don't think Duffee's skillset was that bad...though it's been a long time since I've seen his early fights, so who knows. He was putting a clinic on Russow until he was caught late in the fight. He had the build and athleticism to be a good sprawl-n-brawler. Like I've said earlier, both his appearance and style reminded me a bit of Pavlovich.

I think losing that Russow fight in a shocking, humiliating way then flying to Japan to fight Ubereem (who had been preparing to fight someone else) on 3 days notice with no preparation ruined him somehow. Some fighters get KO'd a couple of times and are never the same. Look at Dominick Reyes, who also looked like a sprawl-n-brawl machine and definitely had some skill.

Of course a bad chin is never good and would've capped his potential no matter what...espeically at HW. You can totally dominate a Russow or even a Roy Nelson or Derrick Lewis for 2.5 rounds and all it takes is one good shot from them...

Looking like Ron Perlman in Beauty and the Beast

3x1f4s8h.png
R.55b8c00b67b079321070bd2744132c75

Back