Movies The Thing vs Scarface - Favourite 80s Remake?

Favourite 80s Remake

• The Thing

• Scarface

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Thing by far. I'm not a big fan of Pacino chewing the scenery.

For me The Thing. One of my favorite flicks and gets re-watched prolly too oft...

yZHJ7X.gif

The Thing was the better movie. Scarface was more fun to watch.

The thing gets my vote.

Also what’s up with that poster. Michelle was pretty flat chested if I remember correctly, very pretty though.

Scarface. My real favorite 80's remake is Hercules with Lou Ferrigno though.

Scarface was cool to watch once... after growing out of that scene don't plan on watching it again.

I still have never actually seen Scarface. I saw a few scenes on TV one time, a long, looooong time ago. I need to get on it.

The Thing is great though.

The Thing by far. I'm not a big fan of Pacino chewing the scenery.
I think you could argue they end up almost being the reverse of each other, The Thing takes the idea of a gorey pulp monster movie and turns it into a more serious thriller, Scarface takes an epic gangster drama and turns it into something more pulpy.

Last edited:
Scarface wouldn't even get made today....Imagine the left PC outrage....Pacino isn't Latino! He is doing a Cuban Accent! Either way, it was an overrated movie imo. The Thing on the other hand is a GOAT sci fi film. I watched the original recently and it was fun, but really bad in terms of SFX.

I'm going with The thing cuz Pachinios portrayal of a Cuban is somewhat offensive.
Plus he totally wanted to bang his sister.

Reactions: HHJ
Scarface wouldn't even get made today....Imagine the left PC outrage....Pacino isn't Latino! He is doing a Cuban Accent! Either way, it was an overrated movie imo. The Thing on the other hand is a GOAT sci fi film. I watched the original recently and it was fun, but really bad in terms of SFX.
He wasn't doing an accent he was butchering it

Back