The 2021 Heavies Awards: Comeback Fighter of the Year - WINNER: Jose Aldo

Your pick for The 2021 Comeback Fighter of The Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went with Dillasnake to trigger all the haters. Guida? He beat Michael Johnson and as FKL once said, he loses half of his fights and STILL hasn't killed anyone.

Last edited:
Confused by the Aldo choice since I don't think he was ever not on top. Can't make a comeback if you never left.

Confused by the Aldo choice since I don't think he was ever not on top. Can't make a comeback if you never left.

I dunno he was written off fairly hard by folks.

I wrestled with it a bit too...

I dunno he was written off fairly hard by folks.

I wrestled with it a bit too...

He was written off because the only thing MMA "fans" love more than being front runners are shitting on elite fighters when they lose.

He was written off because the only thing MMA "fans" love more than being front runners are shitting on elite fighters when they lose.

Very true lol!

Narrative an all that always first.

Aldo is best fighter on the list but he never left. He did awesome against the best bw on the planet for three rounds just last year. He did surprise me with a win over Font though.
Went with Cruz instead. Didn't expect him to fight twice let alone end the year on a win streak.

Not who I voted for, but it’s legit impressive that TJ came back off two years out, tore his knee early in the fight and managed to survive five rounds and escape with a win against Sandhagen

For once i agree with Ariel. Comeback fighter of the year is def Anderson Silva.

Back