Movies James Gunn's SUPERMAN (Logo Revealed, post #596)

All that effort Dwayne put into getting Caville, you'd think he'd pay more attention to the script and realize its a pile of crap and a post credit cameo isn't going to save it.

Gunn is married to Jennifer Holland who portrayed Emilia Harcourt (The Suicide Squad, Peacemaker, Black Adam).
jennifer-holland-underwear.gif
No more viola??
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Well they basically hinted what was going to happen to Cavill when they originally wrote him off.

Yes, but Brightburn is not officially a DC or Superman movie. I had an idea to partially reboot the DCEU and it would involve the movie.

- First, DC would have to acquire the rights to Brightburn.
- Make a sequel set several years later. The Brightburn kid, Brandon, is grown up and teams up with the other super powered people mentioned at the end of the movie. They take over the world and form an evil Justice League. A smart guy, who is against the evil Justice League, discovers the League is performing an energy extraction process that is damaging the Earth's core and threatening the planet. He, along with a few others, try to stop the process but most are slaughtered by the League. At the movie's climax, smart guy is about to succeed but Brandon stops him. Several months later a major city is destroyed by an explosion. Evil Batman tells Brandon this was a natural disaster and the smart guy's predictions were correct. The Earth has months or weeks before it is destroyed. Movie ends with a close-up of Brandon's face, seething with anger. Roll credits.
- Post-credits scene. Most of the evil Justice League are in a room analyzing the latest disaster reports. Evil Batman summons Brandon to his lab. Evil Batman says the Earth is still doomed, but he has a way to save themselves -- interdimensional travel. He says he has been studying other dimensions and he thinks he's found one suitable for them and he can show him. They both look on a screen and we see Superman (Cavill), Wonder Woman (Gadot), and the rest of the good Justice League in their battle with Steppenwolf. Movie ends with a close-up of Brandon's face, this time with an evil smile.
- First crossover movie the evil Justice League invades and defeats the good guys. Second movie new heroes rise up or different versions of the defeated good guys beat the evil Justice League. Reboot complete.

Pretty much a copy of the Justice League cartoon and the Justice Lords episodes. Also, the smart guy is that dimension's Lex Luthor.

I may be in a minority here, but I actually thought Brightburn was a good movie. Evil Superman is always fun to watch, and at just over 90 minutes, the movie didn't outstay it's welcome.

Suicide Squad director David Ayer says negativity is a testament to the power of the characters and the passion of the fans.

Suicide Squad director David Ayer says negativity is a testament to the power of the characters and the passion of the fans.

That is pretty accurate. I also think we have seen so many mis steps with characters we love and now people have a platform to bring it up. I just do not know why they would take the direction of making Superman younger in a new story line. We have had that so many times including TV shows. Cavill was perfect as Superman, we just needed the script. And what happened to WW....Great first, terrible 2nd, why wouldnt they want to complete that with a win?

I may be in a minority here, but I actually thought Brightburn was a good movie. Evil Superman is always fun to watch, and at just over 90 minutes, the movie didn't outstay it's welcome.

I liked Brightburn as well

It delivered on the premise. Well executed. Focused run time.

I liked Brightburn as well

It delivered on the premise. Well executed. Focused run time.

It showed how terrifying a being that even approached Superman's level of powers would be in a real world setting. The scene where he kills the cops drives it home. Humans are essentially helpless against Brandon.

I was channel surfing a couple of nights ago when I found Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. The fact they had three actors perfect for the roles of some of the most iconic IP's in comic book history, and still managed to fuck things up, never ceases to amaze me.

Getting fired from the DCEU is one of the best things that could have happened to Cavil.

the hirearchy of the DC universe did in fact, not change. The Dewayne has failed us again.
Time for the tribal chief to put him in his place

I was channel surfing a couple of nights ago when I found Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. The fact they had three actors perfect for the roles of some of the most iconic IP's in comic book history, and still managed to fuck things up, never ceases to amaze me.

Getting fired from the DCEU is one of the best things that could have happened to Cavil.

Haha it's a movie of moments for me. There are some set pieces and action sequences that I think are truly well done. There's just a lot of underwhelming stuff in between. Eisenberg's Luthor is a major, major problem. And he's a good actor, that characterization of Luthor was bad.

Batmobile chase scene and Batfleck warehouse scene are legit as hell to me though. I think that warehouse scene is the best combat sequence in any Batman film to date.

Haha it's a movie of moments for me. There are some set pieces and action sequences that I think are truly well done. There's just a lot of underwhelming stuff in between. Eisenberg's Luthor is a major, major problem. And he's a good actor, that characterization of Luthor was bad.

Batmobile chase scene and Batfleck warehouse scene are legit as hell to me though. I think that warehouse scene is the best combat sequence in any Batman film to date.

Could not agree more. Big Ben got so much flack when he was announced as Batman, but he did a terrific job as an older, battle-scarred version of the character. The clear inspiration is Dark Knight Returns. And the warehouse scene had me punching the air; that's the Dark Knight from the comics. Brutal, efficient and immensely strong and powerful. In terms of fight scenes, I rank the various Bat-verses thus,

1)Batman v Superman,

2)The Nolan films, although they got worse throughout the trilogy. Batman and Bane spend much of their fights throwing clumsy haymakers like two drunks brawling on a Saturday night. Unforgivable when they are two of the most highly trained fighters in the DC Universe.

3)Batman 1989

Last edited:
Back