STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

You've gotta invite me up to your new pad one of these days. I'm dying to play some lag free matches.

Edit: oh shit. My bad. I thought you were @SwamiLeoni

So when are you usually online? I'm usually on around 7 pm Pacific
That's too late for me, unfortunately. On the rare occasion that I do manage to get on (only about once or twice a week now), that's about when I go to sleep. I guess the most common time that I play is around 5-7pm your time.

That's too late for me, unfortunately. On the rare occasion that I do manage to get on (only about once or twice a week now), that's about when I go to sleep. I guess the most common time that I play is around 5-7pm your time.

So I'm guessing you're on the east coast. Well, there are moments when I'm on at around 7 pm Eastern on weekdays. Do I still have your CSN?

So I'm guessing you're on the east coast. Well, there are moments when I'm on at around 7 pm Eastern on weekdays. Do I still have your CSN?
I think it's Whey-face on PSN. I always forget the spelling.

I think it's Whey-face on PSN. I always forget the spelling.

I'm on PC, so I can't find you via the PS network. My CFN handle is Thndrhd27 (Thunderhead minus vowels + 27)

Edit: found it. It's on the first page. Danswer is your handle.

You've gotta invite me up to your new pad one of these days. I'm dying to play some lag free matches.

Edit: oh shit. My bad. I thought you were @SwamiLeoni

So when are you usually online? I'm usually on around 7 pm Pacific

Yea man, I’m down. Offline matches are so much better and you can really tell the difference. We’re not fully moved in, but once we are we can totally get some games in.

CFN has always given me the same character matchups pretty often in a session, but it's been particularly weird lately. Wednesday I fought like 4 Mikas and 3 Menats (match is annoying, but I beat two of them). Yesterday it was Karin and Kage. The weirdest part is no Akumas.

Played some on PC. Man, the rollback is bad. But the game itself feels so much better. I dunno which I really prefer. I was actually playing different people though. On my PSN account half the time I get stuck playing golds even when I'm around 3500 (I wonder if a bunch of people have me blacklisted or something). Or maybe it's just taking into account that I beat those guys even when I'm in silver.

This game can be a trip. I was flailng around most of today in the 3200 range, and I just couldn't make headway. Something about how the PC version runs makes it hard to adjust, especially with rollback. Then I ran into a 5k Zeku, and I think I took 4 straight rounds off him. Nothing but gimmicks, and I almost had a perfect final round against him. I just don't understand how that works other than realizing that I do waaaay better when my dps are on point.

so why when i search 4 or 5 for connection do i end up almost constantly playing either mexicans or europeans, when i live a heavily populated region of the united states? Ive been floating between ultra and super gold for hte last 2 months or so and I am always getting freaking laggy brazillians, lagggy maxeicans or unplayable sweedes and got damn disconecting brits who warp all over my screen. in the rare instance i do get an ameican its always way less laggy. am i doing something wrong with my search parameters? like should i let people search for me or something? can i somehow like only seartch for people within 100 miles of me, i mean fuck boston, nyc, philly, baltimore etc are like only 3 hours away, why does the game want me playing peopel from frigging china nd shit who have 2 tin cans and a string hooked up to their computeres or something.

so why when i search 4 or 5 for connection do i end up almost constantly playing either mexicans or europeans, when i live a heavily populated region of the united states? Ive been floating between ultra and super gold for hte last 2 months or so and I am always getting freaking laggy brazillians, lagggy maxeicans or unplayable sweedes and got damn disconecting brits who warp all over my screen. in the rare instance i do get an ameican its always way less laggy. am i doing something wrong with my search parameters? like should i let people search for me or something? can i somehow like only seartch for people within 100 miles of me, i mean fuck boston, nyc, philly, baltimore etc are like only 3 hours away, why does the game want me playing peopel from frigging china nd shit who have 2 tin cans and a string hooked up to their computeres or something.
I've been pretty liberal about adding people to my blacklist today. Obviously the problem there is that you might run out of opponents, but I've only been doing it to people who I'm almost certain were either on wifi or they're connection is just so bad I'd rather not play at all than play them anyway. I already hate the Chun match (although I appreciate the practice when the opponent has an okay connection), no way I'm gonna let myself keep losing to a guy whose normals and jump-ins I can't even see coming. Once I started pruning people the quality of my matches improved a lot today, and nobody seemed to be avoiding giving me the runback so I don't think the lag that I had earlier was on my end (or at least it wasn't awful). Matches also still came pretty frequently.

I really don't feel like it's as big an issue on PSN. It's probably just the smaller player pool. I've had plenty of rough PC-PC matches too.

And Punk takes his second premiere by the skin of his teeth in a crazy last game against Daigo. I think he teched like 4 or 5 throws in one round.

Last edited:
LOL. It's an old video that just popped up on my home page today. I guess it's because I was looking through The Mixup matches.

Hmm, I guess now's the time to disclose to you all that I'm actually playing in my house in Mexico despite having an American flag to my CFN.

The internet connection here sucks ass. I can imagine how worse it is in a 3rd world shit hole like Brazil.

Been playing a lot of mk, so I decided to get a Hitbox. I really like the build quality and the buttons are significantly smaller than a stick (which is cool), but my brain feels broken trying to adjust. Tried some Sagat combos and had a difficult time. Dp and fireball aren't hard by themselves, but they feel weird to do in a combo. It's going to be awhile before I can reliably combo into super.

Haven't been here in a while, but here's another great Core-A Gaming's video. Almost everything is spot on.

I finally finished Cammy's trials on hitbox. It wasn't really that bad and was actually faster than the first time I finally got through them on stick. Hitting the dive kick was just pain in the ass on the last combo because my ring finger is so slow. Still, on the rare occasion that my fingers do what I want them to everything feels super fast.

I finally finished Cammy's trials on hitbox. It wasn't really that bad and was actually faster than the first time I finally got through them on stick. Hitting the dive kick was just pain in the ass on the last combo because my ring finger is so slow. Still, on the rare occasion that my fingers do what I want them to everything feels super fast.

My buddy who’s a super diamond plays Mika and Kolin with a hitbox. He’s whiff punishes using it are fantastic. I’m heading to Evo with him and he’s supposed to be training me. We’ll see how much better I can get before then. My highest rank is still only Super Plat but I really only play maybe once or twice a week right now because of work.

With the release of MK 11 (and SS) I doubt that new content will bring in many more players. I do hope we get some new mechanics (or a new mode like Omega) but my guess is new character release dates. If they fix the netcode, that would be great. Curious to see what we get. My prediction is new characters and possibly new CA’s and then Capcom will call it a day. I have a good feeling they’re developing a new fighting game with their stronger focus on E-Sports. But who knows.

Back