Economy Stock market chat v4: Planet Fitness downgraded by rogues.

Tesla and Harley puts I have for the end of Q3 are looking great.

Also GE lmao. News coming out on them today is going to make this a penny stock.

Sold GE 2 weeks ago or so. I get it right every once in a while.

yeah its so bad its only up like 13% for the year

only cause of a mini massive drop in stock values late in the year that started rebounding back. The gains are deceptively empty considering it's only up 1.66% if you are going by 1 year ago to this date... It's been generally at the same place it was since Jan 2018 or so... so yeah... we've plateaued for a year and 8 months...

The market, under Donald Trump, just took its biggest crash in years.

No one gives a shit. I can't stand the dude but can we stop with the "X president is great/terrible, just look at the stock market under them!" It's such a simplistic view.

only cause of a mini massive drop in stock values late in the year that started rebounding back. The gains are deceptively empty considering it's only up 1.66% if you are going by 1 year ago to this date... It's been generally at the same place it was since Jan 2018 or so... so yeah... we've plateaued for a year and 8 months...
Bro the argentine stock market gained over 10% in a single day last week! Things are great there!
(also crashed 40% the day before....)

No one gives a shit. I can't stand the dude but can we stop with the "X president is great/terrible, just look at the stock market under them!" It's such a simplistic view.
Broadly yes, but there are definitely polices encouraging certain stocks/industries and threatening others.
Guy is decidely anti-tech and has greatly affected the oil markets thru his pro-pumping policies.

Is this the ultimate sausage thread? Sherdog has no women to begin with and stocks is mostly a male topic. In Discord stock chat, a woman just showed up. I was shocked. lol.

Broadly yes, but there are definitely polices encouraging certain stocks/industries and threatening others.
Guy is decidely anti-tech and has greatly affected the oil markets thru his pro-pumping policies.
<Huh2>

edit: shout-out to whichever hedge fund bought my 1000 shares of tlrd (bought yesterday for 4.36) for 5.09, 3 minutes ago.

<Huh2>

edit: shout-out to whichever hedge fund bought my 1000 shares of tlrd (bought yesterday for 4.36) for 5.09, 3 minutes ago.
?
Trump has definitely gone after tech cos.

Had a fantastic day on the markets. Wish I'd loaded some losers a bit more. had RYAM and DF pop each over 13% for me, while my shorts were basically flat.

chart.ashx

Holy volatility. GE has a 20% swing in two days.
Well mostly because of a hedge-fund backed doom and gloom fraud report, then countered by the CEO buy 2 mill in shares after it crashed and analysts calling it a scare move.

Well mostly because of a hedge-fund backed doom and gloom fraud report, then countered by the CEO buy 2 mill in shares after it crashed and analysts calling it a scare move.

I worked for GE at one time and I’m not surprised by fraud allegations. I feel bad for coworkers who’ll never receive the pensions they were promised.

OptiNose Inc’s OPTN 5.48% XHANCE nasal spray continued to exhibit encouraging trends in the second quarter, suggesting that the company's launch is progressing on track, according to RBC Capital Markets.

The Analyst
RBC Capital Markets’ Randall Stanicky maintained an Outperform rating on OptiNose with a price target of $20.

The Thesis
OptiNose’s second-quarter results reflected strong underlying trends, while tailwinds could continue to support growth in the back half of the year and beyond, Stanicky said in the note.

https://pro.benzinga.com/?afmc=43
Management indicated strong acceleration of refill trends and provided XHANCE revenue guidance for the first time for 2019, while reiterating their average net revenue per prescription expectation of $185-$205.

The analyst expects this matric to continue to improve through the second half of the year, as refills continue to ramp.

I may bite a little on WWE again.

These stocks fell after earnings, but Wall Street analysts see a buying opportunity

World Wrestling Entertainment reported strong bottom-line results in late July. Shares of the company took a bit of a beating as of late but have quickly rallied back.

The company has also been the subject of several buy initiations and upgradesrecently, including one from Rosenblatt analysts on Thursday.

“Our thesis on the media industry is content is king and view WWE as one of the best public market ways to benefit from this theme,” they wrote. “We see the recent pullback in shares driven by concerns over ratings and quarterly estimate revisions as a buying opportunity. Catalysts for shares over the next six months include an update on international TV rights renewals and capital allocation, both of which are contributors to our >20% FCF/share growth forecast in ’21 and beyond."

Deutsche Bank: MercadoLibre, buy rating

Raymond James: Bloom Energy, outperform rating
Stock Gets Hit in a Classic Overreaction: No, Natural Gas Is Not Disappearing in CA and NY. Bloom shares fell ~40% [yesterday], in the context of what has always been a volatile, polarizing, and sentiment-driven stock (recall, we upgraded it in February near the $9 level, as compared to the 52-week north of $30). While it is never easy to fight the tape and try “catching a falling knife”, we want to underscore that nothing in what management said yesterday was truly game-changing. Our thesis remains fundamentally intact, and days like today offer an opportunity to pick up shares with a medium-term perspective in mind, hence our Outperform rating.

@brackis1 havent you traded bloom? What do you think?

These stocks fell after earnings, but Wall Street analysts see a buying opportunity

World Wrestling Entertainment reported strong bottom-line results in late July. Shares of the company took a bit of a beating as of late but have quickly rallied back.

The company has also been the subject of several buy initiations and upgradesrecently, including one from Rosenblatt analysts on Thursday.

“Our thesis on the media industry is content is king and view WWE as one of the best public market ways to benefit from this theme,” they wrote. “We see the recent pullback in shares driven by concerns over ratings and quarterly estimate revisions as a buying opportunity. Catalysts for shares over the next six months include an update on international TV rights renewals and capital allocation, both of which are contributors to our >20% FCF/share growth forecast in ’21 and beyond."

Deutsche Bank: MercadoLibre, buy rating

Raymond James: Bloom Energy, outperform rating
Stock Gets Hit in a Classic Overreaction: No, Natural Gas Is Not Disappearing in CA and NY. Bloom shares fell ~40% [yesterday], in the context of what has always been a volatile, polarizing, and sentiment-driven stock (recall, we upgraded it in February near the $9 level, as compared to the 52-week north of $30). While it is never easy to fight the tape and try “catching a falling knife”, we want to underscore that nothing in what management said yesterday was truly game-changing. Our thesis remains fundamentally intact, and days like today offer an opportunity to pick up shares with a medium-term perspective in mind, hence our Outperform rating.

@brackis1 havent you traded bloom? What do you think?
I got the fuck out of BLoom at 15 and shorted it a little. Really regret not staying in once my sentiment changed. It's a boom bust stock. If their tech sticks it becomes worth $30+ a share, but could easily zero too with huge debt and reliance on subsidies. I may buy in.

lol talked a big game then forgot to open the day with a buy on Bloom and it went up 10%. Now seems less appealing for a scalp.

lolz

and i'm surprisingly inactive/bored today. bought into last week's turmoil and into some things on friday that didn't bounce upwards yet, so i've been sitting and waiting to time the sells. i feel like i'm wasting the day, despite doing quite well, by the numbers.

Yale University Has Built a Large Stake in Slack Stock

Yale University made some big changes in its stock investments in the second quarter, in some cases doing the opposite of what it did in the first quarter.

One big change is that the Ivy League institution acquired a large stake in Slack Technologies stock (ticker: WORK) in the quarter. It also cut back on DocuSign (DOCU) and Smartsheet (SMAR), two stocks Yale had been buying in the first quarter. The university also nearly doubled its holdings in JBG Smith Properties stock (JBGS) after selling shares of the real-estate investment...

Back