Movies SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME ($1.9 billion worldwide gross; Returns to Theaters on Sept. 2)

If you have seen SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Update: December 9, 2020

Rumor: Charlie Cox Reportedly Returning as Matt Murdock/Daredevil in SPIDER-MAN 3

SH6Y1aP.png

Daredevil is about to be reborn in the MCU. That’s the latest bombshell we’ve heard from several of our trusted sources. Now that Netflix shows are toast, Kevin Feige finally has his chance to envision the characters to fit his ever-growing sandbox of a multi-platformed universe.

Murphy’s Multiverse reports that Charlie Cox, star of the beloved Netflix show, is set to make his grand debut in the MCU in the third Spider-Man film in a deal that has been set in stone for several months now.

Cox spoke with Comicbook.com last April and due to the rampant fan theories of Matt Murdock helping Peter Parker get out of his conundrum, was asked if he had any involvement with Spider-Man 3, an idea he denied at the time. What happens beyond that appearance wasn’t elaborated but any logical person would think that a series is slated at some point in the MCU’s future. Unfortunately, Cox seems like the only figure salvaged from the Netflix wreckage at the moment so any hope of seeing the rest of the cast is up in the air. But yeah, Daredevil got saved.

This was inevitable: Daredevil was always going to end up in Feige’s box of toys. The big question that surrounded the character’s official MCU debut was when and on what platform. With reports of a Hulu and Disney+ merger circulating the web, a fresh Daredevil show with the Marvel Studios brand attached to is certainly a good way to debut that service. Marvel Studios is keen on thoroughly exploring the street side of the MCU and a chunk of their slate reflects that. You’ve got Blade, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and even Ms. Marvel; shows that skew towards smaller “everyman” type of stories that reflect the day-to-day of the MCU citizens and not its gods, spies, and billionaires.

Matt Murdock’s alter ego recently trended on social media as the 2-year no-use clause on the character put up by Netflix came to an end. With an investor’s meeting come up in a few days, it’s possible that this show could be one of those revealed. Several weeks back, Marvel Studios created a bunch of new production companies for their upcoming properties. LLCs named Grass-Fed, Standoffish, Frequent, Log Jam, and Blueberry Waffles were the names Murphy’s Multiverse uncovered. While we still do not know which specific properties these LLCs are for, we do know these are greenlit projects that they’re beginning to work on. Daredevil could very well be one of these.

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/charlie-cox-daredevil-spiderman-3-marvel-studios/
BlandGloomyAntelopegroundsquirrel.webp

bring back all of the Netflix marvel actors except for Iron fist, they can recast that phiggot

Last edited:
being back all of the Netflix marvel actors except for Iron fist, they can recast that phiggot
Bernthal and Disney already expressed a mutual interest to have Bernthal be Frank again.

I really hope they let whoever is responsible for the Punisher series (doubt Disney does a Punisher movie as his character I don't think would let them do a proper R rated movie given he doesn't have the humor that Deadpool has to offset all the gore) let's them do a modernized version of the Slavers Arc and they somehow bring Billy back with the same actor. Use the gauntlet as a reason for him being alive even though Frank put two in his chest at the end of Season 2 of the Netflix show.

Update: December 9, 2020

Rumor: Charlie Cox Reportedly Returning as Matt Murdock/Daredevil in SPIDER-MAN 3

SH6Y1aP.png

Daredevil is about to be reborn in the MCU. That’s the latest bombshell we’ve heard from several of our trusted sources. Now that Netflix shows are toast, Kevin Feige finally has his chance to envision the characters to fit his ever-growing sandbox of a multi-platformed universe.

Murphy’s Multiverse reports that Charlie Cox, star of the beloved Netflix show, is set to make his grand debut in the MCU in the third Spider-Man film in a deal that has been set in stone for several months now.

Cox spoke with Comicbook.com last April and due to the rampant fan theories of Matt Murdock helping Peter Parker get out of his conundrum, was asked if he had any involvement with Spider-Man 3, an idea he denied at the time. What happens beyond that appearance wasn’t elaborated but any logical person would think that a series is slated at some point in the MCU’s future. Unfortunately, Cox seems like the only figure salvaged from the Netflix wreckage at the moment so any hope of seeing the rest of the cast is up in the air. But yeah, Daredevil got saved.

This was inevitable: Daredevil was always going to end up in Feige’s box of toys. The big question that surrounded the character’s official MCU debut was when and on what platform. With reports of a Hulu and Disney+ merger circulating the web, a fresh Daredevil show with the Marvel Studios brand attached to is certainly a good way to debut that service. Marvel Studios is keen on thoroughly exploring the street side of the MCU and a chunk of their slate reflects that. You’ve got Blade, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and even Ms. Marvel; shows that skew towards smaller “everyman” type of stories that reflect the day-to-day of the MCU citizens and not its gods, spies, and billionaires.

Matt Murdock’s alter ego recently trended on social media as the 2-year no-use clause on the character put up by Netflix came to an end. With an investor’s meeting come up in a few days, it’s possible that this show could be one of those revealed. Several weeks back, Marvel Studios created a bunch of new production companies for their upcoming properties. LLCs named Grass-Fed, Standoffish, Frequent, Log Jam, and Blueberry Waffles were the names Murphy’s Multiverse uncovered. While we still do not know which specific properties these LLCs are for, we do know these are greenlit projects that they’re beginning to work on. Daredevil could very well be one of these.

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/charlie-cox-daredevil-spiderman-3-marvel-studios/
Please be true.
Bring back Kingpin too!
...and this.

Given the pure amount of characters they had in End Game and Infinity War and yet all felt like they were used properly I trust Feige and Marvel to do this right.

My only curiosity is how are they going to try to get Venom attached to the MCU or if he's too dark of a character... it'd suck if they can't have Hardy and Holland opposite each other at least once given how many times Venom and SpiderMan have come to blows.

Yeah true. Have a ton of faith in Feige and co. I’m itching for some MCU content- longest break between releases since Incredible Hulk to Iron Man 2 I believe.

Just throw Hardy in this movie in my opinion. Why the hell not. All three Spideys vs. venom sounds dope and then can have team up to save the universe or what not.

I suspect a lot of the characters appearing in this movie will have extended cameos. The main focus will be on Holland, and to a lesser extent Garfield and Maguire.

seems like a great opportunity to give Tobey’s and Garfield’s versions some good closure. Maguire was great but his third movie was substandard at best. I liked AS2 (I know most dont) but it left things open probably cause they were assuming Garfield would get another sequel.

seems like a great opportunity to give Tobey’s and Garfield’s versions some good closure. Maguire was great but his third movie was substandard at best. I liked AS2 (I know most dont) but it left things open probably cause they were assuming Garfield would get another sequel.
AS2 was also left open as it was intended to start the Sinister Six spinoff. Venom was meant to be a continuation of that with Harrelson being Carnage.

I do kind of hope if they keep Venom around and have Carnage they let Harrelson be Carnage.

This movie would be absolutely huge box office-wise if not for the probable lingering impact covid will have on the theaters. The Holland-Garfield-Toby selling point alone would be easy money.

I've always assumed we wouldn't see Venmon\Spiderman together until Sony has had a chance to do their own movie with that combination. I could be wrong though. Would be big miss for Sony to let the MCU handle the venmon vs spiderman storyline instead of Sony. Better for the fans sure but dumb business move by Sony.

Sony marketed Venom like it was some kinda horror film. Turns out it was a cheese-fest.

Sony marketed Venom like it was some kinda horror film. Turns out it was a cheese-fest.

And it still made north of $800 Million. So, unfortunately, I don't see them going R Rated for Carnage.

Back