Television Spartacus Sequel SPARTACUS: HOUSE OF ASHUR (Nick Tarabay Returning)

To be fair a lot of people, myself included, think Gods of the Arena was the best season of Spartacus and that didn't involve Spartacus. I'll watch this season obviously but i always thought Ashur was one of the worst characters, if not the worst character in the show, and not in a Cersei Lannister or Ramsey Bolton sort of way where you wanted them to die but they played the part perfectly. Ashur is just someone i don't need on my screen, but i guess we'll see.

I was personally hoping they'd make a prequel season at some point that would focus on when Batiatus' father was in charge, the gladiators he had, and the rivalries of his time. There was an episode in either season one or GoTA where Batiatus is reading out legendary names of former gladiators, and i always thought this would lead to something down the line.

That's a cool idea for a spin off. I wouldn't have minded a spinoff focusing on other Gladiator houses, could have even picked one in Rome or a different city. Honestly wouldn't have minded a prequel showing the rise of Good Solonius, though his Gladiators were always inferior to the House of Batiatus.

maxresdefault.jpg

Be great if they returned Gannicus and Omenamus .......... Spartacus and Crixus I csn do with out

To be fair a lot of people, myself included, think Gods of the Arena was the best season of Spartacus and that didn't involve Spartacus.

Addressed that in my 2nd post.

Be great if they returned Gannicus and Omenamus .......... Spartacus and Crixus I csn do with out

If there was one character that needed a re-do to avoid their death for a spin-off series, its Gannicus.

The worst aspect of the series finale, which I'm 50/50 on it being equally satisfying and disappointing, was Gannicus's crucifixion.

They tried to go some type of dream sequence with him being in the gladiator arena and hearing the cheer of the crowd... while crucified.

Me, after that scene -

<LikeReally5>
<Huh2>
<{clintugh}>
<Varys01>

This is a terrible idea he was not liked he was like the tekashi 69 of that show. There is probably a lot more gladiators in the ludus who were more liked characters and deserved a spin off. This will be like a crappy version of game of thrones

I guess it could work because Ashur was an incredibly unlikeable character, and as owner of the gladiator school I suppose he will be written as the "bad guy" in the story. In my mind that only works if they cast someone else to be the protagonist in the story. I very much dislike him. Sometimes there are bad guys that are very clearly evil but as a viewer you enjoy watching them do their thing, e.g. Homelander. Ashur isn't that kind of bad guy. He's the kind that leaves a bad taste in your mouth and you'd rather forget they exist.

I liked the character, but I can’t get into what ifs.

So it's gonna be a what if?

Always thought that Caesar spinoff of his early days in Gaul would be cool. Could still happen I guess!

Back