Law Trucker who killed 16 and injured 13 others sentencing this week

He'll serve less than 2 years. This sack of shit who was driving around drunk I'm Vaughn and wiped out a family (3 kids + a grandparent) got a 10 year sentence, which works out to I think 4 years in prison. Actually he might already be out. That scumbag should have gotten a life sentence. This guy here wasn't drunk or anything so I don't see him getting any significant prison time.

He'll serve less than 2 years. This sack of shit who was driving around drunk I'm Vaughn and wiped out a family (3 kids + a grandparent) got a 10 year sentence, which works out to I think 4 years in prison. Actually he might already be out. That scumbag should have gotten a life sentence. This guy here wasn't drunk or anything so I don't see him getting any significant prison time.
Charges are 16 counts of criminal negligence causing death, 13 counts of criminal negligence causing injury. In the states thats life, in Canada, not so much

Charges are 16 counts of criminal negligence causing death, 13 counts of criminal negligence causing injury. In the states thats life, in Canada, not so much

Exactly. Remember that all 16 sentences will be served concurrently, which is the most bizarre and quite frankly insulting thing that the system does. Why play make-believe that someone is somehow serving more than one sentence? Is there another plane of reality where he's serving the other ones?

You seem very articulate and seem to argue your point well and not disrespectful. For that I commend you, not common on sherdog.
I want to to know your thoughts on this. This guy blew a stop sign. We all know what stop signs are and what they mean. He blew a stop sign, we are blaming the truck industry for someone that cant follow what a learners driver at age 15 knows what to do.
He blew a stop sign and killed 16 and severely injured 13 others. He has to pay the penalty for that. How does he not? We all know to stop at stop signs.
You'd be surprised....

the driver will likely get a slap on the wrist. He may get a number of years, but he will never serve more than two years.

Not a chance they sentence him to 4 years. I can see 18 months tops and probably do half.

. If he gets more than 3 years tops I will be utterly shocked.
Sentencing this week. They added some additional information
https://www.google.com/amp/s/global...ncos-bus-crash-had-70-regulation-violations//
70 regulation violations

Last edited:
65 victim impact statements to be read...

Imagine the despair you'd feel sitting through all those. Geez.

So while as far as I know I am the only Canadian lawyer on Sherdog, I do not practice criminal law. So I checked with one of my friends from my law school days who exclusively practices criminal law to get her opinion. Surprisingly she thinks the guy could get 6-8 years which is about double what I was expecting.

Guess we’ll see.

So while as far as I know I am the only Canadian lawyer on Sherdog, I do not practice criminal law. So I checked with one of my friends from my law school days who exclusively practices criminal law to get her opinion. Surprisingly she thinks the guy could get 6-8 years which is about double what I was expecting.

Guess we’ll see.
See the number keeps moving up. You said 3 yourself a couple weeks ago. Today you said 5 and after checking with your friend your up to 6-8. I'm guessing 10+.

They should give him a gun ao he can do the right thing. Zero disregard for law and life. This is a case where the book must be thrown at him.

See the number keeps moving up. You said 3 yourself a couple weeks ago. Today you said 5 and after checking with your friend your up to 6-8. I'm guessing 10+.
10 plus isn’t even a possibility in Canada for this. I would imagine since he plead guilty there was already a cap put on how long he would be put in jail if at all. Sad thing is there are many more of these drivers like him in the system and companies like the one he worked for out there. 9/10 when I see a tractor trailer rig on the road it’s one of these bozos behind the wheel.

10 plus isn’t even a possibility in Canada for this. I would imagine since he plead guilty there was already a cap put on how long he would be put in jail if at all. Sad thing is there are many more of these drivers like him in the system and companies like the one he worked for out there. 9/10 when I see a tractor trailer rig on the road it’s one of these bozos behind the wheel.
I agree with the last half of your statement 100% but you saying he'll be out in 9 months blows my mind. Like you actually believe he'll only do 9 months??!

Last edited:
They should give him a gun ao he can do the right thing.
I thought there was an off chance this may have already occurred. Although I know he didn't intentionally do this I couldnt imagine being responsible for something like this....I just couldnt

65 victim impact statements to be read...

Imagine the despair you'd feel sitting through all those. Geez.
I would rather shoot myself in the head I think then listen thru all of those if I was the driver

10+? Not a chance. The absolute maximum under the Criminal Code for these charges is 14 years. Mitigating factors are that he pled guilty and wasn’t driving impaired.

Also, I’m not guessing 6-8, it’s my friend saying it. I’m still going to say 3 to 4.

I agree with the last half of your statement 100% but you saying he'll be out in 9 months blows my mind. Like you actually believe he'll only do 9 months??!
Yes I think he will probably get sentenced to 18 to keep him out of a federal and serve around 9 months. Even if they gave 3-4 he would never serve anything close to it.

Yes I think he will probably get sentenced to 18 to keep him out of a federal and serve around 9 months. Even if they gave 3-4 he would never serve anything close to it.
Crown seeking 10

Keep in mind the judge can sentence him to more then that. The maximum penalty for dangerous driving causing death is 14 years.
Theres no way hes only being sentence to a year or two. Wont happen. They should give him the 10.

Back