Short 2 min kickboxing sparring fight in a cage

That's the kind of sparring I like. I would spar all the time if everybody would be able to spar like this. Good job.

I wouldnt do any sparring even light at this point. I thought your injury mightbe a distal LBS tear when you described it and its a finicky injury to heal even after surgery. In general the stronger the tendon that ruptures the more careful we have to approach loading it up especially with accelerating impact. Athletes are the worst patients regarding that as they feel how the rest of their body is ready to go and want to go.

Its your arm , think about a careful approach with no sparring for at least 3 months.

I wouldnt do any sparring even light at this point. I thought your injury mightbe a distal LBS tear when you described it and its a finicky injury to heal even after surgery. In general the stronger the tendon that ruptures the more careful we have to approach loading it up especially with accelerating impact. Athletes are the worst patients regarding that as they feel how the rest of their body is ready to go and want to go.

Its your arm , think about a careful approach with no sparring for at least 3 months.
Screw that. He can spar at that intensity all day everyday and not have to worry. Movement is one of the best things for any tendon injury. Only issue would be blocking full power kicks, hard rounds or clinching.

That's my favourite way to spar.

I gonna take my chances. I was back in sparring way back in april. I need to train.

I gonna take my chances. I was back in sparring way back in april. I need to train.

Get yourself a physio who doesn't tell you what you can't do and puts a plan in place to do what you want to.
It's life changing as an athlete or even recreational athlete.

Thank man. But i did my own rehab. I live in a small village in northern Norway.

We dont really have the luxury to choose between different doctors or physios.

Might as well just call it sparring. Looks good, especially the kicks. Just your arm placement and punches and uper body movement look static or robotic. 4/5

The kicks are fast. Good high kick

Screw that. He can spar at that intensity all day everyday and not have to worry. Movement is one of the best things for any tendon injury. Only issue would be blocking full power kicks, hard rounds or clinching.

That's my favourite way to spar.
<lmao> What a load of shit. Its my everyday profession . I do work with high level surgeons who can pinpoint the adequate stress load possible as can I. But athletes are the most difficult clients as they feel fit much sooner as everything else works fine and heals fast, so they will often ignore post surgery treatment plans leading to permanent scar tissue in the ligament and by that the transossear anchor. Quite often leading to reinjury down the line. For an athlete if you cant feel it its fine. Thats why you need medical professionals.

ignorance is bliss

<lmao> What a load of shit. Its my everyday profession . I do work with high level surgeons who can pinpoint the adequate stress load possible as can I. But athletes are the most difficult clients as they feel fit much sooner as everything else works fine and heals fast, so they will often ignore post surgery treatment plans leading to permanent scar tissue in the ligament and by that the transossear anchor. Quite often leading to reinjury down the line. For an athlete if you cant feel it its fine. Thats why you need medical professionals.

ignorance is bliss

The issue is that athletes have a completely different requirement to the average everyday person in terms of recovery.
If you are professional and it's your form of income you can't take 3+ months off completely. You are also starting from a different point than the averag person who blows their knee out stepping out of the car.

Everyone should follow what their doc, physio etc says in terms of recovery, that's why they pay them. They should just find one that also trains and doesn't go with the generic don't do anything approach.
That sparring is at about 20% for TS if that. He has about as much chance of reinjury via carrying the groceries inside as via sparring in that round.

Might as well just call it sparring. Looks good, especially the kicks. Just your arm placement and punches and uper body movement look static or robotic. 4/5

The kicks are fast. Good high kick
Haha you would almost think he was protecting an upper body injury by not extending his arms too much or something...

The issue is that athletes have a completely different requirement to the average everyday person in terms of recovery.
If you are professional and it's your form of income you can't take 3+ months off completely. You are also starting from a different point than the averag person who blows their knee out stepping out of the car.

Everyone should follow what their doc, physio etc says in terms of recovery, that's why they pay them. They should just find one that also trains and doesn't go with the generic don't do anything approach.
That sparring is at about 20% for TS if that. He has about as much chance of reinjury via carrying the groceries inside as via sparring in that round.
Nah bro. Anything can happen in sparring. It's dynamic. It's not like a walk in the park. I never had surgery or shoulder injuries. But when I strained or tore my left gluteus it took so long to recover cause I didn't fully let it heal first. Hard to say. But a medical professional and Frode himself will best know. Frode cause he can feel it. Also athletes are addicted to fitness. Sometimes emotions will take over rationality. Just the will to train

Last edited:
Nah bro. Anything can happen in sparring. It's dynamic. It's not like a walk in the park. I never had surgery or shoulder injuries. But when I strained or tore my left gluteus it took so long to recover cause I didn't fully let it heal first. Hard to say. But a medical professional and Frode himself will best know. Frode cause he can feel it. Also athletes are addicted to fitness. Sometimes emotions will take over rationality. Just the will to train
100% that's why it was such a great round to see. That is safe sparring. It's so safe that TS can do it whilst recovering from a major injury. That's why he put the vid up.

You use your glute for every single movement whilst standing. They are continually contracted or you will just collapse.
You can't let it fully heal first before using it, you need to use it but be smart with what you do. Walking and moving yes, shooting a double leg takedown or throwing a high kick would be a no until you can build to that.

It's @Frode Falch choice in the end. All I was saying is to get a physio or doc that actually has some form of athletic training. He rehabbed himself, so he gave himself the all clear haha.
Any monkey can say don't do kickboxing until fully recovered, but a good medical professional will work with you. It's pretty rare 100% time off is ever required. They aren't doing that in the highest levels of sport these days. Gone are the days of bed rest post surgery in many cases. They want you up and rehabbing ASAP.

Look. Doctors and professionals will give you a plan of recovery. And that plan is made to fit everyone from Frode dr lowkick Falch, to Mr fatass poteto chip Netflix guy.

If i where to follow that plan, i would have been away from my normal job from February until May. Sitting at home with full payment. And away from any hard training until last week.

I was back at work after three days. And back in normal martial arts training in april.

Did i take a risk? Yes.. did it pay off? Yes..

But thats for your concern all of you. Thats sweet of you.

Look. Doctors and professionals will give you a plan of recovery. And that plan is made to fit everyone from Frode dr lowkick Falch, to Mr fatass poteto chip Netflix guy.

If i where to follow that plan, i would have been away from my normal job from February until May. Sitting at home with full payment. And away from any hard training until last week.

I was back at work after three days. And back in normal martial arts training in april.

Did i take a risk? Yes.. did it pay off? Yes..

But thats for your concern all of you. Thats sweet of you.
Great result. That sparring was a pleasure to watch. Nice, controlled and everyone in that room gets better.

Back