Stockton-slap-response.gif

Anderson Silva vs Michael Bisping - UFC Fight Night 84
image.jpg

bisping-retreating-lead-hook-comp.gif

"Maestro" Dong Hyun Kim vs Polo Reyes - UFC 199
polo-reyes-maestro-dong-hyun-kim-ufc-199-3.jpg

I prefer Diaz Mcgregor 1.
But then again I'm bias.

Kim vs Reyes was crazy entertaining, fight/entertainment wise it was the best one but McGregor vs Diaz was one of those "edge of your seats" kind of fights with all the buildup and importance for Conors image etc.

Last edited:
Lesnar vs Hunt bork1}

Kidding, Reyes vs Kim. That fight was absolutely fucking bonkers

I loved TJ vs Dom & it was great, but yeah... Maestro DHK vs Marco Polo was just so ridiculously insane & easily FOTY for me.
Well, I was rooting hard for Dom so I can't enjoy it as much being stressed out and all but the similar styles meeting was exciting, who's the best when it comes down to it and that.

I went with Mac/Diaz 2

I waz full on, into it & loved every moment of it.

Condit vs Lawler for me.Fought at championship level so it gets a boost.Both guys left it all in their.

Prefer McGregor vs Diaz 1 over the second fight.It didn't have a boring moment and had a finish,unlike the second fight,and add the upset element to it.Liked Cruz vs Dillashaw too,that was a competitive fight until the very end.

Another overlooked one was Magny vs Lombard.
Magny lost the first round a 10-8.Then came back to win a 10-8 of his own and finished it the next round.

only problem is that they are not champions / superstars so the shertards never saw it
That fight set the tone for the whole night. 199 was the GOAT.

But yes, since it was the very first fight surely most didn't see it thus making it a true hidden gem.

Chose McGregor vs Diaz because the fight lived up to expectations as the most anticipated match since Cro Crop v Fedor, but Kim vs Reyes was the most aesthetically pleasing. That whole card was fucking amazing.

Had to go with Kim vs Reyes that was no doubt my favourite fight of the year.

Honourable mention goes to Ferguson vs Vannata, that was non stop action

Robbie vs. Condit.

It was a bullshit decision, but fight was amazing :)

Kim vs Reyes

To quote @Wadtucket "Wad fully blown all over the place!"

That fight was absolutely insane. Just complete back and forth, practically no stop in the action, both men rocking each other multiple times and giving it 100% everything they possibly could. It really was like a fight out of a movie, just insane punishment and pace thrown in that war.

Kim/Reyes better not get screwed, that fight was a fucking war and absolutely insane. If you haven't watched that fight then you need to do before voting.

That fight set the tone for the whole night. 199 was the GOAT.

But yes, since it was the very first fight surely most didn't see it thus making it a true hidden gem.
199 was my favorite card of the year, and one of my favorite cards ever, but I'm pretty sure I missed this fight because I got home from work a fight or 2 into the card. Definitely gonna hafta check it out after seeing this thread.

I understand why Kim vs Reyes is leading the poll but i voted for Lawler vs Condit.
More important and more technical fight.

Kim vs Reyes. Picking simply on the entertainment level. If we taking emotional investment i would pick Lawler vs Condit.

This one is tougher because I really liked Diaz-McGregor II and also (unmentioned here) Jedrzejczyk-Gadelha II (the best fight on the International Fight Week). But Polo Reyes vs Maestro DHK... up there with Melendez-Sanchez as one of the craziest brawls in the history of MMA.

Back