Rizin 15 April 21st Yokohama

Good to see Tenshin on this fight card and the continued work with Floyd Mayweather.

love Tenshin vs Tank..finally Sakakibara has found the new Sakuraba..someone to sacrifice over and over again until the JMMA goods are satisfied

Takeda is undefeated and is DEEP LW champ. Looking forward to seeing how he does at RIZIN.15. Maybe he is an early participant in the rumored 2019 LW GP if he wins this fight.

I really hope we can see Lomachenko vs Tenshin at some point down the road, that fight really excites me.

Wait so does RIZIN have their stars fight on like every single card?

I don't think i have seen one without Tenshin and Horiguchi yet

They don't have a big roster. Its the same with PRIDE when guys like Fedor, Shogun, CC, Wand, and etc. fighting 5 times a year

They do things the old way, smaller roster, less cards, cards that are better stacked.

^ What does Tenshin mean when he says (in the last minute or so) if 'it' were to happen it should be at the Tokyo Dome? He's only 20 & has a bright future.

They are trying to kill Tenshin, he will be put out cold this time.

Waiiiiiiit......is this a joke? Tenshin is boxing Gervonta? He will literally die. Guy is a shrimp who makes Floyd look like Ngannou. He has 0 power and is helpless in there. I have no idea why they are doing this. Offer Gervonta another million and do kicks. What a bust that last fight was, in every way really. Only Floyd fight that couldn't sell 100K PPV's in ages. Can not understand how this is making them money.

Last edited:
I don't understand nor do I like what they're doing with Tenshin...are they trying to ruin his career? He just got destroyed by 40 year old Floyd so now they match him with Floyd's protege who is in his prime? They matched him up with guys of similar experience when he had MMA fights, why are they matching him with extremely high level boxers for his first "fights"? They may be exhibitions but that Floyd fight certainly wasn't a sparring session.

I don't understand nor do I like what they're doing with Tenshin...are they trying to ruin his career? He just got destroyed by 40 year old Floyd so now they match him with Floyd's protege who is in his prime? They matched him up with guys of similar experience when he had MMA fights, why are they matching him with extremely high level boxers for his first "fights"? They may be exhibitions but that Floyd fight certainly wasn't a sparring session.
The Japanese are pretty much the anti Mayweathers: screw defense, screw record, take brain damage and horrific L's for the honor and glory of Japan. "Oh, non power puncher Old Floyd sent young Tenshin flying across the ring with the Jab? OK, let's get you in there with a bonafide prime aged power puncher". I mean just imagine what Saku could have done with sound career management?

Last edited:
The Japanese are pretty much the anti Mayweathers: screw defense, screw record, take brain damage and horrific L's for the honor and glory of Japan. "Oh, non power puncher Old Floyd sent young Tenshin flying across the ring with the Jab? OK, let's get you in there with a bonafide prime aged power puncher". I mean just imagine what Saku could have done with sound career management?

I know that is there usual actions, as shown when they dropped Erson in the deep water immediately. But they seemed to be bringing Rena and Tenshin up slowly to build them as future stars of the promotion. I can kinda see making the Floyd match to bring attention to Rizin and because he was old and they figured it would be at least somewhat competitive, but after the result I thought they would go back to normal with Tenshin not push it even further.

Back