Prime Khabib vs Prime Islam? Who wins? (revisited topic)

jackleeb

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
After seeing his KO of 12-day notice Volk, let's revisit this question (for the millionth time)

Most people agree that:
- Khabib was more dominant and a better grappler than Islam
- Islam is a better striker and more complete MMA fighter

Who would win in a hypothetical match-up, both in their primes?

Khabib

Islam is like wlad klitschko and Islam is vitali
Wlad went on to have more accolades, but anyone who knows boxing, knows big brother would beat him

Islam is also more rounded like wlad, but more fragile

Khabib and vitali where like Iron

I'd favor Khabib but wouldn't be surprised if Islam got the W.

Brace yourselves...

Islam is still improving.

neckbeard shall never smesh neckbeard

Islam seems more cerebral, while Khabib had that fire on him. He was just relentless

Islam has better take down defense than Tibau and is a better striker and Tibau stuffed takedown attempts and outstruck Khabib.

Khabib would probably never have struggled with Volk but Islam would be a bad match up for him.

I think Islam can neutralize the grappling and win a kickboxing match. It’s not the same as them willingly grappling during practice where Khabib is a bit better. Islam is the better striker and more composed fighter. Unless Islam comes out trying to win a grappling match I think he’s a bad matchup for Khabib. Khabib’s wonky striking works with the grappling threat. If it’s removed and he’s forced to win a striking match against Islam he’s losing imo. Conversely I think cousin Usman would beat Islam for the same reasons. So if they all fight and it ends up a grappling stalemate and striking match Usman > Islam > Khabib.

There was a video of some high school wrestler at AKA comparing Islam and Khabib's wrestling. It seemed like Khabib was by far the better wrestler. After seeing Khabib and Islam's striking and their defense, it also seems Islam gets rocked easier.

Khabib would win.

Back