Pride FC: Total Elimination 2003 - 20 years ago!!

I'd put that version of Fedor against any heavyweight ever.
If that Fedor had to fight prime JDS, Werdum, Cain and DC, I would bet he would lose at least 2 fights. Even Carwin would be dangerous for 1 round since he would not be taken down and could counter with a 1-2 against a haymaker.

Oh man, I forgot about those ref cams. Pride was truly ahead of its time.

Yep! It's crazy that no other major promos have done that. Probably has to do with sanctioning bodies.

Igor had some of the heaviest hands. He was like a little compact ball of death with those things.

My grandfather was built like that. Like a white Mike Tyson. About 5'10", 210-220, 52" chest. Just a unit. I'm 6'4", 230ish, but guys like that are a nightmare to deal with. My cousin has the same build as my grandfather but he's about 6'2". He has SKILLS too. Luckily we get along great! Because I'm a pretty tough guy, I've trained a lot, I'm strong, but he would fucking smash me.

I still remember exactly where I was sitting when I ordered this.

Recorded it in VHS
Watched it countless times. Like COUNTLESS times.

(Remember youtube and the like weren't even near being available.)

20 years ago is insane.

I still remember exactly where I was sitting when I ordered this.

Recorded it in VHS
Watched it countless times. Like COUNTLESS times.

(Remember youtube and the like weren't even near being available.)

20 years ago is insane.
bootleg VHS tapes purchased off of ebay was the way

That was such a great event.
The first fight of the night was Fedor/Goodridge. Everybody knew Fedor hit hard, but Fedor was not known for his striking prowess. He was just knocked silly by Fujita, too.

Then, 1:09 of pure violence left me in awe.

I recently purchased some Japanese Import Version of Pride FC DVD's with Japanese Commentary from back in the day.

Greatest of All Time GRAIL Status of MMA DVD's Sherbros.

I had to buy an All Regions DVD player from Amazon to watch them though. o_O

Last edited:
This all day. It was good and was only going to get better and better over the next 5 years.

Compare that to today now and... well...
There's an old 80's metal ballad about situations like these... You probably already know to which song referring, and I hate that song, so I'm not posting. It would have been appropriate had I done it, though.

Garry Goodridge admitted he didn't get CTE from MMA but K1 kickboxing

It'll be an accumulation of everything, he was stopped by strikes 20 times across MMA and Kickboxing.

I remember I actually saved up as a teenager and bought pride 1-18 for like 250 or 300 from sherdog. They had some special package.

(Then some schmuck I trained with borrowed a bunch and scratched a Bunch of em.)
damn, i think i did something similar. went through a couple of winter breaks where i watched every UFC and PRIDE FC from 1 to the current time whatever that was, prob 2004-2005 something like that. for a while i had to buy them off of ebay, on VHS, and avoid sherdog until I was caught up. I remember someone sold the PRIDE event on ebay where Cro Cop lost to Kevin Randleman (RIP), but they used the screenshot of Randleman hammerfisting Cro Cop as the auction picture. I was shocked, but i still bought it hoping that was just a brief glimmer of an otherwise back and forth battle. I was hurt for a few weeks after that one.

If that Fedor had to fight prime JDS, Werdum, Cain and DC, I would bet he would lose at least 2 fights. Even Carwin would be dangerous for 1 round since he would not be taken down and could counter with a 1-2 against a haymaker.

Carwin would have nothing for Fedor minus a lucky flash KO. Fedor would have put the pressure on him and made him gas faster than a concussed Brock did. Too much speed and enough might in the clinch to keep Carwin from bullying him. There are levels to this shit and Carwin simply wasn't on Fedors level in terms of skills, speed, agility and craftsmanship. Carwin was getting unloaded on by Neal Waim ffs.

Back