Crime Police in Louisville raid wrong house (alleges victim's family), killing a 26 year old EMT (Breonna)

It's 2020. For EVERYONE's sake LEO need to have body cams on-person and operational when interacting with civilians in an official manner. I'll reserve judgement on this case until more details emerge, but I'd be less inclined to side with LEO if no video emerges. He said / she said doesn't cut it anymore. Sad news for the family of this woman.
Yep. Tiny cameras are a relative nothing in the grand budget scheme.
Would catch/deter a lot of shithead cops to the point I might not immediately distrust every single one I see.

I believe no knock should be very rare and a knock should be just that not a tap and brake down the door.

Seems entirely dependent on whether or not they knocked or identified themselves. I'm leaning towards no, since it doesn't make much sense that the guy would shoot at cops if it was the wrong house and they had done nothing wrong. Shooting at cops is a last ditch thing when you know you're fucked if they take you in.

No knock raids should not be common AT ALL. They should be reserved only for when the cops fully expect to be fired at and they'd better be damn sure they don't have "the wrong house". If they do, they're 100% at fault for whatever happens.

National-EMS-Week-Third-Full-Week-of-May.jpg

Not the best way to kick off EMS week.

Louisville PD requires them. The Criminal Interdiction Unit was created to avoid that rule.
It didn't "kick off EMS week". The story you posted is 2 months old.

Last edited:
Who the fuck thinks that a no knock warrant break in at 1am is a good idea? On top of that how do you break into the wrong house.. something as serious as a warrant should require a very confident and thorough preparation. This is just brutal incompetence.

No knock raids should only be legal for like murder suspects or child abductors. It's a rediculous use of force to pursue low level drug offenders. The war on drugs is responsible for the greatest amount of police overreach. People in favor of a smaller, less intrusive government should be against it.

In the past, caselaw has protected officers from liability in these cases because they aren't intentionally going to the wrong houses. Dunno if it'll hold up in current times tho.

Question: when real home-invaders bust into a place, do they aver scream out "POLICE WE HAVE A WARRANT." Because that would be a great way of getting the upperhand on an armed home-owner.

Since that is the case, why should an armed homeowner be expected to lay down their weapons when they hear those words?

Yes I would, but I've not seen anything saying they were asleep.

Edit: I see now that search was 1am while they were sleeping.

You're a police officer and missed a piece of critical information....hmmm

My question is, how the FUCK do you raid the wrong house? That should be step 1-5 on a raid. Check, double check, have someone else check, then double check, and then a final check to make sure you aren't at the wrong damn address.

Question: when real home-invaders bust into a place, do they aver scream out "POLICE WE HAVE A WARRANT." Because that would be a great way of getting the upperhand on an armed home-owner.

Since that is the case, why should an armed homeowner be expected to lay down their weapons when they hear those words?

That's a.... Really good idea. Brb going out for cigarettes.

tenor.gif

Police are nothing more than lawless murderers given immunity by a criminal government

I'm sure the city will pay a settlement, but if she was hit by crossfire then I dont see how it's totally on the cops unless they went in wearing plain clothes and didnt identify themselves.

Why did the bf start shooting?

If the police did not identify themselves and instead broke down the door and stormed in (as is claimed) then I would assume it was in self defense.

So the bf shot at cops outside the house while he couldn'tsee who he was shooting at? I'm not sure if that sounds much better from a safe use perspective.

There are a lot of questions and mistakes in this tragedy. Condolences to the family and lower the attempted murder charge on the bf to reckless discharge and maiming.

All the shooting was in the house. He is saying that had the guy known cops were at the door he would have let them in, but he had no way of knowing they were their because they did not knock and did not announce themselves. Instead, the busted down the door and charged in.

My question is, how the FUCK do you raid the wrong house? That should be step 1-5 on a raid. Check, double check, have someone else check, then double check, and then a final check to make sure you aren't at the wrong damn address.

In this case they should have also confirmed the suspect wasn't already in police custody because he had been arrested in a raid earlier that day. Probably should make that #6 on the pre-high risk activity check list.

All the shooting was in the house. He is saying that had the guy known cops were at the door he would have let them in, but he had no way of knowing they were their because they did not knock and did not announce themselves. Instead, the busted down the door and charged in.

Even if they announced themselves as cops AFTER break your door and entering would you believe it after being suddenly awaken with close to little to no time to react? Being half asleep or half dazed from suddenly waking up nothing may register in your head and all one knows is that someone is Breaking and Entering your home for no apparent reason. If you are a law abiding citizen you would not expect the police to be the ones breaking in.

If it'd happen to me I wouldn't believe for a second because I've committed no crime. I'd think these fuckers were fake ass cops trying to get an additional advantage on me.

And really whats the point of them not using body cams like other delartments other than to get away with doing shady sh*t? I hope they sue the hell out of the dept and changes are made to make body cams required for all departments.

If someone busted into your home without identification then hell yes, you're within your right to shoot. Doesn't matter if they turn out to be blue. You don't want shot, identify yourself before hand.

This doesn't even require castle doctrine btw. If someone raids your house and doesn't identify, you can reasonably claim self defense. It's how a German Hells Angel got acquitted for killing a member of an SEK unit.

Back