Crime Police in Louisville raid wrong house (alleges victim's family), killing a 26 year old EMT (Breonna)

https://www.whas11.com/article/news...-emt/417-0f53a062-412f-448b-8990-6c13b2c98fa3
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Family members of a victim are speaking out, days after a woman was killed in an officer-involved shooting.

The coroner identified the woman as 26-year-old Breonna Taylor.

They say she died when officers say they were executing a drug search warrant.

Police allege when they entered the Springfield Drive home, they were met with gunshots and returned fire, killing Breonna.

Taylor’s family, however, says the officer account does not show the whole picture.

They claim officers were looking for someone who didn’t live at the home or had any connection to the victim.

“She was already an accomplished and certified EMT for the City of Louisville and currently worked for UofL as a medical tech. This is not a woman who would sacrifice her life and her family morals and values to sell drugs on the street,” Bonica Austin, Taylor’s aunt, said.
To add insult to injury, her boyfriend will be facing attempted murder charges. Of particular interest here is whether or not the police identified themselves beforehand. They say they did, but a witness contradicts that claim; something that could have been easily verified if they wore body cameras, but as members of the Criminal Interdiction Division, they are somehow freed from that burden of additional scrutiny.

I'm sure the city will pay a settlement, but if she was hit by crossfire then I dont see how it's totally on the cops unless they went in wearing plain clothes and didnt identify themselves.

Why did the bf start shooting?

Horrific story. Body camera footage would clear some of it up, but I'd imagine it's also not that easy to hear people verbally identify themselves at your door if you have on a TV or radio. I could imagine many people hear that loud banging on the door, maybe some muffled voices, then suddenly the door gets knocked in and you feel like you're under siege.

There was a story in my region where a warrant was executed in the wrong home. They kicked in the door and killed both of the occupants dogs, even though they were just labs and they were running away from the officers. Turned out they were in the wrong house, and essentially just showed up to murder some 4-legged family members.

To add another layer, it was the freaking Mayor's house. Somebody shipped some marijuana to his home address (a common method, they just intercept it when it arrives at the phony address). The police decided to raid the house the drugs were shipped to.

Here's the Mayor and a picture of his dogs.
a6d66747-1ef8-47d5-90bb-db2a0e822932.grid-6x2.jpg

And the Sheriff's response to this tragedy:
In August 2010, Sheriff Michael A. Jackson stated that "We've apologized for the incident, but we will never apologize for taking drugs off our streets. Quite frankly, we'd do it again. Tonight."[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_Heights,_Maryland_mayor's_residence_drug_raid

Last edited:
Kenneth Walker, 27, was arrested and charged with attempted murder and assault for shooting Sgt. John Mattingly; Mattingly survived and underwent surgery for his injuries.

He pleaded not guilty and his lawyer argued that he acted in self-defense because he didn’t know who was at the door.

“Had Mr. Walker known that police were outside he would have opened the door and ushered them in,” Eggert told the Courier Journal, adding that no drugs were found, the home belonged to Taylor and Walker wasn’t even the target of the police’s search warrant.

Sam Aguiar, a lawyer for Taylor’s family, told WDRB that it was a case of misidentification and that he believed officers were looking for someone else connected to a different raid.

“Something went terribly wrong,” he said. “This was clearly a botched execution of a warrant.”

Walker was being held on a $250,000 full cash bond, yet Jefferson Circuit Court Judge Olu Stevens released him to home incarceration, to the outrage of the police union.

So the bf shot at cops outside the house while he couldn'tsee who he was shooting at? I'm not sure if that sounds much better from a safe use perspective.

There are a lot of questions and mistakes in this tragedy. Condolences to the family and lower the attempted murder charge on the bf to reckless discharge and maiming.

Whos the genius who came up with no knock raids?

right but in this scenario where the witness is saying that no one knocked, it would have made all the difference because the EMT would have never started shooting because she would have known it was the police

If no one knocked then why did the bf say he didnt know who was at the door?

Not sure of the neighborhood these people live in, but I don't reach for a gun at the ready everytime someone comes to my door.

So the bf shot at cops outside the house while he couldn'tsee who he was shooting at? I'm not sure if that sounds much better from a safe use perspective.

There are a lot of questions and mistakes in this tragedy. Condolences to the family and lower the attempted murder charge on the bf to reckless discharge and maiming.

The bf shot at intruders that illegal entered his home without any notification.

When officers "eventually forced their way inside the home through an exterior door," Ted Eidem with LMPD's Public Integrity Unit said they were "immediately met by gunfire."

Is this not within anybody's rights to defend their home from invasion?! How anyone who supports the 2nd Amendment can argue against this is beyond my ability to understand considering the cops entered the wrong house and attacked innocent people they weren't intended on targeting.

Did she attempt to flee? Jk

I wonder if NRA types will defend her. If it was a no knock raid.

The liberal response is that "no gun no problem" or

"Identify who you are shooting at before opening fire"

Or "say stop bad guy I have a gun"

But she isnt white so will the "did she run" apply?
If someone busted into your home without identification then hell yes, you're within your right to shoot. Doesn't matter if they turn out to be blue. You don't want shot, identify yourself before hand.

If they no-knocked and this guy fired at them then it is on the cops and this guy should not be in jail. He has a right to protect his home.

If no one knocked then why did the bf say he didnt know who was at the door?

Not sure of the neighborhood these people live in, but I don't reach for a gun at the ready everytime someone comes to my door.
They didn't "come to the door", they battered through it while they were asleep.
I don't know her specific neighborhood, but Louisville has the 11th highest murder rate in America. They were homeowners defending their property with a legally registered pistol. If you live in a high-crime area and strangers break in during the middle of the night, you wouldn't panic and reach for a weapon?

The bf shot at intruders that illegal entered his home without any notification.

When officers "eventually forced their way inside the home through an exterior door," Ted Eidem with LMPD's Public Integrity Unit said they were "immediately met by gunfire."

Is this not within anybody's rights to defend their home from invasion?! How anyone who supports the 2nd Amendment can argue against this is beyond my ability to understand considering the cops entered the wrong house and attacked innocent people they weren't intended on targeting.

A- I was taught to shoot only at what I can see.

B- the guys excuse was thst he didn't know who was at the door when he fired. (hence my question)

C- even if I assume that the cops didn't knock, I'm pretty sure that they wore uniforms.

So yes I support 2A and defending your home, but there seems to be some info missing about why the bf was shooting.

It's 2020. For EVERYONE's sake LEO need to have body cams on-person and operational when interacting with civilians in an official manner. I'll reserve judgement on this case until more details emerge, but I'd be less inclined to side with LEO if no video emerges. He said / she said doesn't cut it anymore. Sad news for the family of this woman.

They didn't "come to the door", they battered through it while they were asleep.
I don't know her specific neighborhood, but Louisville has the 11th highest murder rate in America. They were homeowners defending their property with a legally registered pistol. If you live in a high-crime area and strangers break in during the middle of the night, you wouldn't panic and reach for a weapon?

Yes I would, but I've not seen anything saying they were asleep.

Edit: I see now that search was 1am while they were sleeping.

Last edited:
condolences for a fellow health care worker. im sorry these incompetent cops contributed to your death

Back