PFL doing a Invicta knockoff starting next year

Don't know if it will work or not or how much demand for pure women events over an over............but at least I like to see that PFL brass have some type of direction they want to take the PFL long term in terms of expansion. I think that is big issues with the orgs below the UFC. If they do have some goals as fans we rarely hear about or ever see much change with the org. Take KSW for example as smaller org with a clear plan, do whatever it takes to dominate Poland MMA scene on the biggest scale possible. Mission accomplished for them. They aren't trying to be the UFC or have world dominance. They know their niche in the sport.

Last edited:
They're just trying to do something different, not that it seems like a good idea but its different.
Nothing that they have tried has work … still a circus … burning investors money … PPV is nothing new, all Womens mma it’s nothing new and PFL franchises it’s nothing new, WSOF did that already … PPV portion it’s nothing new

KSI's Misfits Boxing is doing well on DAZN, and Jake Paul will make a pay-for-view circus for PFL, Taking the thunder away for Triller Fight Club who made big money off this Influencer craze.

As Dana White has said Invicta FC saved WMMA by creating a source of women fighters. Even if This PFL Women fails a few good fighters should come out of it.

Last edited:
Nothing that they have tried has work … still a circus … burning investors money … PPV is nothing new, all Womens mma it’s nothing new and PFL franchises it’s nothing new, WSOF did that already … PPV portion it’s nothing new

Like I said, I didn't say it was a good idea, but they have to find a way to separate themselves from the ufc.

They have to stand out, it is what it is.

It isn't so much about trying to do something new like they did with there tournament style point system. It's about willing to take risks to grow the product. Too many of the orgs at this level are just stagnate in everything they do, year after year. Nothing changes and it just grows stale in consumer minds.

I'd rather have PFL try all this expansion, PPV series(that at the foundation has some good benefits for the fighters themselves that everyone cries about if it all works out), signing guys on the level of Francis, taking risks with a guy like Jake Paul to help reach new fans, doing the middle east deal, and taking the biggest risk in buying out your best competitor. It it all fails it, fails. But at least they tried a very aggressive path instead of just putting event after event on, signing some over paid named castoffs, pray to get a media deal, and eventually nobody barely cares and the money runs dries up and its all over. Every org does this including the PFL, but at least the PFL seems to be doing everything they can to disrupt the industry that fans usually expect out of these level orgs.

I don't think this is a good idea, will not do well and won't last long.

But what do I know.

<Fedor23>

PFL Russia will have medieval combats ala M-1 …. PFL is a circus
PFL will somehow find a way to make this medieval combats uninteresting. They should go all out and sign Zuluzinho, make an offer to see if Great Khali is interested in MMA and break the bank to sign Jose Canseco.

PFL will somehow find a way to make this medieval combats uninteresting. They should go all out and sign Zuluzinho, make an offer to see if Great Khali is interested in MMA and break the bank to sign Jose Canseco.
Lol!!!!

Sad but true.

Back