• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Peaceful Protest Appreciation Thread

zebby23

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lets all remember what these Americans are protesting.

What are they protesting against? Not the flag, not the anthem, but social injustice.
300 years of slavery followed by 100 years of segregation and discrimination. 2/3 of our prisons are filled with African Americans.

They are protesting for
Freddy Gray
Philando Castile
Terence Crutcher
Tamir Rice
Eric Garner

They are also protesting the most divisive president we have had in most of our lifetimes. Condemning football and basketball players while holding Nascar up on a pedestal. (Nascar made a statement against Trump BTW and it is below) Condemning left wing protesters while refusing to say anything negative about the white supremacists that make up a large % of this base.

Nascar Statement
“Sports are a unifying influence in our society, bringing people of differing backgrounds and beliefs together. Our respect for the national anthem has always been a hallmark of our pre-race events. Thanks to the sacrifices of many, we live in a country of unparalleled freedoms and countless liberties, including the right to peacefully express one’s opinion.”

We know this thread will attract right wingers who will refuse to read past the headline and they will post photos of Kaepernick with this white family like that is supposed to negate the color of his skin. They will post thinly veiled racist comments without actually thinking about what it is like to be a black man in this country. They will blindly follow their ideologies and continue to refuse to think outside the box and put themselves in the shoes of an African American man.

The rest of us will continue to be patriots, continue to support the 1st Amendment and continue to engage in peaceful protests in an effort to finally end the social injustice facing minorities in this country. Now lets take a look at who is protesting.

A 97 year old WW2 veteran. "These kids have every right to protest"

1506320993599.jpg

High School athletes

383469C400000578-3784017-High_school_football_players_have_started_to_take_knees_before_g-a-27_1473627980011.jpg

Professional Athletes

694940094001_5588350346001_5588330992001-vs.jpg
+

NFL Owners

khan.jpg

Lets see some of your photos showing these peaceful protests!!

It's not forgotten. It's just stupid. This shit happens to people of all races but apparently it's only a problem if they're black? Racist.

It's there right to protest. But many question why they would choose to protest by taking a knee for the National Anthem. It sends out an anti-American look and message.

I think they should stand for the anthem and find another way to protest racism and police brutality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost every single NFL team has issued a statement supporting the players right to protest.

Here are some well thought out articulate statements by respected leaders. .

“I am deeply disappointed by the tone of the comments made by the President on Friday,” Kraft wrote. “I am proud to be associated with so many players who make such tremendous contributions in positively impacting our communities.” - Robert Kraft owner of the Patriots

"It's hard to sit down and decide that yes, it's like you're at the 50 meter mark in a 100 meter dash, you've got that kind of lead. Yes, because you were born white, you have advantages that are systemically, culturally, psychologically there. And they've been built up and cemented for hundreds of years, but many people can't look at it. It's too difficult, it can't be something that is on their plate on a daily basis" - Gregg Popovch Coach of the Spurs

"Instead, we get Trump’s comments over the weekend about NFL players, calling them 'sons of bitches' for kneeling during the anthem. Those just crushed me. Crushed me. Just think about what those players are protesting. They’re protesting excessive police violence and racial inequality. Those are really good things to fight against." - Steve Kerr

I haven't kept up on this NFL stuff because Trump is just dog whistling his base, but has anyone considered that not all kneeling players are protesting the same thing Kap is? That Kap is protesting his on own agenda and the other guys are protesting the hate and vitriol directed at him? That if you black ball him for expressing himself that you then have to black ball them all?

Right to protest.

Right to think the method of protest is irresponsible, short sighted, and counter productive.

Their protest might be more meaningful if it was outside police departments instead of during our National Anthem.

It's not forgotten. It's just stupid. This shit happens to people of all races but apparently it's only a problem if they're black? Racist.

Yes, us white people just have it so hard, lol

It is interesting to me when athletes protest. It often draws this dismissive attitude of, "Oh great, these spoiled athletes are looking for attention."

But think of it like this. Sadly, there are only a few groups of people that our society truly pays attention to. Celebrities, athletes, musicians, are some of the few.

Typically, nobody cares to listen to poor people. Poor people are mocked for their dialect, appearance, etc. Poor white people are called trash, poor blacks called similar names, and poor members of other minorities groups are often treated as if they do not even belong in the country.

Athletes are the rare occurrence where a former member of one of these poor groups suddenly has a voice that people will listen to. A lot of athletes come from very troubled backgrounds and now have the platform to draw attention to it. That is something that should not be so quickly dismissed. These are not just "spoiled athletes" a lot of the time, they are people who worked their way out of poverty.

It is interesting to me when athletes protest. It often draws this dismissive attitude of, "Oh great, these spoiled athletes are looking for attention."

But think of it like this. Sadly, there are only a few groups of people that our society truly pays attention to. Celebrities, athletes, musicians, are some of the few.

Typically, nobody cares to listen to poor people. Poor people are mocked for their dialect, appearance, etc. Poor white people are called trash, poor blacks called similar names, and poor members of other minorities groups are often treated as if they do not even belong in the country.

Athletes are the rare occurrence where a former member of one of these poor groups suddenly has a voice that people will listen to. A lot of athletes come from very troubled backgrounds and now have the platform to draw attention to it. That is something that should not be so quickly dismissed. These are not just "spoiled athletes" a lot of the time, they are people who worked their way out of poverty.
I think it's the way in which they are protesting. Kneeling and not standing for the anthem.

It wouldn't be this big an issue if they voiced their opinion some other way.

I haven't kept up on this NFL stuff because Trump is just dog whistling his base, but has anyone considered that not all kneeling players are protesting the same thing Kap is? That Kap is protesting his on own agenda and the other guys are protesting the hate and vitriol directed at him? That if you black ball him for expressing himself that you then have to black ball them all?

This is exactly what is happening but conservatives can only see one thing at a time. They think these athletes are protesting the flag and the anthem which they are not. They are protesting DURING the anthem. Each one is protesting something different that is unique to them.

I think it's the way in which they are protesting. Kneeling and not standing for the anthem.

It wouldn't be this big an issue if they voiced their opinion some other way.

Yes it would rip. You would find a way to discredit them no matter what they did

Protest against our country??? that's just childish... they are mad about racism in general... racism exists in every country on this planet... maybe it has to do with being human rather than being american

<seedat>

lol such intelligence...such butthurt. Nice contribution though
Butthurt about what? You're just another internet idiot looking for attention and atta-boys. If you actually knew even a little about what you're starting this discussion on, you'd know just how dumb you sound. Obviously I don't expect you to waver from your little SJW routine.

Yes, us white people just have it so hard, lol

Also, please explain to me in the last maybe 200 years when American whites sere systematically the targets of racism. I'll wait here.

Butthurt about what? You're just another internet idiot looking for attention and atta-boys. If you actually knew even a little about what you're starting this discussion on, you'd know just how dumb you sound. Obviously I don't expect you to waver from your little SJW routine.

hahahahahaha this is gold.

200_s.gif

Conservatives will hate peaceful protesters no matter what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
death touch
Back