Patrício Freire calls out Illinois Athletic Commission and Bellator for not having a doctor on site

So I listened to the Morning Kombat podcast,

• Luke Thomas reached out to both sides
  • There was a doctor on site, however the doctor looked at the cut and said it required deep tissue stitching, which can only be done at the hospital
  • The doctor on site called ahead to the hospital to get the surgical tech ready, so he could get care immediately
  • For some reason, that didn’t happen when he arrived to hospital, so they had to wair
  • When the surgical tech arrived, he decided that the deep stitching wasn’t necessary

Big John added that in most states ring side physicians insurance doesn't cover that duty so doctors are extra cautious about stitching

I was upset reading this, but apparently it was an oversight at the hospital and not as much bellator like stated above.

Still raises the question of why there isn't more medical resources at these events.
Medical Insurance companies in most states don't cover their work as ring side physicians. Apparently the ufc brings their owns people with them to those states. I guess bellator doesn't

Medical Insurance companies in most states don't cover their work as ring side physicians. Apparently the ufc brings their owns people with them to those states. I guess bellator doesn't
I mean Bellator probably doesn’t have the means to keep a surgeon on their payroll. I think for the UFC it’s that Asian doctor Brandan Scwaub made fun of

Back