Pat Buchanan: Thinks Trump will agree to DACA deal and won't get Wall

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
On the McLaughlin Group, Buchanan said he thinks Trump will agree to a DACA deal and will not get the wall, instead getting some sort of security fence.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...trump-will-concede-daca-will-charged-amnesty/

-
I also don't think Trump will deport the DACA beneficiaries. And I strongly believe Trump will bamboozle his base into thinking he has made good on his promise, when in reality it would be akin to throwing some large crumbs to the grass-roots. Trump will authorize the building of some sort of fence system that will be better in repelling illegal immigrants than what is currently on the ground, but it will be a long ways from the kind of barrier he promised during campaigning.

Die-hard Trump supporters will endlessly tout how Trump has kept his promise, because they can not admit he has played the base, and they can not allow Liberals to say "told ya so". Trump shills will blame Democrats and GOP establishment , to deflect criticism of Trump. Alt-Right will be far less accommodating of Trump, with notable critics such as Coulter rightfully giving Trump much flak for throwing his base under the bus.

trump isn't going to deport anyone on Daca. Do you know how many protests would happen if one was even in danger of it? Which is why he's trying to get as much as he can out of this deal.

Trump said he wants to keep the kids. Why is this news

I don't trust Buchanan's opinion on anything. I think he, and Breitbart in general, try to influence Trump through the media sources they know that he consumes.

I don't trust Buchanan's opinion on anything. I think he, and Breitbart in general, try to influence Trump through the media sources they know that he consumes.

While I don't disagree with that, Buchanan is quite well read , and has been part of previous GOP admins going back decades. Been reading his OpEds for over a decade now. He does broach subjects and critiques issues that the mass media, be it right leaning or left leaning, would rather the American people not think about. Buchanan could very well have become an establishment shill, but instead he stuck to a principled stance that is very unpopular to the establishment , namely America First.

I can acknowledge a person is principled even I don't agree with their ideology. Note: the principle stance I am only referring to here is support for America First and traditional American hegemony.

While I don't disagree with that, Buchanan is quite well read , and has been part of previous GOP admins going back decades. Been reading his OpEds for over a decade now. He does broach subjects and critiques issues that the mass media, be it right leaning or left leaning, would rather the American people not think about. Buchanan could very well have become an establishment shill, but instead he stuck to a principled stance that is very unpopular to the establishment , namely America First.

I can acknowledge a person is principled even I don't agree with their ideology. Note: the principle stance I am only referring to here is support for America First and traditional American hegemony.

Oh, I'm not claiming he's not principled. Only that I think he's trying to manipulate the POTUS.

My opinion is that Breitbard, Bannon, Buchanan and others like them put things into the media space in a form that they believe will embolden the POTUS to lash out against in order to prove his "strength".

So, if I wanted Trump to buy chocolate ice cream then I might circulate the opinion that Trump will never buy chocolate ice cream because he's afraid of the color brown (or that he only buys vanilla ice cream because he can't afford chocolate). A normal person would ignore it. People like Trump will feel compelled to prove me wrong and buy the chocolate ice cream for that reason.

Last edited:
So you wish there was a wall or are you bitching about getting what you want

No i posted a fact that you were unaware of (which is not the least bit surprising) I did not interject my opinion at all

No i posted a fact that you were unaware of (which is not the least bit surprising) I did not interject my opinion at all
I am aware of it I’m pointing out that you’re offended over nothing

Is Mexico not paying for the wall? I’m confused.

I am aware of it I’m pointing out that you’re offended over nothing

You clearly were NOT aware of what Trump said or you wouldn't have made post # 3. I'm not offended about anything. We all know Trump will never get funding for a wall and we also know Daca will be renewed. Dems are getting tired of winning

The issue of the wall is the reason I didn't vote for trump. I hope it fails miserably.

lol egg mcmuffin is on there. show must be getting bankrolled by the mormon mafia.

Trump said he wants to keep the kids. Why is this news
Him promising the Wall. Promising to get tough on immigration.

Honest question: Do you think he will build the Wall? And if he doesn't are you going to be very critical of him?

Oh, I'm not claiming he's not principled. Only that I think he's trying to manipulate the POTUS.

My opinion is that Breitbard, Bannon, Buchanan and others like them put things into the media space in a form that they believe will embolden the POTUS to lash out against in order to prove his "strength".

So, if I wanted Trump to buy chocolate ice cream then I might circulate the opinion that Trump will never buy chocolate ice cream because he's afraid of the color brown (or that he only buys vanilla ice cream because he can't afford chocolate). A normal person would ignore it. People like Trump will feel compelled to prove me wrong and buy the chocolate ice for that reason.
Chocolate ice?

I don't think so, playa.

On the McLaughlin Group, Buchanan said he thinks Trump will agree to a DACA deal and will not get the wall, instead getting some sort of security fence.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...trump-will-concede-daca-will-charged-amnesty/

-
I also don't think Trump will deport the DACA beneficiaries. And I strongly believe Trump will bamboozle his base into thinking he has made good on his promise, when in reality it would be akin to throwing some large crumbs to the grass-roots. Trump will authorize the building of some sort of fence system that will be better in repelling illegal immigrants than what is currently on the ground, but it will be a long ways from the kind of barrier he promised during campaigning.

Die-hard Trump supporters will endlessly tout how Trump has kept his promise, because they can not admit he has played the base, and they can not allow Liberals to say "told ya so". Trump shills will blame Democrats and GOP establishment , to deflect criticism of Trump. Alt-Right will be far less accommodating of Trump, with notable critics such as Coulter rightfully giving Trump much flak for throwing his base under the bus.

After the book incident, she signed away her soul to Trump. There will be no criticism. Same thing with @HereticBD 's moment of doubt: he chose to go all in and there's no going back.

So, if I wanted Trump to buy chocolate ice cream then I might circulate the opinion that Trump will never buy chocolate ice cream because he's afraid of the color brown (or that he only buys vanilla ice cream because he can't afford chocolate). A normal person would ignore it. People like Trump will feel compelled to prove me wrong and buy the chocolate ice cream for that reason.

I agree, but lately I've been seeing Fox News being openly critical of Trump and even mocking him once or twice. I wonder what that heralds.

Back