Movies Out of the best picture Oscar films from 1963 to 1982 - Which one the best? (Part Two)

Out of these films, which one the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Continuation from this thread.

Out of the best picture Oscar films from 1963 to 1982 - Which 5 are the best?

MV5BNDhmNTA0ZDMtYjhkNS00NzEzLWIzYTItOGNkMTVmYjE2YmI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg

one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest

MV5BMWMwMGQzZTItY2JlNC00OWZiLWIyMDctNDk2ZDQ2YjRjMWQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg

MV5BNTBkMjg2MjYtYTZjOS00ODQ0LTg0MDEtM2FiNmJmOGU1NGEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUzOTY1NTc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

MV5BM2MyNjYxNmUtYTAwNi00MTYxLWJmNWYtYzZlODY3ZTk3OTFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg

If you don't want to be tagged just let me know, thank you.

Please vote.

Almost voted for the GF part 1 just because of the honeymoon scene but I think part 2 had the better storyline.

Interesting to see Rocky in the lead thus far.

What's so good about Deer Hunter? Legit one of the most boring films I have ever seen. Might be my least favorite film of De Niro.

I still enjoy Angry Grandpa more than Deer Hunter. Can't believe Kramer vs Kramer is out. Probably my fave alongside Cuckoo's Nest from the entire list.

That’s a tough one. I had to think between GF 1, 2, Rocky and cuckoo’s. End up up voting for Cuckoo’s though. That’s a movie I think I’d most likely rewatch anyways

All are good in their own right, but Rocky is the one that I enjoy to watch out of those.

Did you know De Niro had no idea Walken was going to do that huge spit on his face? De Niro was so pissed after that take.
Made it more believable lol
Something about that movie hit me differently than the rest in this list. I was obsessed with the Vietnam War when I was young, maybe because I had an uncle die in it?

Wow The Godfather has the second lowest votes. Fascinating indeed.

Made it more believable lol
Something about that movie hit me differently than the rest in this list. I was obsessed with the Vietnam War when I was young, maybe because I had an uncle die in it?

I see, what do think of Born of the Fourth of July and Casualties of War? Have you seen those films and if so what's your thoughts?

I see, what do think of Born of the Fourth of July and Casualties of War? Have you seen those films and if so what's your thoughts?
Throughly enjoyed them both. Like I said, I was OBSESSED with anything to do with Nam lol.
To the point, I'd dress up in camo and go to the woods across the street. I built a whole tunnel system, obviously not extravagant. I was 12 lol.
And by tunnel system, I mean it was shallow trenches covered with sticks and leaves thrown on top lmao.

Maybe fitting my first mma fight was against a guy who was half Vietnamese and Chinese? Lol

Throughly enjoyed them both. Like I said, I was OBSESSED with anything to do with Nam lol.
To the point, I'd dress up in camo and go to the woods across the street. I built a whole tunnel system, obviously not extravagant. I was 12 lol.
And by tunnel system, I mean it was shallow trenches covered with sticks and leaves thrown on top lmao.

Maybe fitting my first mma fight was against a guy who was half Vietnamese and Chinese? Lol

Damn, you are a fascinating man. lol

What's your favorite Vietnam War film?

Damn, you are a fascinating man. lol

What's your favorite Vietnam War film?
Man, that's a tough one. Probably poll worthy lol.
There are several great ones, for different reasons.
The obvious ones like Apocalypse Now, and Full Metal Jacket are classics along with those you mentioned. Then We were soldiers
hits close to home for me with how it follows the families at home. Reminds me of stories of the day they showed up at my grandma's house...
Then Hamburger hill and Platoon were up there as well.
I'd really have to put some thought in for a favorite lol

Back