Oliveira and Tsarukyan's last win is kind of meaningless

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I hate to say this as a Dariush fan, but it is. Oliveira got rushed back into a title rematch off of this. Arman is top 5 now because of this. But those wins tell us absolutely nothing about their skills. The reality is Dariush has always been a chinny fighter and susceptible to first round KOs. Alex Hernandez and Ramsey Nijem both blew him away in one round.

Dariush is a very skilled fighter with contender level abilities but his chin has always been his one flaw. It actually took some luck to go on the run he did without getting finished. We really didn't learn anything about Oliveira or Tsarukyan from those fights that was worthy of analysis. If they had dominated him over the course of a fight it would tell us a lot but we've really learned nothing. I think they should fight each other to determine the number one contender. That would be a more meaningful fight.

I can see where you're coming from. I'm also a big Dariush guy, but his chin is his big weakness. In the case of Oliveira/Dariush, I feel we learned a bit more than we did with Arman/Dariush since the fight played out longer. Oliveira's ground game did at least impress me while he was on his back against Dariush, who has a brilliant top game.

Would love to see Charlie beat douchey arman!

That said , I highly doubt Charles beats him …. I’ll bet arman finishes Charles with ground and pound under 10

Yeah I agree all stoppage wins whether it be KO or TKO are meaningless because some chins are better than others.

I hate to say this as a Dariush fan, but it is. Oliveira got rushed back into a title rematch off of this. Arman is top 5 now because of this. But those wins tell us absolutely nothing about their skills. The reality is Dariush has always been a chinny fighter and susceptible to first round KOs. Alex Hernandez and Ramsey Nijem both blew him away in one round.

Dariush is a very skilled fighter with contender level abilities but his chin has always been his one flaw. It actually took some luck to go on the run he did without getting finished. We really didn't learn anything about Oliveira or Tsarukyan from those fights that was worthy of analysis. If they had dominated him over the course of a fight it would tell us a lot but we've really learned nothing. I think they should fight each other to determine the number one contender. That would be a more meaningful fight.

Their wins over Dariush don't tell us anything about their skills?? Now how does that make any sense??

Benny was never that good. He has well below average athleticism for his weight class. I don't even think he is chinny as much as being slow translates into getting hit hard in this sport.

You loke analysing ?

It showed is Charles striking is higher level then Darisuh. And Armen landed a great 1 shot KO. Finish. Sometimes it's like that.

I think it's too pick-n-choosy to both say a winning fighter deserves to be highly ranked because of all their winning, but beating them is meaningless because we to those wins were more a strong of coincidental happenstance than consistent domination.

We might be able to say it doesn't prove they're great, but beating someone within title range does prove they deserve to fight each other or someone else within title range.

Just the difference between the point vs the functionality of ranking. We can analyze what the tracks look like, but that doesn't change the direction this train is moving

It got them paid, is what they do for a living.

jesus fuck fans fucking suck. 2 fights ago he deserved a title shot and was a threat. man gets finished twice, hes garbage. dosnt even count as a win

no wonder i post less

Stop trashing Dariush already, the recency bias is honestly getting annoying around here.

Back