Official UFC 156 Aldo vs. Edgar poster

For me it is a super fight. I had Edgar beating Bendo in the last fight.

For me it is a super fight. I had Edgar beating Bendo in the last fight.

As did I and it's not like Edgar's on the decline. He's just as good as when he was champion. He's just faced some tough guys. This is still a superfight, IMO.

As did I and it's not like Edgar's on the decline. He's just as good as when he was champion. He's just faced some tough guys. This is still a superfight, IMO.

Yep, even though i had Edgar losing both fights, the second could have gone either way and he's clearly notin decline. Superfight!!!

Calling it now: best card in 2013. Aldo by KO, Reem by KO, and while i would love to see lil nog win, i think Rashad is gonna pull a UD. Not a bad fight on there.

Looks awesome and can't wait for the fight! Can Aldo hang with Frankie's cardio and can Frankie hang with Aldo's leg chops!

Great main card. So-so poster. It's cool that they are calling it a super fight though. Might get more casuals to tune in.
Agreed on everything. The poster really ought to have at least Overeem and Bigfoot be bigger.

As for calling the title fight a "super fight," that is a smart move, as well as an accurate move. It will definitely gain more attention. Given Frankie's epic war with Maynard and Jose Aldo's dominance, the UFC has got a great selling point.
How is this a super fight?
A former x3 champion of a higher division (which wasn't his optimal weight class) moving down against the x3 (and only) UFC FW champ, and the x3 WEC FW Champ. On top of that, both guys are still improving, and probably halfway through (at the most) of their MMA career. Lastly, the word "super fight" isn't exclusive to 2 current champions.

For some reason, I'm more excited about the undercard bouts than I am for the main event. I'll still watch and enjoy, though. :cool:

Yeah but a guy coming off 2 losses and like 3-2 in his last 5 fights in a so called super fight? Or is it 2-3 i dont really care enough about frankie "i cant finish" edgar to look it up.

Yeah but a guy coming off 2 losses and like 3-2 in his last 5 fights in a so called super fight? Or is it 2-3 i dont really care enough about frankie "i cant finish" edgar to look it up.

This is the closest thing to a super fighter we'll get plus it will most likely be way more entertaining than GSP v Silva or Silva v Jones

cant remember the last time a title fight was a coin flip like this one

Sucks pretty hard I'll be at basic training for a few really good fights.

Back