• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

OBI-WAN KENOBI TV Series (Premieres May 27, 2022)

If you have seen the OBI-WAN KENOBI series, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Anyway I'm only assuming, the delay is because Kennedy and Chow are wanting to tweak the scripts. To make this show better. They see the reaction to the Mandalorian, they see the negative and positive comments
So it's delayed a few months, do you want Star Wars rushed? Let them make a good story

Ok, again you're just focusing on movies. And all the others have made money. Filoni and Favreau. So why didn't Lucas champion Filoni for the position, apparently Filoni says George is his adopted dad

Making money is different than making Star Wars money. Star Wars should always make money on brand value alone (which has declined since TLJ), but Star Wars was the brand that sets records. They were the brand that had the most profitable movie of the year no questions asked, not landed around 6th to 8th place. That's like saying well when Michael Jordan was with the Wizards he still scored 20 points a game.

I love George, he created my favorite universe of all time. I won't say he's infallible. I hate the special editions. The Phantom Menace was completely pointless IMO and robbed us of seeing more of the Clone Wars in the movies. AOTC's love story was pretty bad (still loved the Obi Wan parts and Kamino & Geonosis). I think he trusted KK and Filoni wasn't proven outside of animation and isn't really a business side guy. Nonetheless I wish George pushed for him to be head of creative. The guy has a love and passion for Star Wars.

I love Filoni, but of the Mandalorian episodes, was he your favourite as director. He did a great intro episode. Chow and Waititi did better

If I'm being honest no, even though I liked Episode 1 it wasn't the best episode but it was far from the weakest. The shoot out, the surprise at the end, and Kuiil's introduction were all great. However, Debra Chow's episodes were far and away better than any of the others.

I'm not really pushing for him to really be the guy behind the camera so much as I am wanting him to be the guy the maps out the story and franchise in general.

Anyway I'm only assuming, the delay is because Kennedy and Chow are wanting to tweak the scripts. To make this show better. They see the reaction to the Mandalorian, they see the negative and positive comments
So it's delayed a few months, do you want Star Wars rushed? Let them make a good story

I can agree with this. I'm just disapointed about there being less episodes and how it seems like things never go smoothly at LF.

And for those that doubt the numbers. Hoping you have the attention span to read the damn article

If not, i'll post some quotes

Without a doubt, Star Wars: The Force Awakens will remain the highest-grossing domestic film ever for quite some time with $936.7 million. And for at least the near future (until Avatar 2 comes out, that is), Avengers: Endgame will hold onto the worldwide lead with $2.798 billion.
Top Movies of all time as of now

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($936.7 million)
  2. Avengers: Endgame ($858.4 million)
  3. Avatar ($760.5 million)
  4. Black Panther ($700.1 million)
  5. Avengers: Infinity War ($678.8 million)
  6. Titanic ($659.4 million)
  7. Jurassic World ($652.3 million)
  8. The Avengers ($623.4 million)
  9. Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($620.2 million)
  10. Incredibles 2 ($608.6 million)
  11. The Lion King (2019) ($543.6 million)
  12. The Dark Knight ($535.2 million)
  13. Rogue One ($532.2 million)
  14. Beauty and the Beast (2017) ($504 million)
  15. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker ($495.2 million)
  16. Finding Dory ($486.3 million)
  17. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace ($474.5 million)
  18. Frozen 2 ($466.9 million)
  19. Star Wars: A New Hope ($461 million)
  20. Avengers: Age of Ultron ($459 million)
  1. All four of the best Decembers ever belong to Star Wars movies—including Rise of Skywalker, which made $390.7 million. That’s better than Avatar, The Chronicles of Narnia and all of the Lord of the Rings movies.
  2. Rise of Skywalker captured the second-best Christmas Day gross ever with $32.2 million—which only ranks behind the highest-grossing domestic movie ever, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. That means Rise of Skywalker beat out movies like Sherlock Holmes, Avatar and Aquaman by a hefty margin.
  3. Only six movies ever have reached $300 million and $400 million faster than Rise of Skywalker did. After opening on Dec. 20, 2019, the film achieved $300 million by Dec. 27 and $400 million by Jan. 1.
  4. Rise of Skywalker weirdly enough ranks above movies like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Spider-Man: Far From Home—and even Star Wars: The Force Awakens—in a very random category. Rise of Skywalker owns the best single-day non-opening gross ever for a Thursday with $30.6 million.
Yep, what a failure KK is
https://www.forbes.com/sites/travis...rise-of-skywalkerheres-the-good/#15fb55d66f93

Making money is different than making Star Wars money. Star Wars should always make money on brand value alone (which has declined since TLJ), but Star Wars was the brand that sets records. They were the brand that had the most profitable movie of the year no questions asked, not landed around 6th to 8th place. That's like saying well when Michael Jordan was with the Wizards he still scored 20 points a game.

I love George, he created my favorite universe of all time. I won't say he's infallible. I hate the special editions. The Phantom Menace was completely pointless IMO and robbed us of seeing more of the Clone Wars in the movies. AOTC's love story was pretty bad (still loved the Obi Wan parts and Kamino & Geonosis). I think he trusted KK and Filoni wasn't proven outside of animation and isn't really a business side guy. Nonetheless I wish George pushed for him to be head of creative. The guy has a love and passion for Star Wars.

If I'm being honest no, even though I liked Episode 1 it wasn't the best episode but it was far from the weakest. The shoot out, the surprise at the end, and Kuiil's introduction were all great. However, Debra Chow's episodes were far and away better than any of the others.

I'm not really pushing for him to really be the guy behind the camera so much as I am wanting him to be the guy the maps out the story and franchise in general.

I can agree with this. I'm just disapointed about there being less episodes and how it seems like things never go smoothly at LF.
I would agree, Filoni and Hidalgo need to be the leads of the Story board from now out. They know absolutely everything about this universe

I no longer have cable, so I never heard of this. Has really good reviews so I'll give it a watch.

So going from 6 episodes (which is already a small amount) to 4 is an insignificant detail?

Production issues and Kathleen Kennedy go hand in hand. How many directors has she fired now? Solo was a complete disaster and an epic flop. Episode 8 was a narrative shitshow, and Episode 9 was a complete shitshow. We live in a timeline where Aquaman the lamest member of the Justice League made more money than the Final Episode of Star Wars in the main series. It just goes to show she's awful at her job and has no business being in a leadership position. Can't believe people still hold water for this absolute joke.
I'm a big fan of Solo, Rogue One & the entire new Sequel trilogy as well as the Mandalorian & all the comics, cartoons & novels I've read since KK has been in charge.

I don't care to keep up with the behind the scenes drama or the minority of fans that make up the Star Wars resistance. They're putting content that I'm enjoying & so I'm good. If I wasn't enjoying it I would split & do something else & you wouldn't find me haunting threads about something I don't enjoy & trying to give a hard time to people who do enjoy something I don't.

They should let the Mandalorian team do Obi Wan's show.

They should let the Mandalorian team do Obi Wan's show.
KK must be running Obi Wan for it to such a shit show already. I can't believe she hasn't been axed already.

I'm a big fan of Solo, Rogue One & the entire new Sequel trilogy as well as the Mandalorian & all the comics, cartoons & novels I've read since KK has been in charge.

I don't care to keep up with the behind the scenes drama or the minority of fans that make up the Star Wars resistance. They're putting content that I'm enjoying & so I'm good. If I wasn't enjoying it I would split & do something else & you wouldn't find me haunting threads about something I don't enjoy & trying to give a hard time to people who do enjoy something I don't.

I'm glad that you can find enjoyment out of the current product. I've consistently said that Clone Wars and Rebels are the best things from Star Wars since the OT (with a lot of great video games as well), but you're a bit confused if you think I'm in the minority. There's a reason Solo made less than half of Rogue One and lost Disney money, there's a reason why Episode 9 is going to make about half of Episode 7. The sequel series is a disjointed mess and I'm not remotely in the minority for thinking that. It took what was a perfectly wrapped up story in Episode 6 and decided to rehash the OT destroying the legacy of both Luke and Anakin in the process just to make as much cash as quick as possible with no plan and little foresight.

I liked the Mandalorian, I'm looking forward to the Clone Wars, and I am looking forward to Kenobi. Doesn't mean I can't be disappointed when they drop the already low episode count from 6 to 4 or that there's yet again more issues with production which has become a staple of KK's rein at the top. Star Wars will be a much better product when she's no longer part of it.

And as a 30 year fan that's purchased the movies, games, merch, toys, Disney+, etc. I'm going to voice my opinion if they are putting out an inferior product. Not trying to give you a hard time, but I'm going to express my disappointment when I'm passionate about something.

And for those that doubt the numbers. Hoping you have the attention span to read the damn article

A new hope 461m, adjusted for inflation is 1.9 BILLION.

Curb stomps todays shit.

Especially when you adjust for how much cheaper tickets where back then too to get number of tickets sold for viewers watching.

Edit: taking average movie ticket prices, a new hope sold 230m+ tickets , the force awakens sold around 93m with today’s average ticket prices.

Curb stomped a new hope did.

Last edited:
I'm glad that you can find enjoyment out of the current product. I've consistently said that Clone Wars and Rebels are the best things from Star Wars since the OT (with a lot of great video games as well), but you're a bit confused if you think I'm in the minority. There's a reason Solo made less than half of Rogue One and lost Disney money, there's a reason why Episode 9 is going to make about half of Episode 7. The sequel series is a disjointed mess and I'm not remotely in the minority for thinking that. It took what was a perfectly wrapped up story in Episode 6 and decided to rehash the OT destroying the legacy of both Luke and Anakin in the process just to make as much cash as quick as possible with no plan and little foresight.

I liked the Mandalorian, I'm looking forward to the Clone Wars, and I am looking forward to Kenobi. Doesn't mean I can't be disappointed when they drop the already low episode count from 6 to 4 or that there's yet again more issues with production which has become a staple of KK's rein at the top. Star Wars will be a much better product when she's no longer part of it.

And as a 30 year fan that's purchased the movies, games, merch, toys, Disney+, etc. I'm going to voice my opinion if they are putting out an inferior product. Not trying to give you a hard time, but I'm going to express my disappointment when I'm passionate about something.

Not to be too much of a pessimist, but the Kenobi series is a lost cause if Kennedy has creative control. She's proven that not only does she not understand the franchise, she actually has contempt for the fanbase.

This nonsense with crew being sent home is the same kind of shit that was going on with Rogue, Solo and TROS. She ordered multiple reshoots and repeatedly undercut her directors.

The reason that the Mando is good is because Favreau and Filoni got to do the first season their way while she was occupied with the sequel trilogy, and she didn't have direct control as a showrunner.

KK must be running Obi Wan for it to such a shit show already. I can't believe she hasn't been axed already.

She's too well-connected in Hollywood to fail.

Last edited:

In general, any delays due to fixing scripts are a good thing in my opinion.

That said, when have Kathleen Kennedy's tweaks ever made anything better in Star Wars?

Ok, again you're just focusing on movies. And all the others have made money. Filoni and Favreau. So why didn't Lucas champion Filoni for the position, apparently Filoni says George is his adopted dad

He fucked up. He had a long working relationship with Kennedy and thought that she would respect his work and use her clout within the industry to keep Star Wars on the right path.

Instead, she decided to ignore all of his suggestions and destroy Star Wars canon for the sake of her personal politics.

Bob Iger openly admitted that Lucas feels betrayed but what Disney did with the sequel trilogy. He didn't even show up for the TROS premiere.

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-ce...eorge-lucas-felt-betrayed-by-sequel-approach/

Rogue One is the best thing they've done by a fucking mile since they started the new trilogy. It's a real, true mature, thoughtful film and it's fucking great.

Most don't agree it seems.

I want Kennedy out of creative control.

She lied about the scripts when they announced the show at D23 last summer.

Said that they were completed for all six episodes. Turns out only two are finalized, and they want to cut the series down to four episodes, which means that they just should have done the movie instead.

Rogue One numbah one! Sequel Trilogy numbah nineteen!

A new hope 461m, adjusted for inflation is 1.9 BILLION.

Curb stomps todays shit.

Especially when you adjust for how much cheaper tickets where back then too to get number of tickets sold for viewers watching.

Edit: taking average movie ticket prices, a new hope sold 230m+ tickets , the force awakens sold around 93m with today’s average ticket prices.

Curb stomped a new hope did.

^This. Posting numbers without context is ridiculous. TRoS grossly underperformed. Adjusted for inflation, it's actually in ninth place overall out of the Star Wars releases. It hit a billion because of the scale of the release due to Disney's strong arm tactics on theaters, but it took a month to do so and ticket sales kept collapsing week after week because the movie got bad word of mouth.

There were Disney shills in the media speculating about this movie performing in Avengers: Endgame territory last year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travis...e-of-skywalkers-box-office-woes/#65b1ca19150f

There’s no denying that Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker has had a lucrative run at the box office. Currently the Disney film’s domestic total stands just under $500 million and the international sum rests just above $1 billion. That’s good enough to rank 15th on the all-time U.S. list and 39th on the all-time global list.

So all is good in the Star Wars universe...right?

Well, only if we’re taking those numbers at face value. If we adjust the domestic list to account for ticket price inflation, Rise of Skywalker sinks down to 84th place. Plus, eight other Star Wars properties would rank ahead of it, including Rogue One and two of the much-maligned Star Wars prequels.

Even more troubling than that, though, has been the film’s performance post-opening-weekend. After a seemingly strong three-day start, Rise of Skywalker’s week-over-week decline in ticket sales has been atypical not only for the franchise, but for any blockbuster of this scale.

On the surface, everything seemed peachy on opening weekend: $177.4 million ain’t too bad for three days’ work. That was good enough for Rise of Skywalker to rank third-best ever for the Star Wars franchise.

But keep this in mind: Disney’s latest project had the widest release of any Star Wars film ever. It opened in 4,406 theaters domestically, which was 272 more than The Force Awakens and 174 more than The Last Jedi—and both of those movies earned $248 million and $220 million respectively on opening weekend.

Rise of Skywalker also opened in nearly 1,300 more theaters than The Phantom Menace, which would eventually earn over $800 million after inflation (Rise of Skywalker won’t come anywhere near that figure).

There are plenty of reasons Rise of Skywalker dipped so far down from the first two Star Wars sequels on opening weekend, but the simplest theory is this: the franchise is no longer special.

There's also been a steady decline in revenue for Star Wars IP since TLJ. People aren't buying the merch, and Galaxy's Edge's attendance is garbage. Lucas didn't make most of his money on the movies, he made the real profits from the licensing. Kennedy fucked up the brand.

Last edited:

I don't watch hater videos any more. I've wasted way too much time & listened to their clickbait. You have to understand that most of these people are feeding off of your hatred, & most of the shit they say is just over-analyzed bullshit desgned for you to click on it & like it & for them to get likes & subscribers so that they can sell ad space on their channel.

That guy's condescending voice had me clicking off within the first sentence. If you have something to say then put on your big boy shoes & speak your own words.

I'm glad you have some sensibility in with your distaste for the new sequel & are still interested to see if they can correct & bring more of the fan base back together again. I don't deny that they created an extra large rift with "Not my Luke" but the resistance is in no way the majority voice. They're just the ones who enjoy being a part of an on going roast while the people who enjoyed it are off talking about things they did enjoy & scoring with 10's & stuff.

I have a lot more to say about some of your points here but it was "Sequel" based & so I copied it over to the Tros thread. post #1797 is where you'll find it currently.

Back