Television MS. MARVEL (Dragonlord's Review, post #228)

If you have seen MS. MARVEL, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Update: October 15, 2019

MS. MARVEL Rumored to Reboot INHUMANS, Vin Diesel Eyed for Black Bolt and Aaron Taylor-Johnson Eyed for Maximus

sMLVTyQ.jpg

Casting is reportedly underway for all the Marvel Cinematic Universe shows coming to Disney+, and GWW (who have dropped a few reliable scoops in the past) have now weighed in with what could be some game-changing information about that planned Ms. Marvel TV series.

Apparently, two characters who could appear on the show are Inhuman Royal Family members Black Bolt and Maximus. Guardians of the Galaxy star Vin Diesel - who spent years campaigning for the role of Black Bolt - is being considered for the King of the Inhumans. He only voices Groot, so that's not something that would really confuse viewers.

Here's where things get a little more surprising, though. Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who starred as Quicksilver in Avengers: Age of Ultron, is said to be Marvel's top choice to play Maximus, Black Bolt's brother. By the time Ms. Marvel hits screens, seven or eight years will have passed since he played the speedster, so they could probably get away with him playing another character...after all, Gemma Chan will star in Eternals after appearing in Captain Marvel!

Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman so this all makes sense, but as with any rumour, it's best to take this with a pinch of salt for now. Still, there's no denying that Inhumans could do with a reboot...

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...diesel-reportedly-eyed-for-black-bolt-a171124

Vin Diesel is a terrible actor

Dude is also a manlet

I'd laugh if they signed him

Update: October 15, 2019

MS. MARVEL Rumored to Reboot INHUMANS, Vin Diesel and Aaron Taylor Johnson Eyed for Black Bolt

sMLVTyQ.jpg

Casting is reportedly underway for all the Marvel Cinematic Universe shows coming to Disney+, and GWW (who have dropped a few reliable scoops in the past) have now weighed in with what could be some game-changing information about that planned Ms. Marvel TV series.

Apparently, two characters who could appear on the show are Inhuman Royal Family members Black Bolt and Maximus. Guardians of the Galaxy star Vin Diesel - who spent years campaigning for the role of Black Bolt - is being considered for the King of the Inhumans. He only voices Groot, so that's not something that would really confuse viewers.

Here's where things get a little more surprising, though. Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who starred as Quicksilver in Avengers: Age of Ultron, is said to be Marvel's top choice to play Maximus, Black Bolt's brother. By the time Ms. Marvel hits screens, seven or eight years will have passed since he played the speedster, so they could probably get away with him playing another character...after all, Gemma Chan will star in Eternals after appearing in Captain Marvel!

Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman so this all makes sense, but as with any rumour, it's best to take this with a pinch of salt for now. Still, there's no denying that Inhumans could do with a reboot...

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...diesel-reportedly-eyed-for-black-bolt-a171124

The Inhumans show was always the likeliest candidate to be expunged from the MCU canon.

Not only was it an abysmal failure, critically and ratings-wise, it was also Ike Perlmutter's pet project and Feige despises Perlmutter.

Now that everyone reports to Feige, it will be the ultimate fuck you to Perlmutter.

The guy is actually pretty good at looking different from role to role. He might pull it off.

Aaron Taylor Johnson should be Bond; apparently he'll be the next closest thing in THE KING'S MAN.

I expect Kamala Khan to go over like a lead balloon.

FLWC-21.jpg

this was doomed as soon as inhumans was mentioned

I still have the bad taste of that abomination of a tv series in my mouth. Too soon. Black Bolt just seems so ...boring. He can't speak and when he does it's little baby whispers that are supposed to cause damage. Tons of other characters to focus on.

While he was fine as Quicksilver, he was so bad in Godzilla that’s all I can think of.

The headline says Aaron Taylor-Johnson's being eyed for Black Bolt but the article says that Marvel might want him for Maximus.

<Oku03>

She's by far my favorite Marvel hero (the only one I care at all to be honest). I'm super hyped for this.

I assumed Ms. Marvel would be introduced by film, not TV show.

Update: September 18, 2020

MS. MARVEL TV Series Lands Bad Boys for Life and The Punisher Directors

3kRfIGS.jpg

Disney+'s Marvel series Ms. Marvel has assembled its directing team. Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, the duo behind this year's Bad Boys for Life, have been tapped to work on episodes of the series.

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, a two-time Oscar winner in the documentary short category, has also joined the helming roster for the series, as has Meera Menon, whose credits include episodes of The Walking Dead, The Punisher, Titans, Dirty John, and Outlander.

Ms. Marvel hails from head writer Bisha K. Ali, and centers on Kamala Khan, a Pakistani-American teen introduced in the comics in 2012. The New Jersey-based hero broke ground as Marvel's first Muslim character to star in her own title, and she will become Marvel Studios' first onscreen Muslim hero.

Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige has said that in addition to appearing on the small screen, Kamala Khan will also be included in future Marvel films. The studio is currently in search of an actor to play the hero, whose comics have explored her identity as a Pakistani-American living in a religious family in New Jersey whilst trying to find her own way.

El Arbi and Fallah successfully revived the 25-year-old Bad Boys franchise with January's third installment. The Will Smith and Martin Lawrence starrer earned $425.6 million globally, the highest gross of 2020 so far amid the coronavirus pandemic that shuttered theaters globally for months. The duo are also attached to Netflix's Beverly Hills Cop 4, to star Eddie Murphy, as well as the Muslim family drama Rebel. The Direct first reported their involvement with Ms. Marvel.

Obaid-Chinoy is a celebrated documentarian who took home Oscars for 2015's A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness, exploring the aftermath of an attempted honor killing in Pakistan, and 2012's Saving Face, which looked at acid attacks on women in Pakistan and made her the first Pakistan-born filmmaker to win an Academy Award. The Pakistani-Canadian filmmaker also won Emmys for both projects and has collected a total of six in her career, also winning in 2014 for Pakistan's Taliban Generation and in 2010 for work on PBS' Frontline/World.

In addition to TV work on shows such as You and For All Mankind, Menon is known for her 2013 indie road trip comedy Farah Goes Bang, about a young Muslim woman seeking to lose her virginity while campaigning for John Kerry's 2004 presidential bid. She also directed the 2016 Sundance feature Equity.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...winner-bad-boys-for-life-filmmakers-exclusive

They nailed the character in the newest Avengers video game. I thoroughly enjoyed the portrayal of her and her dad. Both were very likeable and her wide eyes enthusiastic approach to being a hero was endearing. A team up with her and Holland's Spidey would do well.

If they can capture that level of charm and fun for the show it will do well.

Update: September 30, 2020

Newcomer Iman Vellani to Play the Title Role in Marvel Studios' MS. MARVEL

4OnjwjP.jpg

Marvel Studios has found its Ms. Marvel. Newcomer Iman Vellani has nabbed the role of the teenage superhero, who will headline her own Disney+ series before appearing on the big screen in Marvel films.

Marvel had been testing actors throughout the summer and had landed on Vellani by late August or early September, sources say. The Canadian actor hails from the Toronto area and a year ago took part in a Toronto International Film Festival committee that helped highlight films that speak to teenagers. She focused on Hala, a film centering on a Pakistani American teen pulled between her family and life in the West — themes that are echoed in the Ms. Marvel comics.

"We want stories from different genders and different countries and different people," Vellani said at the time.

Disney+'s Ms. Marvel centers on New Jersey teenager Kamala Khan, who broke ground in 2014 as Marvel's first Muslim character to star in her own comic book title. Her comics are known for exploring Kamala's identity as a Pakistani American living in a religious family while trying to find her own way.

Ms. Marvel is from head writer Bisha K. Ali and will be directed by Bad Boys for Life filmmakers Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, as well as Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, a two-time Oscar winner in the documentary short category, and Meera Menon, who has directed episodes of The Walking Dead, The Punisher and Titans.

Actor Kumail Nanjiani, who stars in the upcoming Marvel film The Eternalsand who was born in Pakistan, welcomed Vellani to the Marvel family Wednesday.

"I just saw they cast Ms. Marvel and legit got teary eyed. Congratulations Iman Vellani! Your work is going to mean so much to so many people, myself included. I can’t wait," Nanjiani wrote on Twitter.

Ms. Marvel is one of a number of shows Marvel Studios has lined up for Disney+, including WandaVision, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which originally was set to bow this year and recently resumed production. Meanwhile, Tom Hiddleston's Loki was partially completed before the coronavirus shut it down.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disneys-ms-marvel-finds-star-in-iman-vellani

Back