Mokaev is massively overrated

Yeah, That’s not shooting for a TD, it’s sitting on your legs. Even more pathetic than a guard pull. You end up in position with no offense and your opponent on top of you.

This was a horrible performance, Mokaev should not be anywhere near a title shot for his own sake. He has nothing for Pantoja. He can’t let his neck and back exposed and served on a platter like this.

It would be a perfect sacrifical lamb match up, where the Cannibal eats him alive in front of home crowd in Rio de Janeiro.
Agreed 💯 Pantoja will destroy Mokaev if he tries to “grapple” like that.

He is only 23 so time is on his side and he has plenty of time to improve however he is in NO way ready for the big fish. His fight against Perez was not a good look especially given that every top dog would make absolute fucking mince meat out of Perez

The mental gymnastics to defend these caucaus fighters never ceases to amaze me. It was just like Khamzat after his win over Usman, and his fanboys desperately clinging to "OMG but did you hear he hurt his hand, bro he hurt his hand it was amazing performance how can you expect better when he hurt his hand", meanwhile a guy like Volk breaks his hand during his 5 round dismantling of Max in their 3rd fight and it's merely a small footnote that's barely mentioned, or Whittaker breaking his hand during Romero 2.

If Mokaev was some random American fighter you wouldn't see any of these nonsense. And even better there's a mod who gets buthurt when you call this out and removes your posts / infracts you.

Everywhere I see people being underwhelmed by him, so I don't think he's being overrated really, it's almost like there's this air around him that he's supposed to be great, but no one is really buying it, from what I can see at least

And even better there's a mod who gets buthurt when you call this out and removes your posts / infracts you.

Absolutely right!

Funny sidefact, they also delete Dagi-Nuthugging threads which dont go the way they intended! Ive seen several threads dissapear once Sherbros put an end to the shameless nuthugging and derail their thread with facts about PEDs, Record padding, the Dagi-Pullout-Ratio from unfavorable fights, their inactivity etc…

Looks like it. Both Moreno and that royval beat him

Perez gave him a wrestling lesson

If knees were allowed, he would be still sleeping
I can confirm, I often knee myself to sleep when I have insomnia. It's been 10 years now, I have a small depression in my forehead, when I press it with my finger, my legs do weird things, but then I can speak Finnish for a few minutes before epilepsy kicks in. Really useful trick honestly.

What's funny is he's "only 23" at 12-0-1, but has the most extensive Ammy record I've seen at 23-0, having fought since he was 15.
He has a lot of time to develop, and he'll need it, unless he wants to get Shadfaced against the first competent sprawl and brawler he faces. Needs to put on more muscle to get some more snap in his strikes, for now he's pillow fisted and seems timid to stay standing, which will be capitalized on by higher level competition. The people calling for him to face Pantoja must really hate him.

Yeah, That’s not shooting for a TD, it’s sitting on your legs. Even more pathetic than a guard pull. You end up in position with no offense and your opponent on top of you.

This was a horrible performance, Mokaev should not be anywhere near a title shot for his own sake. He has nothing for Pantoja. He can’t let his neck and back exposed and served on a platter like this.

It would be a perfect sacrifical lamb match up, where the Cannibal eats him alive in front of home crowd in Rio de Janeiro.

i really REALLY wish they gave this kid to pantoja, my god.. i might buy a ticket to see that live

fake dagi would get his ass whooped like he didn't even belong there

The mental gymnastics to defend these caucaus fighters never ceases to amaze me. It was just like Khamzat after his win over Usman, and his fanboys desperately clinging to "OMG but did you hear he hurt his hand, bro he hurt his hand it was amazing performance how can you expect better when he hurt his hand", meanwhile a guy like Volk breaks his hand during his 5 round dismantling of Max in their 3rd fight and it's merely a small footnote that's barely mentioned, or Whittaker breaking his hand during Romero 2.

If Mokaev was some random American fighter you wouldn't see any of these nonsense. And even better there's a mod who gets buthurt when you call this out and removes your posts / infracts you.

some people here REALLY like the taste of dagestani ball sweat
they act like every single caucasus fighter is some genius
even guys you could see from a mile away will never touch gold like mokaev(discount caucasus tetsuro taira) or evloev(bryce mitchell with better striking and no bjj)

Making excuses already saying how he was sick. He only won the first round and was completely neutralized the rest of the fight. These bullshit decisions that ALWAYS go with the A side is getting old.

Only has takedowns, will have trouble finishing the better fighters. Mediocre stand-up, pillow fisted.

Its crazy that they push this guy on us when he is average at best. Definitely doesn't have the Khabib, Islam levels of grappling.

So excited to watch guys like him.....

<{nope}>
It's not Ultimate Striking Championship. This is MMA and homeboy is 6-0 UFC, fuck off noob.

I thought he looked awesome. His initial takedown attempts were getting stuffed but he was finding ways to take Perez (a good wrestler) down. It's very difficult to do what he was doing in there at the UFC level. I wasn't a fan of his excuse making on the mic after and his striking is still a work in progress but the kid is only 23. I for sure think he could hold gold one day.

people here still call a ped cheater the goat, come on...

I think you'd be surprised. Umar is a Sambo world champ, he was able to defend takedowns from Saidyokub and score takedowns on Saidyokub...who mauled Said Nurmagomedov with his wrestling. Saidyokub is an under 19 US national champ in Judo and went to the Cadet national championships in Greco Roman, along with doing Freestyle. Umar is very big and strong. His striking is all over the place, great at distance with lightning kicks but his defense is all about control pace and range, he's not actually good at slipping, blocking, countering, rolling etc. This is true of Usman and Islam too though. It's the one clear fault in their styles I've been speaking on for a long time. Issue is it's tough to expose because nobody seems to be able to stop the takedowns and they aren't comfortable bridging the distance thusly.
The UFC should not have let Saidyokub go in my opinion. No one has done to Said what he did to him (before getting caught in a slick choke by Said). I'd have loved to have seen him against some other guys in the UFC's 135 division before going elsewhere.

Back