Rewatch Mirko Crocop vs Wanderlei Silva

I think this might be the most dominating performance against an elite opponent in MMA history.

Wand could hit nothing but air and was utterly shut down and destroyed.
Unfortunately I think wand was already declining pretty rapidly at that point, but this was definitely the last nail in the coffin for him. He already had that war with mark hunt, got wrestlefucked by arona, and knocked out by crazy horse the same night he fought marco, which is wild to think about. But damn cro cop was dominant in that tournament

I think this might be the most dominating performance against an elite opponent in MMA history.

Wand could hit nothing but air and was utterly shut down and destroyed.
yup, just a master class performance. i was so nervous before this match up because the 1st match was so close, you could argue wanderlei won. and then wand was coming off that fujita demolition, looking extra angry and murderous. then for cro cop to expertly weave in and out, land the better shots, finally culminating into that LHK KO..... fucking a. seeing wanderleis lifeless predator-like corpse on the canvas, complete with the bleeding cut dripping down over the head veins. awesome shit. WAR MARCO CRO COP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I think wand was already declining pretty rapidly at that point, but this was definitely the last nail in the coffin for him. He already had that war with mark hunt, got wrestlefucked by arona, and knocked out by crazy horse the same night he fought marco, which is wild to think about. But damn cro cop was dominant in that tournament

Not sure I would say "badly" declined but yeah I do think he was starting to show signs of decline after the wars with Rampage and Hunt, I think this fight though caused a very steep decline afterwards.

Not sure I would say "badly" declined but yeah I do think he was starting to show signs of decline after the wars with Rampage and Hunt, I think this fight though caused a very steep decline afterwards.
Yeah he never really looked the same after it. In the hendo fight you could really tell he wasn’t the same

Yeah he never really looked the same after it. In the hendo fight you could really tell he wasn’t the same

I think he recovered "somewhat" in terms of his mental game in his latter UFC career but physically he was clearly past his best by that point, lacked the speed which made him so dangerous during his prime and the recovery, became a bit of of a caricature of himself depending more of wild brawling when prime Wanderlei could actually fight quite technically before exploding offensively when he hurt someone.

Macro "polo" Crocop, created a brazilian with a hole in the middle.

6lu8z3jxo0u01.jpg

Back