Crime Minnesota jail in lockdown as 100 inmates refuse to return to cells (due to temperature)

maxresdefault.jpg

Did they victims had basic right to live also respected? Let them suffer

As much as I hate people that hurt other people when in the custody of the government they should have the basic.

A secure place to be housed with a sink and toilet. Something to sleep on. Food that is basic and water. Heat and a/c since they are in a closed area. Safety by force of guards that have complete control over the situation and can enforce all of the rules.

Nothing more is or should be required. The money being spent should be spent on that and nothing else.

We need to double or more the number of guards in prisons. Also none should be privately run. All should be state or federal run.

Dudes die in Texan prisons due to the heat. It is straight up barbaric. The prisons say they can't upgrade to include air conditioning aka "get fucked".

You know how expensive that would be? That would hurt their bottom line, and that's the most important priority.

For profit prisons are one of the most evil, least talked about aspects of US society.

As much as I hate people that hurt other people when in the custody of the government they should have the basic.

A secure place to be housed with a sink and toilet. Something to sleep on. Food that is basic and water. Heat and a/c since they are in a closed area. Safety by force of guards that have complete control over the situation and can enforce all of the rules.

Nothing more is or should be required. The money being spent should be spent on that and nothing else.

We need to double or more the number of guards in prisons. Also none should be privately run. All should be state or federal run.

And what message that sends? 'Its ok to commit crime as we will guarantee your basic rights'

Criminals should have no rights. Prisons in western countries should be run like those in North Korea with forced labor and sleeping on the floor. They must hate the day they were born the very minute they commit crime. That is the message you want to send. Wish I was for the day in charge of criminal law across the world. Human garbage would be segregated appropriately.

Start seeing bigger picture. Prisons are overcrowded because of the soft law.

And what message that sends? 'Its ok to commit crime as we will guarantee your basic rights'

Criminals should have no rights. Prisons in western countries should be run like those in North Korea with forced labor and sleeping on the floor. They must hate the day they were born the very minute they commit crime. That is the message you want to send. Wish I was for the day in charge of criminal law across the world. Human garbage would be segregated appropriately.

Start seeing bigger picture. Prisons are overcrowded because of the soft law.

In the US even prisoners have and should have some basic human rights.

Basic I said like I stated.

I have no problem with extreme isolation and solitary confinement 23 hours a day.

I can see no TVs or other entertainment and it should be like old boot camp in the military where your every move is controlled.

So much internet toughness in here.

I was talking about his av, he is the doctor of doom, oh my.
You know Muttley is going to use every dirty trick in the book and come out on top which only makes beating Dudley sweeter.

mutley-muttley.gif

On topic, jk7707 laid out the situation very succinctly. This is a for profit industry and as he said, the bottom line is all that matters. It's a disgrace.

They should have the basic things like heat and air conditioning. The rest like TVs and such are not required.
I feel like these kinds of things aren't just a plus for the prisoners. Probably helps the guards control them and keep them in line as well.
On paper, it makes sense to not have these things as prison is supposed to be punishment. But in the absence of stuff like that, what are they going to do with their free time? Probably get into trouble, and make their own "fun."

You know Muttley is going to use every dirty trick in the book and come out on top which only makes beating Dudley sweeter.

mutley-muttley.gif

On topic, jk7707 laid out the situation very succinctly. This is a for profit industry and as he said, the bottom line is all that matters. It's a disgrace.
Agreed, I gave his post a like.

I feel like these kinds of things aren't just a plus for the prisoners. Probably helps the guards control them and keep them in line as well.
On paper, it makes sense to not have these things as prison is supposed to be punishment. But in the absence of stuff like that, what are they going to do with their free time? Probably get into trouble, and make their own "fun."

That's because the guards don't have control. They are not enough of them and they don't have the power to do what needs to be done sometimes.

Let em out in the yard during the day. Who cares if it's against regs, so is fucking rioting. Not to mention adding AC is just another escape/security risk.

Back