Mikuru Asakura Announces Retirement

Shoot Boxe Hero

We are Rizin!
@red
Reaction score
Following a first round KO loss to Ya Man in a kickboxing fight Saturday night, Mikuru Asakura has announced his retirement. Per his instagram Mikuru says he has been fighting with amnesia since the loss and it is time to call it quits.

Not the highest quality video, but this was all I could find that shows the full fight:

Loss just occured last night so it is possible he is in his feels and could turn the retirement back, but still never good to hear someone having memory issues after a bad KO loss. If this is truly the end for Mikuru it will be sad for sure, but hopefully he fully recovers and continues to have a prosperous future in whatever endeavor he moves towards. I know him and Kai were talking about opening a high end MMA gym in Japan with top tier trainers from all over the world, so maybe he could take more of a management/training role in that.

Last edited:
Damn, hope he finds some peace in retirement, its hard to walk away, especially when you are still young enough and getting better.

He might have been experiencing some Neuro issues for a while and just pushed through like a champ.

Probably for the best if that's happening. He always seemed to lack something for me in terms of being a real top level guy, seemed to lack the killer instinct that Kai has.

Regardless he had a decent career and I wish him well in retirement.

Back