• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Manlet-handled v10

I dont feel these things are sucker punches.

1. Your opponent can see you clearly.
2. You are inches from each other. 5 feet is a danger zone in a heated argument.
3. You are a dumbass for letting someone get that close to you without swinging first.
4. Real fights have no rules really.

From a personal level, as long as its 1 on 1 and face to face. All fair game. Not the other guys fault you let him get within inches to sleep you. Enjoy the words of the prophet of cte when you wake from your million dollar dream.

Last edited:

2. You are inches from each other. 5 feet is a danger zone in a heated argument.
3. You are a dumbass for letting someone get that close to you without swinging first.

From a personal level, as long as its 1 on 1 and face to face. All fair game. Not the other guys fault you let him get within inches to sleep you. Enjoy the words of the prophet of cte when you wake from your million dollsr dream.

View media item 33960

From a personal level, as long as its 1 on 1 and face to face. All fair game. Not the other guys fault you let him get within inches to sleep you. Enjoy the words of the prophet of cte when you wake from your million dollar dream.
Or keep your hands up (be aware), chin tucked.

Dude's chin was in the air, hands down, chest puffed out trying to intimidate.

And that dude probably (the one who got dropped) was hurt bad - not so much from the punches but from the fact that he fell like a tree and most likely hit the back of his head. Just walk away is the best way but when age, booze and ego are involved you're playing with fire.

Who even cares if its sucker punch

Violence is about hurting other guy, not fair combat
I hope someone comes up behind you and knocks you out one day. Sucker punching is one of the lowest forms of human behaviour.

I have been

Doesnt change the fact that violence is about hurting other guy at the end of the day
No it's not. Social violence like this has certain rules and a concept of fair play, without it people are like animals or psychopaths. If I witness someone sucker punching someone you can bet I'll sucker punch them given the opportunity.

Might as well start throwing if a stranger enters a striking distance.

Warn them not to approach, if they close distance move away and alert them they're too close, and then treat it like it's a life or death situation from then on. Anyone here privy to the legality of this approach?

It's not a sucker punch they're facing each other in each others faces. Sucker punch is when someone blindsides you from the side or back, or just hits you out the blue for apparently no reason. I panicked elbowed a 270lb+ pound bodybuilder guy in the club when I was 21yrs old 175lbs soaking wet at the time. It knocked him out cold. He walked up on me just like that with his hands down chest out. He fell face first I thought i killed him, i didn't. I'm nothing special but I learned right there I will never walk up on somebody with hands down no matter how much smaller they are. It's just beyond stupid. This is before I trained any boxing or muay thai the guy was in his 30s and would have beat the breaks off me if he would just started throwing punches instead of giving me a freebie. I'm 35 now and my fighting in the clubs days are long gone. Now I fight to put my socks on in the morning.

Last edited:
Hard to assess if it was a sucker punch with only 4 seconds of video.

if the big guy threatened the little guy, or pushed or invaded his space, then I would say fair play, self defense, and (if the bigger guy was bullying, escalating or initiating) then a case can be made that a sucker punch is somewhat fair play to even the lopsided odds due to size difference.

Now if the small guy just sucker punched him out of nowhere that is a different story.

hard to tell without more backstory on film.

I will say as I have said on here before that I am still grateful to my childhood TKD sensei for teaching me how to calmly stay in a position to defend myself and strike if needed... rather than standing like an asshole or even worse trying to look like a tough guy, while remaining vulnerable to attack.

there is a skill to avoiding most sucker punches, which is a combination of situational awareness, mental focus and ability to stay calm and alert and positioning/posture. Probably a more important skill than even actual fighting technique in terms of effective self defense in most street/bar/bully etc situations.

No sucker punch there, what we see is someone who forgot the golden rule. Do not let someone get withing punching range of you. Lurch thought he could use his size to get up on and intimidate roided up Kevin Heart. He learned what happens when you forget the golden rule.

Longer vid added to OP

Who even cares if its sucker punch

Violence is about hurting other guy, not fair combat

Before a fight I always touch gloves and go for the beginning of round 3 hug with my opponent before squaring off.

I dunno. In that situation, each guy is basically daring the other to go first. They both knew it could happen at any second. Not really a sucker punch imo. He even said "let's see how fast you are" or some such thing. Well, he found out.

Smaller man= better in close distance
learn how to play to your strengths lanky goof
Yup,

I'm a short stocky dude. I don't fear tall guys if I'm close to them. #1- I was a high level wrestler in high school and college. #2- I have heavy hands. If I stand almost face to face with someone I can easily throw a short fast hook and the taller guy can't even hit me that close with any power.

Yup,

I'm a short stocky dude. I don't fear tall guys if I'm close to them. #1- I was a high level wrestler in high school and college. #2- I have heavy hands. If I stand almost face to face with someone I can easily throw a short fast hook and the taller guy can't even hit me that close with any power.
Same, I remember hating sparring tall guys in beginning of rounds in boxing cause of their straight punches but once I got close and let my hands go most of the time they only could cover up or try to clinch. Best feeling in the world getting close and just letting go 4-5 Punches at a time without your opponent being able to retaliate.

Back