Law Man exonerated after 48 years in prison - Other man exonerated after 12 years because witness was blind

Hang the entire prosecution team if they aren't dead already.

Old man has cancer and will be an economic burden on the prison system.......oops we made a mistake. Let's set him free.

What a horrible case of miscarriage of justice. Sad to read that he is also battling cancer.

:(

<KingstonFrown><KingstonFrown><KingstonFrown><KingstonFrown>
lasthope.jpg

Police and Prosecutors care about getting arrests/convictions for career advancement. Getting the right person is just a bonus.

- If i remember right. You're a former cop, Kevin?

til-kurt-angle-kevin-nash-sid-vicious-and-glacier-starred-v0-n11uspfzncib1.jpeg

This kind of shit happens way too often in our legal system. If you can't afford a good lawyer good luck going up against the police and prosecutors.

It's also why I oppose the death penalty. There's nothing worse the legal system can do than put than innocent person to death.

- Happens here also.

Terrible. And liver cancer is a death sentence … it’s not the kind of cancer you ‘battle.’

As a lawyer who deals with cases like this, all I can say is that they are much less common than they used to be. Law is getting better across most jurisdictions, and judges/prosecutors/defense counsel on major cases are better than their drunkard prior counterparts were.

Often people overstate the impact of the death penalty and underrate the impact of a life sentence. You are taking a person’s life either way. One is just easier on your conscience … but it shouldn’t be.

Which is why I dont support the death penalty and why no one should unless you support the state executing innocent people. There is no perfect system where everyone who goes to prison is guilty.
It's 2023. There's video evidence and phone tracking and people are so retarded they are writing manifestos and then committing heinous crimes. Your stance is reductive, idiotic and doesn't account for new technology. Sooo.. anyways. Think sometime.

Wrongfully convicted people who serve time in Oklahoma are eligible for up to $175,000 (£138,000) in compensation.

Mr Simmons is currently battling liver cancer, according to his GoFundMe [currently at $109,510 of a $50,000 goal], which has raised thousands of dollars to help support his living costs and chemotherapy.
only $175k for ruining his life? Damn

It's 2023. There's video evidence and phone tracking and people are so retarded they are writing manifestos and then committing heinous crimes. Your stance is reductive, idiotic and doesn't account for new technology. Sooo.. anyways. Think sometime.
Your stance is delusional because innocent people are still going to prison. You want those people to die. You can talk about new technology all you want, it hasn't reduced the rate of innocent people getting convicted to zero. So miss me with your lame excuses for supporting state authorized murder.

Back