Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wear that hat and get what’s coming to you. It clearly stands for hate and white nationalism

You were a hat of the president and we can assault you. And people wonder why the country is falling apart.

Buncha snowflakes

1:06:45 threatening an innocent bystander with violence
1:07:40 calls the kids "incest babies"
1:15:20 calls the kids "future school shooters"
1:18:20 "crackers" and "ni**ers"
1:24:53 is booed when he lets loose with homophobic slurs
1:27:00 "there will be no peace until there is bloodshed"

This is just a small time frame from the video. There are so many more gems

Last edited:
This shit is scary man

Not that fake news is reported. But that when it is VERIFIBLY shown to be fake news most of the media still runs with it. And some drones will still follow it.

I thought Trump was wrong when he said "Enemy of the people". No, he was 100% right.

If this kind of shit keeps happening and it grows to a point the media believes it can run lies after lies to destroy people's lives. I predict a very bad outcome

Now that video evidence shows this thread title to be completely incorrect(I'm being nice) can we get a name change please

and conveniently you're not replying to question of why you're clearly trying to frame it as the kid staring down the man, not the man staring down the kid.
You're also not addressing why he made no attempt to pass despite your claims to frame it as that. You're also not addressing why he made no attempt to pass when you can clearly see the kids give him space either side of the smiling kid to walk up the steps either. That one is especially weird seeing as you've been crying about it so much.

Well I've actually responded to this several times already. I said that it appears that the old man had his pride hurt by the mocking crowd, and that is why he stopped where he did instead of trying to go around the smirking kid. At that point he seemed offended and kinda buried his feet in the sand.

Of course he could physically go around them. But he chose to walk through the crowd, which I don't see as an aggressive or intimidating action. As an older man who was clearly in the middle of a cultural demonstration, I would expect the crowd to respect that. Instead, it appeared that they were mocking him.

You can say you are okay with that. That is your opinion. I would not personally teach my son to behave how those kids were behaving in that situation, because I think it showed an arrogance and disrespect for an elderly guy who was not causing any harm to anybody. I don't think there is anything outdated or extreme about that stance.

The problem is you can "say how it appears to you" but it's been proven throughout this thread that how it appears to you has been heavily influenced by a bias you refuse to admit, and it

I never said you were okay with the racial abuse either. What I'm saying is you're okay with defending a man and painting him as the victim, when he's a liar and is buddies with guys who racially abuse kids. With you it's all about the disrespectful kids and how this man was just trying to peacefully walk through with his friends.

The way that it appears to me is heavily influenced by the fact that I've seen this kind of situation so many times before. The entire purpose of a demonstration is to be seen and heard, so to me it is entirely reasonable that the guy would walk through a crowd as opposed to going around. As somebody who does feel somewhat strongly about not being rude to old people, I do have a reaction to the way the kids responded to him. That is a bias, of course. Several guys in this thread have voiced their opinion that old people should be shown any more respect than a kid. I disagree with that. In my value system, a kid gets out of his chair for an elderly man to sit down, so to speak.

But look, I understand what you are saying. You believe the old guy could have avoided the whole thing, and I agree that he could have. To that extent, I agree with you. In hindsight, he probably should have avoided a rowdy group of high school kids. But I still feel that kids need to show more respect in a situation like this.

I do feel terrible for the kids that the criticism has gone so far beyond anything rational. But that is not the lane that I am in, and those people have nothing to do with me. I condemn them as harshly as anybody else on this forum, they don't reflect my views at all.

I mean some kids who got shot at are slightly less annoying then some rich kid mocking an old dude from a stupendously marginalized American group don't you think?
How is this dude "boosting his brand"? He is saying he wants to punch someone. You're reaching

He's saying he wants to punch this kid because he knows that will elevate his brand among progressives. Not to mention give him a boost of dopamine - just look at all the retweets and likes he got for advocating violence against a teenager for the crime of standing.

Fuck any media outlet still running this shit narrative. A boycott would be to Good! They are whipping up a mob mentality the same way the Nazis did.

Anyone threatening these kids, their parents or their school should be TJ'd

He's saying he wants to punch this kid because he knows that will elevate his brand among progressives. Not to mention give him a boost of dopamine - just look at all the retweets and likes he got for advocating violence against a teenager for the crime of standing.

It's not punching kids, it's punching Nazi's! Look at all my virtue. Hit like and subscribe.

Their parents should have taught them some manners instead of this shit. Sad.
One on mothers is blaming "Black Muslims"

Maga hat boy's mother blames 'black Muslims' for her son harassing Native American man

The mother of a boy filmed harassing a Native American man along with his friends at a rally in Washington DC has blamed “black Muslims” for the confrontation, without providing any evidence for the claim.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/maga-hat-boy-apos-mother-132527127.html

One on mothers is blaming "Black Muslims"

Maga hat boy's mother blames 'black Muslims' for her son harassing Native American man

The mother of a boy filmed harassing a Native American man along with his friends at a rally in Washington DC has blamed “black Muslims” for the confrontation, without providing any evidence for the claim.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/maga-hat-boy-apos-mother-132527127.html

I'm assuming that is referring to the Black Hebrew Israelite's which were there antagonizing people, as they tend to do.

They aren't Muslims though, and I don't think they are related to Nation of Islam (not sure about that)

Imagine a group of pro choice teens or Anti Gun teens just standing around. 30 feet away a group of MAGA hat wearing adults call them fa**ots along with other insults and threats. Moments later a MAGA hat wearing adult approaches a kid gets right in his face and bangs a drum. The pro choice teen smirks at him

Imagine the media narrative. And imagine some of the fucks in here and their reactions

Last edited:
They should respect their elders but this isn’t worthy of news stories around her country. It only is because of MAGA hats and the media is obsessed with Trump.

Well the initial reports were that the kids were chanting some Trump slogans at him. That has not shown up on any video, so I'm going with the idea that it did not happen until proven otherwise. But that is the aspect of the story that made it noteworthy in the first place, in my opinion. Not because kids might say something shitty to some old guy, but because it would be another example of young people using the rhetoric of our President to insult people. That is a situation that would absolutely need to be discussed, because the President should not be providing rhetoric inflammatory enough to be used for ridicule. But it has happened across the country, unfortunately.

But that has not been shown on video, it is just the testimony of the old man. At this point, with multiple videos, I'm going with the assumption that it was either a miscommunication or a lie until something pops up that proves it. I hate calling people liars though when I do not have any real evidence that they are lying.

Well I've actually responded to this several times already. I said that it appears that the old man had his pride hurt by the mocking crowd, and that is why he stopped where he did instead of trying to go around the smirking kid. At that point he seemed offended and kinda buried his feet in the sand.

Of course he could physically go around them. But he chose to walk through the crowd, which I don't see as an aggressive or intimidating action. As an older man who was clearly in the middle of a cultural demonstration, I would expect the crowd to respect that. Instead, it appeared that they were mocking him.

You can say you are okay with that. That is your opinion. I would not personally teach my son to behave how those kids were behaving in that situation, because I think it showed an arrogance and disrespect for an elderly guy who was not causing any harm to anybody. I don't think there is anything outdated or extreme about that stance.

The way that it appears to me is heavily influenced by the fact that I've seen this kind of situation so many times before. The entire purpose of a demonstration is to be seen and heard, so to me it is entirely reasonable that the guy would walk through a crowd as opposed to going around. As somebody who does feel somewhat strongly about not being rude to old people, I do have a reaction to the way the kids responded to him. That is a bias, of course. Several guys in this thread have voiced their opinion that old people should be shown any more respect than a kid. I disagree with that. In my value system, a kid gets out of his chair for an elderly man to sit down, so to speak.

But look, I understand what you are saying. You believe the old guy could have avoided the whole thing, and I agree that he could have. To that extent, I agree with you. In hindsight, he probably should have avoided a rowdy group of high school kids. But I still feel that kids need to show more respect in a situation like this.

I do feel terrible for the kids that the criticism has gone so far beyond anything rational. But that is not the lane that I am in, and those people have nothing to do with me. I condemn them as harshly as anybody else on this forum, they don't reflect my views at all.
Fair enough. I don't think we're gonna come to terms on the crowd thing. You still didn't really explain why the man was staring at other students before the smiling kid, and they all kinda turned their head away, or the way you've decided the kid is the one at fault for staring instead of the man.

The stuff about the mocking is kinda hard for me to understand, as I don't really see it. I see kids dancing, laughing, and enjoying themselves. Apparently the tomahawk thing is racist, but they also do it at football games? I assume that team has Native American fans who are okay with that hand motion or whatever. I don't really know, I know fuck all about NFL. I could be wrong on that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to paint you as some sort of monster who thinks it's okay to racially abuse children. A lot of this was me trying to pin down your position on the whole thing as you seemed to have one attitude towards the situation at the start of the thread, defended that attitude throughout, then seemed to ease off towards the end and it was hard for me to get a clear grasp on what you stood for. I'm glad it's all cleared up though.

@Limbo Pete what you said about the chant the man was doing is interesting in context. What had just happened prior to the short video was the group of kids doing their football team chant or whatever, some tribal thing. So it looks like this prompts the NA man to come in with what you explained was a communication in lieu of there being a shared language. Adds a layer to the meaning of it, which of course is lost on the kids as they start doing baseball game injun chants because they're all amped about it.
Yeah I was thinking about that myself. Vocable pow wow songs in general developed for that reason. This song, the AIM Song, has a particular importance. It's about the AIM movement and glory for all Native people... kind of like a national anthem. So it makes sense to sing while marching to the Lincoln memorial and near to a group of less than friendly people.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that is referring to the Black Hebrew Israelite's which were there antagonizing people, as they tend to do.

They aren't Muslims though, and I don't think they are related to Nation of Islam (not sure about that)
The article says there were a few Black men quoting Old Testament passages. Doesn't mention the Hebrew Israelites.

In any case, I fail to see the connection between the Black guys and the Native American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back