Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would all do well to remember that this is the narrative that the mainstream media is pushing. They are pushing Phillip's lies as though they were truth.

Washington Post

‘It was getting ugly’: Native American drummer speaks on the MAGA-hat-wearing teens who surrounded him

Surrounding him [Drummer Nathan Philips] are a throng of young, mostly white teenage boys, several wearing “Make America Great Again” caps. One stood about a foot from the drummer’s face wearing a relentless smirk.

In an interview Saturday, Phillips, 64, said he felt threatened by the teens and that they swarmed around him as he and other activists were wrapping up the march and preparing to leave.

...that guy in the hat stood in my way, and we were at an impasse. He just blocked my way and wouldn’t allow me to retreat.

...“It was an aggressive display of physicality. They were rambunctious and trying to instigate a conflict,” Iron Eyes said. “We were wondering where their chaperones were. I was really trying to defuse the situation.”

Chase Iron Eyes, an attorney with the Lakota People’s Law Project, said the Friday incident lasted about 10 minutes and ended when Phillips and other activists walked away.

Thousands of people have signed a change.org petition calling for changes at Covenant Catholic High School, including the firing of Principal Robert Rowe.

In the WaPo article Philips (the Native guy) says that the kid in the MAGA hat "blocked my way and wouldn't let me retreat". Now that we've seen the video which shows this is a blatant lie, why should we give any credibility to his claim that the kids were chanting "build the wall!" when we can't hear anything like that in the video? Hell, why should we consider him credible on anything? He straight up lied. There's a lesson here and I hope people have learned it. The corporate media on the other hand obviously isn't gonna show any restraint next time some viral tempest in a teapot happens. They got a lot of clicks out of this bullshit so they'll continue to stoke the fires.
When the kid does leave, the old Native drummer man stays where he’s at. To me that also shoots down his version of the story

I addressed this several times already. You do not form a huge crowd in front of a memorial and expect everybody to walk around you. The guy can walk wherever he wants, he was not causing any harm to anybody. Like Fawlty said, maybe he wanted to be close to people since he was singing a cultural song and wanted people to hear it as he passed through. It doesn’t really matter one way or the other, because he was just walking at a snails pace and singing a song. There’s nothing wrong with his behavior, and it’s especually common around memorials.

However he clearly did not want to be mocked by goofy high school kids, or stared down by a smirking 16 year old. Typically, cultural demonstrations in DC are treating with a pretty basic level of respect.

I understand the criticism that you guys are giving the man for not going around the kids. Maybe in hindsight he should have, since they were clearly riled up and responded unusually. But what the man did was not out of the ordinary, not aggressive, not taunting, and I’m sure he was surprised and had his pride insulted when they started behaving the way they did.

I think elderly people expect, and deserve, a certain level of respect. He was not given any respect by those kids at all, and that is a problem in my opinion.

The kids should not be demonized the way they are at this point. When I made this thread I was not expecting the media or people on Twitter to be calling for their names or attacks on them. All of that has been deeply disturbing.

But calling the kids out for blatant disrespect is just obvious to me. Maybe I have different expectations, but it is what it is.

source.gif

We would all do well to remember that this is the narrative that the mainstream media is pushing. They are pushing Phillip's lies as though they were truth.

Washington Post

‘It was getting ugly’: Native American drummer speaks on the MAGA-hat-wearing teens who surrounded him

Surrounding him [Drummer Nathan Philips] are a throng of young, mostly white teenage boys, several wearing “Make America Great Again” caps. One stood about a foot from the drummer’s face wearing a relentless smirk.

In an interview Saturday, Phillips, 64, said he felt threatened by the teens and that they swarmed around him as he and other activists were wrapping up the march and preparing to leave.

...that guy in the hat stood in my way, and we were at an impasse. He just blocked my way and wouldn’t allow me to retreat.

...“It was an aggressive display of physicality. They were rambunctious and trying to instigate a conflict,” Iron Eyes said. “We were wondering where their chaperones were. I was really trying to defuse the situation.”

Thousands of people have signed a change.org petition calling for changes at Covenant Catholic High School, including the firing of Principal Robert Rowe.

I'm surprised the narrative doesn't include an old pickup truck with a confedarate flag flying roaring around with the occupants yelling racial slurs at children

I addressed this several times already. You do not form a huge crowd in front of a memorial and expect everybody to walk around you. The guy can walk wherever he wants, he was not causing any harm to anybody. Like Fawlty said, maybe he wanted to be close to people since he was singing a cultural song and wanted people to hear it as he passed through. It doesn’t really matter one way or the other, because he was just walking at a snails pace and singing a song. There’s nothing wrong with his behavior, and it’s especually common around memorials.

However he clearly did not want to be mocked by goofy high school kids, or stared down by a smirking 16 year old. He likely expected to just walk on through, because that’s typically what happens. Cultural demonstrations in DC are treating with a pretty basic level of respect because they occur frequently. You just ignore them, or you respond respectfully.

I understand the criticism that you guys are giving the man for not going around the kids. Maybe in hindsight he should have, since they were clearly riled up and responded unusually. But what the man did was not out of the ordinary, not aggressive, not taunting, and I’m sure he was surprised and had his pride insulted when they started behaving the way they did.

I think elderly people expect, and deserve, a certain level of respect. He was not given any respect by those kids at all, and that is a problem in my opinion.

The kids should not be demonized the way they are at this point. When I made this thread I was not expecting the media or people on Twitter to be calling for their names or attacks on them. All of that has been deeply disturbing.

But calling the kids out for blatant disrespect is just obvious to me. Maybe I have different expectations, but it is what it is.

lol at anything disturbing happening in that that video or on twitter. You are such a tool and drama queen. I hope you get over your "deep disturbance".

Elderly people deserve respect? You have the morality of a farmer from the 1920s. You must be old. You are certainly old fashioned and subscribe to herd morality.

When the kid does leave, the old Native drummer man stays where he’s at. To me that also shoots down his version of the story

Exactly. Washington Post reported that the native group walked away first, but it was the boys who left first in order to catch their bus.

Chase Iron Eyes, an attorney with the Lakota People’s Law Project, said the Friday incident lasted about 10 minutes and ended when Phillips and other activists walked away.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ded-him/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6db16846bacd

Wear that hat and get what’s coming to you. It clearly stands for hate and white nationalism

However he clearly did not want to be mocked by goofy high school kids, or stared down by a smirking 16 year old. He likely expected to just walk on through, because that’s typically what happens. Cultural demonstrations in DC are treating with a pretty basic level of respect because they occur frequently. You just ignore them, or you respond respectfully.

Spend more time calling out the racist native than the goofy kids.

I’ll wsit on several paragraphs of you demonizing h the racist he hung out with. But I doubt I’ll get that. Hack.

Washington Post

This is exactly what I was talking about. Who threw a beer can at him? I must have missed that in the video.

Just check the comments of that article, the hatred that's spewing and people talking about slapping those kids. How THOUSANDS of people from all over the country (and the world?) signed a petition to get the principal of the school fired! Wtf?

References to Orwell have become beyond played out in the last couple of years, but I can't help but notice that corporate media outlets and especially social media platforms function almost like a Two Minutes Hate that lasts all day. People are walking around anxious and pissed off over stuff that doesn't even effect them - or stuff that wasn't reported on accurately. Society is becoming more tribal and frankly, more retarded.

lol at anything disturbing happening in that that video or on twitter. You are such a tool and drama queen. I hope you get over your "deep disturbance".

Elderly people deserve respect? You have the morality of a farmer from the 1920s. You must be old. You are certainly old fashioned and subscribe to herd morality.

@Devout Pessimist @Fronk

You guys might want to re-read the post he just quoted.

I said the fact that the kids were being threatened was deeply disturbing. You disagree? It's not disturbing for people to call for violence against a 16 year old? Lol. You guys are just looking for reasons to hurl insults now, which is typical.

Did he really just question the fact that old people deserve respect? Only farmers from the 1920s respect their elders?

@Devout Pessimist @Fronk

You guys might want to re-read the post he just quoted.

I said the fact that the kids were being threatened was deeply disturbing. You disagree? It's not disturbing for people to call for violence against a 16 year old? Lol. You guys are just looking for reasons to hurl insults now, which is typical.

Did he really just question the fact that old people deserve respect?

They deserve no more respect than anyone else. Fuck off with your hand me down morality. Get back in your time machine. There are probably a thousand threats on Twitter everyday. What's gonna happen? It is normal. Stop fuckin sensationalizing everything.

They deserve no more respect than anyone else. Fuck off with your hand me down morality. Get back in your time machine.

I disagree. I definitely think kids should show respect for the elderly, and I don't think I need to "get back in my time machine" for that to be a basic principle.

That's actually an odd stance to take. I wasn't expecting anybody to actually criticize respect for your elders as a basic American principle. I would think that most people would agree with that, even the more abrasive posters.

The videos CLEARLY show there was enough space for him to get around with 0 problem.
The man made no attempt to get past him.
His friends racial abuse the crowd he walked into.
He then goes on to make up lies about the crowd to news publications.

Yeah, I'm sure he was there in good faith and not to provoke any reaction.

There's a massive problem here too where you keep bringing up what the other kids did in relation to the one kid who smiled, but haven't brought up how his companions started racially abusing the crowd and he's fine with that.

The kids can't say shit, smile, laugh, or even stand still according to your bullshit standard. If the guy wanted to pass and the kid kept stepping in front of him it would have been obvious, but this NEVER happened. There's actually a clear amount of space for the man and his friends to get past the kid either side of him, but he's set on playing drums instead while standing still.

Also, if you watch the video the man starts staring at other kids first and they all turn away because it's awkward as fuck. He makes no attempt to get past them either. Why is it the kid staring down the man in your view, not the man staring down the kid?

Why are you so adamant on defending the side of a liar who obviously is okay with grown men racially abusing kids? It's fucking baffling, dude.

The left will ruin a boys life to chase a narrative. They are vile and evil creatures. To hear these hollywood hypocrite elitists tweet like crazy before the facts are known...

Anyways, the left will burn themselves. I will look for CNNs retraction on Monday on page 20 in size 4 font.

The videos CLEARLY show there was enough space for him to get around with 0 problem.

There's a massive problem here too where you keep bringing up what the other kids did in relation to the one kid who smiled, but haven't brought up how his companions started racially abusing the crowd and he's fine with that.

The kids can't say shit, smile, laugh, or even stand still according to your bullshit standard. If the guy wanted to pass and the kid kept stepping in front of him it would have been obvious, but this NEVER happened. There's actually a clear amount of space for the man and his friends to get past the kid either side of him, but he's set on playing drums instead while standing still.

Also, if you watch the video the man starts staring at other kids first and they all turn away because it's awkward as fuck. He makes no attempt to get past them either. Why is it the kid staring down the man in your view, not the man staring down the kid?

Why are you so adamant on defending the side of a liar who obviously is okay with grown men racially abusing kids? It's fucking baffling, dude.

It does look like the few native guys went there to confront the kids, given the 'Go back to Europe this is our land' diatribe that that one guy was going off with. It wasn't the drummer saying that, but it would appear that they were there together.

It does look like the few native guys went there to confront the kids, given the 'Go back to Europe this is our land' diatribe that that one guy was going off with. It wasn't the drummer saying that, but it would appear that they were there together.
Yeah, I'm not saying the drummer said those things, but it's clearly the people he was with, and he didn't speak out and try to diffuse that from what I seen. He was just fine with his buddies racially abusing kids, but y'know he's the victim in all this apparently.

There's a massive problem here too where you keep bringing up what the other kids did in relation to the one kid who smiled, but haven't brought up how his companions started racially abusing the crowd.

But I did comment on that guy. I have repeatedly said that the guy was way out of line. But nobody is arguing that he wasn't out of line, so it has not been a topic of ongoing debate.

If the guy is just a huge liar then I hope he's shamed relentlessly. At this point, I'm just talking about what we see on the footage. I am not using anything he says occurred, that is why I am not bringing up the "Build the wall" chant. He says that happened, but I won't comment on it without proof.

What I actually see, is a man doing nothing wrong at all. How he felt, what his intentions are, I can't say for sure. I can only say how it appears to me.

Well now you are veering into strawman arguments. I am obviously not okay with anybody racially abusing anybody. The man with the drum did not racially abuse anybody in the video, and was obviously not a part of the conversation in which racial abuse occurred. We don't even know what that conversation was about, outside of the inappropriate comments that can be heard that I've repeatedly condemned.

I feel like you guys are repeatedly making my stance more extreme than it is. I think my stance is moderate to the point that you guys want to make it something different so that it is easier to attack.

lol! left is pathetic. The magnetic strip on your race card is getting all scratched and not working anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back