Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this a school event??? If not the school can’t really do much about it.

That kid is a cunt......buuuuut if the guy has the right to sing then the kid has a right to stare at him, there was no violence.

MAGA hat wearers exhibit hate / animosity towards a non-White person . I am shocked I tell you, Truly shocked !!

-
Now I wouldn't say most people wearing the hat are like these kids, but it is not a coincidence that a person who hate Native American (or just any non White) gravitates towards wearing the MAGA hat.

Was this a school event??? If not the school can’t really do much about it.

That kid is a cunt......buuuuut if the guy has the right to sing then the kid has a right to stare at him, there was no violence.

If you read the post, you will see that it was at a rally in DC. A private school can most definitely take any action that they want to take, regardless of where the event took place. A good number of the kids were actually wearing their private school's clothing while humiliating their school.

But even if that wasn't the case, they are a private school and can do anything they want.

So news worthy, some dumb random kid

It appeared to be a couple dozen kids, and they were chanting the president's slogan and wearing the President's other slogan. Their actions are a direct result of the President's rhetoric. How absurd do these situations have to get before Trump's supporters acknowledge that his rhetoric is damaging to the country?

Why do you think these kids decided to chant "build the wall" at these indigenous people?

Some Catholic school kids wearing MAGA hats attended a pro-life march in Washington. For some reason, they decided to harass the Indigenous Peoples March. Some of the students were shouting "Build the wall" at the men, and one kid walked up to smirk in the veteran's face.

The elderly veteran in the video is Nathan Phillips. He is a Vietnam veteran who holds an annual ceremony honoring Native American veterans at the Arlington National Cemetery. He is also the former director of the Native Youth Alliance. After the incident he said, "I wish they put their energy into making this country really great, helping those that are hungry.”

The Catholic school that these boys attend has released a statement saying that the disrespect and lack of dignity that the students showed is contrary to their teachings, and that they were considering punishments up to expulsion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/19/us/covington-catholic-high-school-nathan-phillips.html

Yeah that's pretty awful.

Show respect to elders.

Edit: I saw the video. Old Indian man walked up on the kid. Blame goes to the old man beating a drum in the kid's face.

Last edited:
If you read the post, you will see that it was at a rally in DC. A private school can most definitely take any action that they want to take, regardless of where the event took place. A good number of the kids were actually wearing their private school's clothing while humiliating their school.

But even if that wasn't the case, they are a private school and can do anything they want.

It appeared to be a couple dozen kids, and they were chanting the president's slogan and wearing the President's other slogan. Their actions are a direct result of the President's rhetoric. How absurd do these situations have to get before Trump's supporters acknowledge that his rhetoric is damaging to the country?

Why do you think these kids decided to chant "build the wall" at these people?
If they didn't like his politics, they should have smashed his head with a bike lock. #resist

Yeah that's pretty awful.

Show respect to elders.

Showing respect should be the default in all situations. The fact that this man was elderly only makes the entitled brat even more ignorant.

The problem is, these kids believe they are serving Trump's cause. Everybody needs to take a serious look at how divisive and disrespectful Trump has been, and the very real effect that it has on people. These kids seemed genuinely proud to chant, "Build the wall," at random Native Americans.

It appeared to be a couple dozen kids, and they were chanting the president's slogan and wearing the President's other slogan. Their actions are a direct result of the President's rhetoric.
lol

We have to ask ourselves what kind of message these kids are receiving, directly from the President, if they are wearing his gear and chanting his slogans at a group of Americans.
So the President wanting border security means he controls the actions of these kids?

Why do you think these kids decided to chant "build the wall" at these people?

That's the question, alright
The Indian Ed program I came up through used to do fundraisers selling raffle tickets, etc. in front of stores (WalMart and so on) for years. And there would almost invariably be someone that would lurk around mean mugging or asking leading, racist, obnoxious questions. General harassment. There we are, selling raffle tickets to literally feed and clothe children, and somebody would have to make a giant ass out of themselves. Had a guy one time that asked what we were doing, said no thanks to making a donation, then went and got food to eat standing 4 feet from our table while staring at us.
Some people are ugly through and through, and they teach their children to be ugly as well.

This is a big nothign burger. The kids were standing on the steps doing their pro-life protest and the Indian walked up to them beating his drum, then continued to beat on it in the face of that kid, who started to smile. If smiling while getting a drum beat in your face is considered harassment, I feel sorry for our future.

If that was my son I’d kick the shit out of him and stream it live on Facebook.

Don’t be too hard on those catholic kids. They’ve been through alot...

This is what immature posters do when they have no defense. I imagine you smirking right now, like the entitled kid in the video.

But yes, they were quoting the President. So that is undeniably a direct result of the President's rhetoric. It is impossible to deny that, and it would be foolish to try.

Actually, it was the native Americans that started to walk towards the group of kids

Some Catholic school kids wearing MAGA hats attended a pro-life march in Washington. For some reason, they decided to harass the Indigenous Peoples March. Some of the students were shouting "Build the wall" at the men, and one kid walked up to smirk in the veteran's face.

The elderly veteran in the video is Nathan Phillips. He is a Vietnam veteran who holds an annual ceremony honoring Native American veterans at the Arlington National Cemetery. He is also the former director of the Native Youth Alliance. After the incident he said, "I wish they put their energy into making this country really great, helping those that are hungry.”

The Catholic school that these boys attend has released a statement saying that the disrespect and lack of dignity that the students showed is contrary to their teachings, and that they were considering punishments up to expulsion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/19/us/covington-catholic-high-school-nathan-phillips.html

Here is the unedited video. Doesn't seem so bad now does it?

If those kids were not wearing those Make America Great Again hats, the media would have never covered it and it would just be a Facebook vid being shared of "High school kids dancing and celebrating with drum playing Native Americans"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back