Khabib vs tony is NEVER happening...

RockyLockridge

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
And that's a good thing.

I know that's a controversial statement. A lot of people wanted to see that fight, but lets really see what cancelling this fight has given us as a community. every time this fight DOESN'T happen we get something good out of the deal.

The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale — Dec. 11, 2015
When this fight got cancelled, khabib pulled out. it gave us Edson barboza vs ferguson a great scrap with a nice finish.

UFC on FOX 19 — April 16, 2016
This time, Tony pulls out. Khabib takes on a late replacement in darrell horcher scoring khabib a finish. the UFC gives up on this match up for a bit. they put tony against chiesa, and khabib against johnson. Chiesa doesn't show up, Lando fills in. Tony also quickly turns around and fights RDA.

UFC 209 — March 4, 2017
khabib has a seizure hours before the fight, no fight is able to be made for ferguson. Soon after Ferguson fights Kevin Lee for an interim title. gives us another fight with a finish.

UFC 223 — April 7, 2018
ferguson trips over a wire and tears his LCL requiring surgery. We get THISSSSSSSSSSSSSS close to holloway vs Khabib, unfortunally holloway misses weight and we get iaquinta vs khabib instead.

UFC 249 — April 18, 2020
Khabib foolishly gets on a plane and leaves the continent 11 days before the fight allegedly to train or someshit, whatever. Khabib can't get back into america (some say he had a travel pardon from the russian government, I'm not sure how well founded that is) This leads to Gaethje vs Ferguson the best LW title fight in recent years.

so in summation, This is what we got.

Fights we didn't get:
Tony vs Khabib

Fights we ALMOST got
Khabib vs Holloway
Tony vs Chiesa

Fights we did got as a result of Khabib vs tony being cancelled
Tony vs Barboza
Khabib vs Horcher
Khabib vs Johnson
Tony vs Lando
Tony vs RDA
Tony vs Lee
Khabib vs Iaquinta
Tony vs Gaethje

Potential Fights to look forward to
Khabib vs Gaethje
Tony vs McGregor
Tony vs Hooker
Tony vs Dustin
Tony vs Diaz

The just bleed gods have been to cruel to us in this affair, but they have done much afterwards to appease diciples of violence in khabib vs tonys wake. Dont worry lads. that fight isn't happening. it's time to let go. Embrace this new timeline with potentially better fights.

Last edited:
23012360-referee-show-red-card-to-camera-view.jpg

And that's a good thing.

I know that's a controversial statement. A lot of people wanted to see that fight, but lets really see what cancelling this fight has given us as a community. every time this fight DOESN'T happen we get something good out of the deal.

The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale — Dec. 11, 2015
When this fight got cancelled, khabib pulled out. it gave us Edson barboza vs ferguson a great scrap with a nice finish.

UFC on FOX 19 — April 16, 2016
This time, Tony pulls out. Khabib takes on a late replacement in darrell horcher scoring khabib a finish. the UFC gives up on this match up for a bit. they put tony against chiesa, and khabib against johnson. Chiesa doesn't show up, Lando fills in. Tony also quickly turns around and fights RDA.

UFC 209 — March 4, 2017
khabib has a seizure hours before the fight, no fight is able to be made for ferguson. Soon after Ferguson fights Kevin Lee for an interim title. gives us another fight with a finish.

UFC 223 — April 7, 2018
ferguson trips over a wire and tears his LCL requiring surgery. We get THISSSSSSSSSSSSSS close to holloway vs Khabib, unfortunally holloway misses weight and we get iaquinta vs khabib instead.

UFC 249 — April 18, 2020
Khabib foolishly gets on a plane and leaves the continent 11 days before the fight allegedly to train or someshit, whatever. Khabib can't get back into america (some say he had a travel pardon from the russian government, I'm not sure how well founded that is) This leads to Gaethje vs Ferguson the best LW title fight in recent years.

so in summation, This is what we got.

Fights we didn't get:
Tony vs Khabib

Fights we ALMOST got
Khabib vs Holloway
Tony vs Chiesa

Fights we did got as a result of Khabib vs tony being cancelled
Tony vs Barboza
Khabib vs Horcher
Khabib vs Johnson
Tony vs Lando
Tony vs RDA
Tony vs Lee
Khabib vs Iaquinta
Tony vs Gaethje

Potential Fights to look forward to
Khabib vs Gaethje
Tony vs McGregor
Tony vs Hooker
Tony vs Dustin
Tony vs Diaz

The just bleed gods have been to cruel to us in this affair, but they have done much afterwards to appease diciples of violence in khabib vs tonys wake. Dont worry lads. that fight isn't happening. it's time to let go. Embrace this new timeline with potentially better fights.

skysports-tony-chapron-referee_3893701.jpg

I don't buy it. I think there's still a non-zero chance of us seeing this fight, especially if Khabib beats Justin.

TS has pointed out the brighter side of this dark stain in mma history and is right. We got a bunch of good matchups. I didn’t want to watch Tony have trouble with space like Dustin. Cause that’s what was going to happen. Khabib would have crowded Tony and beat him down. Let’s be honest.

Tbh, I’m glad the talk of this match up is over for at least a little while. I can only be honey dicked, and blue balled so many times. And I honestly didn’t think the fight was likely to be competitive, anyway. That’s my honest opinion.

I've never been all that interested in the fight because I don't think Ferguson ever had that great a shot at winning. He would be on his back and he does not have the Jiu-Jitsu to submit Khabib. Stylistically, I think it's a horrible matchup for Ferguson. I also think he's mentally ill and shouldn't be fighting at all.

Still though, he deserved it and it's a bad thing he never got the fight. I hope they still give it to him after Gaethje, whether he wins another in between now and then or not. The man has earned a shot at a real belt. It would be a travesty if he never gets that opportunity. If he's going to be allowed to continue to fight, then he should get what he's worked for.

He’s still one win away from a title shot. I don’t see Tony losing again for awhile, the only thing that would stop him from getting another shot is losing, who’s going to beat him exactly?

He lost to Gaethje but he was over trained, and trained mostly for a wrestler. The 2 weight cuts affected him definitely.
He's pretty old for a LW and just took a lot of damage. he's taken damage in his run aswell.

It might be the last we see of him at the top, that kind of beating is not good late career.

I like Tony because he's an interesting character and entertaining fighter, but Khabib ragdolls him easily and punishes him on the ground

Khabib vs Horcher, and then Khabib vs Iaquinta instead of Ferguson are not "good" by any standard of measurement. Those are both HUGE steps down over what should have been.

Fucking Horcher? Seriously?

Khabib vs Horcher, and then Khabib vs Iaquinta instead of Ferguson are not "good" by any standard of measurement. Those are both HUGE steps down over what should have been.

Fucking Horcher? Seriously?
yeah sure they weren't ALL good but look at all the good fights tony was in. you got like four or five 8/10 fights out of the deal it's a win.

yeah sure they weren't ALL good but look at all the good fights tony was in. you got like four or five 8/10 fights out of the deal it's a win.

Unless they're better than Tony vs. Khabib, no, and when they're THAT much worse and you're saying "still a win," then that's just stupid.

Unless they're better than Tony vs. Khabib, no, and when they're THAT much worse and you're saying "still a win," then that's just stupid.
you dont know if they were worse. if khabib vs tony looked exactly like khabib vs horcher you'd call it a great fight. You cant account for the quality of a fight that has not happened, however i can account for the quality of fights that have taken place and overall i've been satisfied. with or without khabib vs tony.

Back