Kamaru Usman vs Khabib...who takes it?

khabib isnt the kind of guy to go up a weight class and challenge somebody bigger than himself. he knows without a significant size advantage his chances of winning drops big time
And usman has gone up how many times? His p4p ranking is fake too hasn’t ever not hidden behind a weight scale

I wanna go with this. Look at Blazchowitz v Adesanya. On paper, Adesanya is a MUCH more accomplished striker and an awkward one at that, but that skill transfers only that far. Jan dominated him like it wasn't a close fight. I think weight classes - at least at higher weights, matter a lot.
Usman was taken down by Colby, a tiny WW
Khabib would ragdoll him

Khabib ragdolls Luke in the gym

I've always thought that Usman would win, but watching Colby's takedown and his wrestling attempts, I actually think Khabib could have success and probably outpoints Usman. I don't think Usman would KO khabib because of the threat of the takedown, Usman would respect Khabib's grappling even more than Colbys.

They should fight at 155,

Oh wait, they can't. Usman is just too big.

So, this is your answer.

Also, Khabib doesn't need to ''solidify'', he is not the one who got choked by someone like Caceres and get finished by a fighter like that, or he didn't tap to a mediocre fighter such as Matt Serra's strikes.

Khabib is the only undefeated, P4P No.1 champion, who earned more money than anyone except for Conor. He is also the most dominant one with having most 10-8 rounds.

Usman's training partner Gaethje also said no one under 185 beats Khabib so, Khabib doesn't need to prove anything.

Khabib retired too early, resume not in the same discussion to be even in top-5 p4p all-time. Sorry, he's the goat LW though. ;)

Usman was taken down by Colby, a tiny WW
Khabib would ragdoll him

Khabib ragdolls Luke in the gym

Possible, but not a foregone conclusion. I think Khabib walks into that one a bit more aware of Usman's fists. But again, 50-50 for me. Just saying, weight classes ain't nothing to ignore.

Gun to my head I'd say Usman wins though I wouldn't be surprised to see Khabib win.

I wanna go with this. Look at Blazchowitz v Adesanya. On paper, Adesanya is a MUCH more accomplished striker and an awkward one at that, but that skill transfers only that far. Jan dominated him like it wasn't a close fight. I think weight classes - at least at higher weights, matter a lot.
Comparing Adesanya's ground game with the best grappler in mma history makes no sense. Technique goes a long way to negating size advantage. Usman won't be able to just muscle Khabib on the ground because their energy output will be different, Khabib's superior technique requires much less energy which will factor into who gets the better of who on the ground.

Colby vs Khabib.

Rocky/Drago shit.

Bad matchup for Colby. He doesn't have the power to trouble Khabib, he'd eventually get walked down and grappled to Bolivia.

Khabib wins.
He's the better fighter, the pressure would be too much for Usman.

Usman's best friend Gaethje said himself no one 170 and under in this world is beating Khabib. He ain't lying.

Comparing Adesanya's ground game with the best grappler in mma history makes no sense. Technique goes a long way to negating size advantage. Usman won't be able to just muscle Khabib on the ground because their energy output will be different, Khabib's superior technique requires much less energy which will factor into who gets the better of who on the ground.

Yes, assuming they get on the ground, and how quickly. Usman would have to be an idiot not to anticipate that as a likely scenario. He's no GOAT but he can punch, and hard. I wouldn't bet on technique being enough here. Like I said - possible, but far from a foregone conclusion.

Khabib hits even less hard than Colby and has even less reach than him - which was one of Colby's main struggling points, just couldn't reach Usman back while he was getting punched by him.

Add to it, Usman's just bigger and stronger. And his bread and butter is wrestling. He's no future/former FW striker or some no wiki page having bearded egg from nowhere Khabib's used to fighting. Kumaru's a whole different beast. And he's not a draw either. So I don't think this is the fight to come back for. I think Khabib should stay retired.

Meanwhile Usman should consider challenging Izzy. That's the real champ vs champ fight right now.

Not even Usman's training partner Gaethje thinks he would win.

Khabib has better fight iq, wrestling, grappling and striking. He's better everywhere.

He is not better standing but is far better grappling. Usman actually has solid boxing fundamentals that are more advanced than Khabib's stand-up. If the fight hits the mat, Khabib dominates. Would be a great fight.

I see Usman ragdoll Khabib like he ragdolled Woodley, a one sided beating, am i the only one?
Khabib has little t-rex arms compared to Usman. Marty would pick him apart at range and Khabib couldn't do anything about it. He would shoot and Marty would stuff. Marty would bully him all over the cage and overpower him everywhere. You saw how much trouble Khabib had with Tibau. It would be that, only worse, with Usman.

Back