He's elite standing up,and he isnt that easy to takedown because of how agressive he is. Not everyone can survive trying to pressure him,to get the TD. In the end,Oliveria precision striking undid him,but he had to get dropped a few times to get in there. Most people are gonna fold trying.

The guy never takes people down cos hes afraid of getting submitted,cos he just disdains learning this aspect.

I'd like to see him fight RDA next (if he beats Fiziev) he needs to face more grappling challenges going forward, not be protected and only put in stylistically favorable matches.

he wasn't protected, the guys he fought were the top LWs at the time. sprawl and brawlers were the meta at the time. you gotta have a sense of time and where the division was at in that time. it's not as simple as saying "he needs to fight more grapplers" it's more like more grapplers need to step their game up and break into the top 5-10.

I'd like to see him fight RDA next (if he beats Fiziev) he needs to face more grappling challenges going forward, not be protected and only put in stylistically favorable matches.
Whittman should force him to wear a turtleneck sweater for one full year to build up an immunity to things touching his neck..People will wonder why is constantly tapping his leg but its all part of the process.

He's elite standing up,and he isnt that easy to takedown because of how agressive he is. Not everyone can survive trying to pressure him,to get the TD. In the end,Oliveria precision striking undid him,but he had to get dropped a few times to get in there. Most people are gonna fold trying.

The guy never takes people down cos hes afraid of getting submitted,cos he just disdains learning this aspect.
jiujitsu doesnt work.png

he wasn't protected, the guys he fought were the top LWs at the time. sprawl and brawlers were the meta at the time. you gotta have a sense of time and where the division was at in that time. it's not as simple as saying "he needs to fight more grapplers" it's more like more grapplers need to step their game up and break into the top 5-10.

I didn't say he was protected, I'm saying I hope one of their matchmaking goals going forward for him isn't "let's not match him up with anyone that has a good chance to submit him and only put him in fun brawls".

Its crazy that even today,it happens.

I see him trying,getting frustrated,and quitting doing it.

I also think Herman was joking,but no one got the joke,apparently.
Herman was not joking in anyway..

Rodtang has better sub defence than Gaethje, it's strange for a guy at that level, to not practice bjj. I don't think it makes him not elite though.
He's a good enough td defender and wrestle scrambler for his game to work.
In pure bjj situations, he's just a white belt with horrible bjj instinct.

Justin Gaethje is basically the modern day Chuck Liddell
Chuck was better at getting up lol but its not the worst comparison. Justin's leg kicks are for sure a unique trait,the way he uses them

Who taps faster?
Rumble
Trigg
Gaethje

Hmmm

Back