Just rewatched Willow

SamSchmidt

I crossed time for you belt
Banned
Reaction score
Peck peck peck peck peck.
Manlets on display here. They are the heroes. Fuck you big guys.
Sam and Frodo come right after.

Edit: not that I relate to the manlets

What? Willow Ufgood and Madmartigan were a EPIC team.

Like Mighty Mouse & Daniel Cormier, just an awesome pair that prevailed over all odds.

I don’t get the troll you were going for?

Sherdoggers- is there a better pair comparison between Warwick & Val Kilmer and mine above?

I haven’t seen that movie in a looooooooooong time

giphy.gif

th

Kilmer was awesome in this.

I bought the DVD a while back to re watch it. Still holds up.

One of the few "big" fantasy movies i haven't seen. Idt I'll love it cuz i dont have nostalgia glasses about it but I'm sure I'll watch it at some point. Just saw pans labryinth finally and feel that one is a little overrated. Not bad and the ending was good but overrated none the less.

One of the few "big" fantasy movies i haven't seen. Idt I'll love it cuz i dont have nostalgia glasses about it but I'm sure I'll watch it at some point. Just saw pans labryinth finally and feel that one is a little overrated. Not bad and the ending was good but overrated none the less.
Give it a watch. It’s no LOTR. But for the 80s fantasy movies it is solid. Hell, Kilmer and Warwick alone make the movie worth watching. The soundtrack is great too. Just go in watching expecting it to be a fun movie and you should enjoy it. I love this movie.

Watched it with my 9 year old for the first time.

He liked it, thank God, because I'm unable to produce a replacement for him if he didn't....

And it's still badass.

The Brownies were proper comic relief.
"SHUTUP OR ILL BREAK YOUR NOSE! You are mine to toy with"

I would say from a non nostalgic point of view probably the main thing it has to recommend it is the FX, one of the last examples(along with Robocop 2) of large scale use of traditional work like stop motion before CGI fully took over.

Amazing soundtrack. Passable acting (Kilmer was amazing, you could tell he was enjoying himself). The special effects were.... hit or miss but it was the 80s so they get a pass. And on top of it all it had a legitimately good story.

Easily one of the best fantasy movies ever. Not top 3, but it hits my top 10.

The NES video game was good, but when I finally watched the movie last year or so, was not impressed by its performance.

Back