• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just a reminder to the Ben Askren haters. Khabib was............

JM Barrie

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Khabib was 16-0 when he debuted in the UFC.
He fought a 34 year old Iranian who was 7-1-2. He was 0-1 in the UFC
That was along time ago but I think I remember it not being too big of a walk in the park for Khabib.

Ben will debut in the UFC at 18-0.
No one is talking about him facing a guy who is 0-1 in the UFC, are they?
Stop hating on Ben just because Dana said some shit about him.

Ben_askren.jpg
ac-olympics-is_askren.jpg
askrentyedyefro.bmp
thumbnail_crop.php

Better fro, too.

War Ben. And shout out to the Sunkist Kids.

I really hope this fight happens
Routing for Askren since so long, the guy deserves the spotlight and some good money too

I can't think of a single good reason for rocking that hairdo. Wait ... that's actually a great reason in itself.

Khabib never proclaimed himself to be the best grappler in MMA when he entered UFC. He became the best after beating the best.

Ben on the other hand talks a lot of crap for a guy who has fought cans all his career.

I think this guy not being a draw has more to do with his looks than his boring style, no homo.

Khabib never proclaimed himself to be the best grappler in MMA when he entered UFC. He became the best after beating the best.

Ben on the other hand talks a lot of crap for a guy who has fought cans all his career.

Is Ben not like 55 or something?

Can you name the best that Khabib beat?

An IRANIAN!? That really drives your argument home.

Conor? RDA? Barboza? A UFC #15 is equal to top 3 in these bum organizations where Askren has fought all his life.

So 2 pure strikers and a deflated RDA?
What kind of legacy is that?

Ben is a lot more well known than Khabib was in his debut. He's been around forever. He's too old to get built up slowly too.

So 2 pure strikers and a deflated RDA?
What kind of legacy is that?
Deflated RDA? U mad? He was on a 5 fight W streak streamrolling opponents. So what Khabib faced a striker? They were the highest ranked fighters available at the time. If you have a grudge against wrestlers then i cant help u. Barboza, RDA would easily be champ at ONE. Stop kiddin urself.

I can't think of a single good reason for rocking that hairdo. Wait ... that's actually a great reason in itself.
Actually I used the wrestle with a guy who had a fro like that and he would always stick that shit in my face when we clinched up. A proper fro is a very underutilized weapon.

In before some SJW :eek::eek::eek: accuses Ben of cultural appropriation

Deflated RDA? U mad? He was on a 5 fight W streak streamrolling opponents. So what Khabib faced a striker? They were the highest ranked fighters available at the time. If you have a grudge against wrestlers then i cant help u. Barboza, RDA would easily be champ at ONE. Stop kiddin urself.
Askren has his wrestling career..
Him calling himself the best grappler doesn't come from him dominating fighters from ONE, although he faced solid competition, but him being extremly dominant during his wrestling carreer which has translated well into MMA...

Agree about Khabib though

Not mad. Its a fact.
Not strikers. Pure strikers.
Connor hadn't fought MMA in 2 years. There weren't rankings when he faced RDA i dont believe.

Why would I have a grudge against wrestlers when I cheer for Ben?
Stop kiddin yourself.
Fedor had a hell of a better padded record in PRIDE.......... and thats saying something.

Conor? RDA? Barboza? A UFC #15 is equal to top 3 in these bum organizations where Askren has fought all his life.

yeah, there's definitely no one in bellator that could ever hang with ufc-level talent. ufc has only the best...

Khabib was 24 when he made his UFC debut. Ben is 34 and has yet to fight in the UFC.

He won his first fight by submission, without losing a round.

I get it you're a big fan of Askren, but he hasn't even fought in the UFC yet, people aren't hating on him, they're just pointing out the fact he hasn't been tested at the highest
level yet.

Khabib has.

Ben does have a better fro though, it's like a papakha he grew out of his own head. Respect.

Khabib has to be envious of Askrens hair.

Back