News Jonathan Martinez vs Marcus McGhee set for UFC 309 on November 16th

Who wins?

• Total voters
That still doesn't make what I said any less valid lol.
I am just pointing out how silly it is to pretend that they're nobodies.
Another thing to note is I don't have a TON of interest in the BW division so I don't really care to remember every dude who is there.
That says more about you than it does about the fighters. This fight is a banger. If you don't know who either of these guys are, that's on you.

I am just pointing out how silly it is to pretend that they're nobodies.
Where was I pretending as if they are nobodies? Yes I presumed that they were prelim guys because I didn't know them, my bad.

That says more about you than it does about the fighters. This fight is a banger. If you don't know who either of these guys are, that's on you.
Where did I say that it wasn't on me that I don't know these guys? I've already made two posts where I acknowledge the problem being me.

Idk why you and the other dude who replied to me are coming at me the way you are. You guys need to remember not EVERYONE has been watching MMA as long as you or has at least been following it seriously as long. I was only watching MMA casually up until around the time I made my account as I was more of a Kickboxing/ MT watcher who watched MMA casually. Expecting everyone to know what you see as common knowledge is just elitist.

Where was I pretending as if they are nobodies? Yes I presumed that they were prelim guys because I didn't know them, my bad.

Where did I say that it wasn't on me that I don't know these guys? I've already made two posts where I acknowledge the problem being me.

Idk why you and the other dude who replied to me are coming at me the way you are. You guys need to remember not EVERYONE has been watching MMA as long as you or has at least been following it seriously as long. I was only watching MMA casually up until around the time I made my account as I was more of a Kickboxing/ MT watcher who watched MMA casually. Expecting everyone to know what you see as common knowledge is just elitist.
Solid post

Sorry I don't know every single dude on the roster fighting on prelims like you, Mr all knowing entity.
Then don´t do cheap posts about them and get butt hurt when put in place?
Learn to live with it like I do instead.
And by the way..
You would need to bring in some new heads for their bodies to make this fight a woman pleaser, would you not?

Last edited:
For McGhee, when you're a BW who made his UFC debut in his 30's and have looked great since doing so, you get big opportunities relatively quickly. Going to learn a lot about him since this is a HUGE step up in competition.

If Martinez is the fighter that a lot of people thought he was (myself included) he's going to need to show the surging prospect that there are levels to the game and he is on a different one. He will definitely test the structural integrity of McGhee's legs and his ability to check a kick.

What a fun matchup. BW division is so talented.

Last edited:
Back