Jon Jones: Would beat Anthony Joshua with 2 years of boxing

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“I believe that if I were to hire the right people to be around me, that’s maybe four boxing coaches..... that’s what the guys at the highest levels [have in place]. [I would] hire guys to come in here and we spend two years focusing on boxing and only boxing. I believe I’d be able to compete with the best in the world.”

Jones had previously mentioned the idea of facing IBF, IBO, WBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (22-0, 21 KOs) - but he realizes that the Olympic gold medal winner would have a significant advantage if they met in the ring.

“I would imagine he would have the upper hand big time,” Jones said of Joshua. “He’s spent so much time throwing hands and that’s his passion.”
https://www.boxingscene.com/jon-jon...-133109?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Can’t eye poke with boxing gloves.

He's out of his mind. Jones doesnt even have power in UFC with 4oz glove. elite HW boxers have huge power well except fury maybe but he has mad skill.

Such nonsense...from the title.

Jones would get put into the corner and unloaded on lol

He'd last two rounds, maybe. Conor was atlas boxing in a legit place as a kid. Jones was a wrestler and has weak boxing for even MMA champ level. Without his wrestling threat and 8 pointed striking, he would not even be an amateur champ.

I don't believe he would be able to compete with the best but the title is purposely misleading since he basically said he wouldn't beat Joshua.

Back