News Joe Joyce vs. Zhang Zhilei set for April 15 (ESPN+)

I like this fight, Zhang beat Hrgovic in my opinion, and whilst i see joyce winning, I'll be interested to see Joyce take some of the Chinese lads big shots.

I am sure Joyce won't underestimate him but it is indeed a risk to progression.
Joyce is comfortably around the edges of facing for a legit title.

Is this to keep busy or what?

as soon as you are presented with 2 names, you know if it piques your interest or is simply a mismatch, this one's interesting

This is bad match up for zhang - Joyce has granite chin, high volume, and crazy cardio. I see Joyce laying it on and stopping him rounds 8-9.

i think the top boys are just hoping that Joyces chin eventually gives out
hah! doesnt look like it will anytime soon. the guy just trudges forward like a zombie.
this is a great fight. i thought Zhang beat Hrgovic too. but i think Joyce is gonna do what he does and eventually bludgeon him into submission

Seems just too perfect a matchup for Joe. Zhang can punch but his output is too low and he's easy to hit, and Joyce has not only that volume and work rate but an iron chin. It's not like Zhang is even going to be able to out finesse Joyce. The only surprise would be if Zhang is still on his feet by the end of round 12.

Seems a sideways if not backwards step for Joyce, but maybe he sees it as a relatively easy payday. Zhang totally gassed out against Hrgovic.

This is a really fun fight. I was wondering what Zhang's next fight would be.

It is a bit of a shame they never got Zhang against one of the house hold names or champions. I suppose promoters couldn't put together the big Beijing stadium thing Zhang was trying to sell.

Might be fun for about 4-5 rounds, then Joyce's workrate completely wears out Zhang and he gets brutally ktfo

323222024_716370563398926_6179299989057023447_n.jpg

Back